• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arduous

Status
Not open for further replies.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    He was eyeing the metal box carefully. He knew what Pokemon he wanted and what type he wanted. He just hoped he would get it.

Noticing that the Professor had just entered he got up and held his hand out towards the Professor for a shake. "Ah Professor Kusaba, you finnaly made it. I'm Jason Broadwell and I'm here to pick up my starter pokemon," he said with a hint of excitement in his tone. He had completly ignored everyone else in the room and wanted to make a good impression towards the Professor.

"Of course, I can wait, because the other trainers aren't here, it will only be fair. If thats your opinion? I don't mind," he stated trying hard not to sound impatient.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    The man forced a pleasent smile. "Well, yes. I had gathered that that was to be your main intentions for comming here." He waved a hand at the comfy looking cream counch. "Please take a seat. No doubt you'll be wanting to start. However, before we begin Professor Suzuki would like you all to fill in a little survey for her. It's nothing major."

The women handed each teen a single piece of paper. Written in neat handwriting, prehaps from Suzuki herself was a short list of questions with the spaces left for the answers that would take up most of the paper's room.

1.Out of Grass, Fire and Water which is your favourite type?

2.Apart from each other, name at least one weakness and one advantage each of these three types have.

3.If you saw a badly injured Pokemon lying on the ground still alive, but unable to move, what would you do?

4.In full evolution what is the smallest and largest of the starters?

5.Name the last move each starter learns on their basic form.

6.Write the name of every starter's Japanese name, including their evolutions.

7.What is Professor Suzuki's favourite starter?

8.If you did happen to catch one of the legendaries, what do you plan to do with it? Please also add which legend it would be.

9.Do you have a certain second starter choice if your first option is taken?

10.In their full form name what kind of animal you think each starter may have come from.

The questions seemed rather easier then what was expected.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jason finished the survey as quickly and diligently as he could and turned it in. 'Few that was an easy survey but a long one,' he thought proudly.

Water

2.Apart from each other, name at least one weakness and one advantage each of these three types have.
    1. Grass - Weak against Poison Types; Strong against Rock Types
    2. Fire - Weak against Rock Types; Strong against Bug types
    3. Water - Weak against Electric Types; Strong against Ground Types

3.If you saw a badly injured Pokemon lying on the ground still alive, but unable to move, what would you do?
    I would try my best to bring it to the nearest Pokemon center. Being that it is a wild Pokemon, I'm sure it wouldn't trust me at first.

Smallest being Swampert at 4'11 and Largest being Feraligatr at 7'7.

Bulbasaur - Posionpowder, Sleep Powder
    Charmander - Smokescreen
    Squirtle - Water Gun
    Chikorita - Posionpowder
    Cyndaquil - Ember
    Totodile - Water Gun
    Treecko - Quick Attack
    Torchic - Ember
    Mudkip - Bide

Bulbasaur - Fushigidane
    Ivysaur - Fushigisou
    Venusaur - Fushigibana
    Charmander - Hitokage
    Charmeleon - Rizard
    Charizard - Rizardon
    Squirtle - Zenigame
    Wartortle - Kamer
    Blastoise - Kamex
    Chikorita - Chikorita
    Bayleef - Bayleef
    Meganium - Meganium
    Cyndaquil - Hinoarashi
    Quilava - Magumarashi
    Typhlosion - Bakufun
    Totodile - Waninoko
    Croconaw - Alligates
    Feraligatr - Ordairu
    Treecko - Kimori
    Grovyle - Jupitol
    Sceptile - Jukain
    Torchic - Achamo
    Combusken - Wakashamo
    Blaziken - Bashamo
    Mudkip - Mizugorou
    Marshtomp - Numakorou
    Swampert - Rugaji

Charmander

8.If you did happen to catch one of the legendaries, what do you plan to do with it? Please also add which legend it would be.
    I would train it just like I would with my other Pokemon. (Articuno)

No, but a water type would be fine with me.

10.In their full form name what kind of animal you think each starter may have come from.
    Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur: *Seed*; *Dinosaur*
    Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard: *Lizard*
    Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise: *Tiny Turtle*; *Turtle*
    Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium: *Leaf*; *Herb*
    Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion: *Mouse*; *Volcano*
    Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr: *Big Jaw*; *Crocodile*; *Alligator*
    Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile: *Wood Gecko*; *Forest*
    Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken: *Chick*; *Young Fowl*; *Blaze*; *Chicken/Rooster*
    Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert: *Mud Fish*

Last edited:

Scottura

Searching for the Light...
    Years
    Scott burst through the labratory's doors and headed to the place where the starter pokemon were going to be given out. "I hope I'm not late. I knew I shouldn't of threw my alarm at my brother. Scott thought to himself as he sped up, hopeing he wasn't too late.

Scott burst through the labs door's and saw the professor and a trainer standing near some pokeballs. "S-sorry I'm late proffessor, I slept in..." He shouted as he walked towards the two. As Scott was almost there, he tripped over his own feet from both, embarrassment and tiredness.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Candle winced at the sound of a screech piercing the air, rather than yelp like before. Finally getting used to these sudden sounds, his composed side taking over as Remius immediately clinged onto him.

{E-Eh!! Boss, wha' wuz' that?!}the Gligar shivered, minding his claws from damaging his trainer's raincoat, last thing he wanted to do was poison his owner. The rain had already soaked him enough as it was, but, that was precisely what he loved about it.

Being wet!

The prospect of fear instantly vanished, replaced by a soft giggle as the Flying type held out a claw to feel the rain. Candle of the otherhand, was tilting his head from side to side, trying to make heads or tails on where that disturbing screech had come from. It sounded like that of a bird, but that was all he could make out of it.

By the volume of the cry, a big one.

Could it have been one of the Legendary Birds?

The boy managed a smile at this conclusion, brightening up for the first time since he had stepped foot on this island. He would've even jumped up and down with joy.. if not for the fact that he was searching for another Legendary. It wasn't a bird he was looking for, as the tale his grandfather told him long ago flashed past his mind for a brief moment.

"It's probably not the one I'm looking for..."he told himself, ignoring the Gligar clambering all over him just to see which part of the human was where the most raindrops were felt.

"-I'd better go and check it out."the boy failed to realise that this had contradicted his earlier statement, charging off in the direction he 'thought' the sound had resounded from, Remius grabbing tightly onto his head so as to not fall off anytime soon.

But, then again, Candle was always the type who'd make up unexplainable logic-leaps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    Professor Suzuki glanced at Jason's answers and seemed pleased with them.

"Not bad. I'll just add in your score." She grabbed her pen from her pocket and a small notepad. Counting up the number of correct answers she wrote the results besides Jason's name on the notepad. "Eleven correct answers. That's quite good."

Whatever was supposed to happen next was interupted by the door opening and slamming shut for the forth or fith time this day. A lightly tanned boy with messy spiky black hair made his way towards the table, but fell forward onto his front. At the same time saying "S-sorry I'm late proffessor, I slept in..." before falling flat on his face. Professor Suzuki couldn't help, but crack just the tiniest hint of a smile, hoping that no one would notice.

Professor Kusaba sighed as he glanced somewhere else around te room Anywhere, but on the boy. "Ah, yes. Scott. I'm glad that you've finally made it and you're just in time." The brown-haired man waved his hand at the pile of papers on the table. "Please take one and when you're done, hand it over to Professor Suzuki.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another screech echoed through the forest as Candle stumbled though the vegetation. As he got to a part of the forest where there were fewer trees he came across the biggest Grass Pokemon that ever lived. A Tropius.

The Tropius was bending, swerving and blocking each direct blow from the large caramel brown and light tan-cream bird with his huge head and neck. The avian gave another screech of frustration as she swooped over the huge tree-like sauropod, careful to not get cut by the creature's sharp leaves.

The Pidgeot tried again to slash at Tropius thick branch-like neck, prehaps hoping to decaptitate the creature. However, a qick dodge saved the Mokèlé-mbèmbé type creature from a possible beheading. Not that Pidgeot's wings were possibly capable of doing so, but you never know.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jason listening to Professor Suzuki and looking at her going over his survey, was pretty confident of his survey and was glad that he was the first one done with it. "It wasn't that hard, but it was very long," he said to her trying to strike up a conversation. He was anxious to see what he had got.

"Eleven Correct Ansers. That's quite good."

He was curious as to what 'quite good meant.' "...and thats out of how many?," he asked cuiously. But before he could get an answer, another trainer had just burst into the room, panting and looked like he was out of breath. He had tripped on his own and fell flat on his face. As he got up, his was red due to the hard impact of the floor.

"S-sorry I'm late proffessor, I slept in...," the new arrival said still breathing heavily. Jason couldn't help but smirk at this kid. 'Only the beginning of the day and hes already having a bad day,' he thought to himself as he smirked.

Nikki23

//-N.I.K.K.I-\\
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    Nishi had her hood up and was walking on a path, the storm had lightened on the island. She sighed pulled her hood down reaveling her meduim blue hair that was very short and messy. She smilled a little, reaching for her three pokeballs letting out her closest friends. "Ember...Eva how are you two holding up?" she walked over and took out a potion and began to mend Eva first. Sure, the evee was the highest level out of all of them, but she was the most injured. She had fought a trainer a ways back, he was asking for it. The random guy ended up having a houndoom, so evee was no more than a warm up. Her vulpix, ember, put up a small fight but her absol luna had finished the fight.

Once they were mended she saw her male vulipx draging his tail. Luna the absol nuged nishi and tilted her head to the vulpix. Luna then laid under a tree by Eva. 'I swear...luna is more like a mother than a pokemon...' she walked a few yards over to the vulpix.

He looked up at her with watery eyes. She scooped him up in her arms "Ember, dont be so hard on your self...." he looked away. She loved her pokemon dearly, and wished she could afford a fire stone, her vulpix wanted to be a nintails so bad...

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, he gave luna a hard time, and absols are really rare...." she scratched his back. She saw the small brown evee and the much larger absol walking up.
    Nishi pulled Ember close to her chest and the evee jumped on her shoulder. Her pokemon were pretty silent, they had never been noisy. The newest member was luna, many people were stunned she caught it with a evee and vulpix, but she really talked it into somming more than beat it...

"You did great, im so proud of you...your going to be a great ninetails, your the best vulpix ever Ember, your great and you know it...." The evee made a squeek and noded licking the vulpixs ear lightly.

She had a hand on lunas sythe, it flet leathery and warm. Suddenly it hardened, i sighn she was tense. Luna's head shot up and she stood erect facing the path ahead. She looked back

Come on.

Nishi blinked. Luna's mouth didnt move but...? Ah, she was just tired. She felt Ember move to her shouler and Eva got in her hood. She started walking and Luna started to jog, so Nishi did the same to keep up, running down the path on the strange island. 'Where are we going?' she thought to herself, but put all of her trust in luna.

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Rika sat down next to the open stretch of beach. The warm air relaxed her for the time being. She reached into her bag and released her Venonat, Vee. She started to touch Vee's soft fur as it made a happy buzzing noise. She sighed and with her free hand, she started to pick up the sand; the rough grains smoothed her hand while she started to pile the sand into a crude sand castle. She looked up and saw the ocean water silently creeping on the sand.

Rika stood up and ran down to the shoreline, giggling. She stepped onto the muddy sand and when the water would come up, she ran back to the dry sand. Vee stood behind her, wondering what her master was doing. Behind the pokemon, leaves started to rustle and the sound of screeching Pokemon could be heard. Rika paid no attention to Vee's observation and continued her little game.

Vee knew how to get Rika's attention. Vee eyes began to glow and bright flashes of light started to disperse into the surrounding environment. A distracted Rika ran over to Vee and that is when she noticed the rustling and screeches.

"Come on, Vee!!" yelled the little girl, "we can't let whatever is over there run away!" Rika grabbed Vee and huddled her in her arms as the girl ran into the bush. Air glided through her hair as she continued to run. She didn't notice the tree branch underneath and tripped, losing her grasp of Vee who flew off and landed in front of her. Rika screamed quietly to exert some pain. She heard the screech again and got up, dusted her outfit and grabbed Vee to chase the noise again.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Candle let out a sigh of relief as he noted the decreasing amount of vegetation, if anything, things were starting to look up.

If you didn't count the humongous Tropius and Pigeot swooping through the air in an intense battle, right infront of his eyes. The boy took a moment to get over the shock, stiffling a whimper, hugging his Gligar close to him as he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

This must've been either of their territory... Something or the other. "Maybe they got into a fight over who had the nicer wings..."the boy slapped himself on the head for even thinking of anything of the sort. Now wasn't the time for him to define logic, was it?

{Y'know, boss'. If we leave quietly, dey' might not notice us, y'know?}Remius hissed into his owner's ear, hanging onto him with equal shock and fear.

Candle merely showed his agreement by a simple nod, slowly backing away from the battlefield. If only he had eyes behind his head, if he did, he would've seen the giant tree root sticking out from the ground.

Too bad he didn't.

"GAH~!!!!!"Candle landed on the ground with a sickening thud, his Gligar in a dazed stance.

"Rem!! Please don't faint!!!!"the boy cried out in distress, shaking the Flying type, oblivious to the fact that the action would make him more noticable than ever.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    Professor Suzuki looked up a sheet of paper she had pulled from her top coat pocket. 'Yes, I'd much rather make long questions then hard ones." Despite the interruption and the fact that Jason may not be listening Professor Suzuki answered the short question anyway. "It's kinda hard to explain, but believe me, your score is good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prehaps running in an unknown area was a bad thing to do. Especially when this part of the forest was owned by an extremely torritorial beast of tooth and claw. Due to his huge form and thick almost steel-like scales covering his body, he was king of the jungle. Or at least that's what he claimed himself to be. A self-title, really.

His deep blue eyes watched the blue-haired girl dash her way through the forest with three canine-like beasts. The "Rex" was savely hidden between the trees and overgrowth of bushes and other various plants. However, his purple scales, while protecting him from harmful direct blows, did nothing for his camouflage against the greens and browns of the forest. In fact, such a great creature wasn't even naturally a forest dweller.

As Nishi stormed past his hiding place, the beast snouted loudly and made his decision. With an uneartly roar that was loud enough to shake the ground, the purple bipedal rabbit-like beast charged forward towards Nishi. He ignored her Pokemon, the could do nothing to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pidgeot took no notice of the boy, prehaps not even realising that her screech brought a male and female to his territory. He had other important things to worry about.

However, their battle was forcefully put to a halt as both fighters caught the noise made by Candle. The avian snapped her head this way and that in confusion before her sharp sight caught the intruders. Their "grounded" prosition gave her the upperhand, but she still raised her feathers threatentingly as she gave a soft caw-her warning.

The Tropius pawed the ground nervously, his tail laying almost motionless on the leafy earth. He saw the human as no threat as he had no natural weapons, but the bird above him was a different matter all together.

No one nothing Rika emerge into the scene.

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    Mina thanked the professor as she was given her sheet and gasped audibly as she saw the questions.

She really didn't know- she loved all, but... she did have a certain tendency to love Water pokemon for their magesticity... but then again- Fire pokemon were always...

She circled them all. She had no favourites... but put a tick next to Water.

Grass: It's strong against Rock type pokemon. Weak against Flight or flying pokemon as well as bugs.
    Fire: Obviously the weak birds and bugs are weak. Er, the Rock are it's weakness.
    Water: Electric types weakness. Rock types advantageous.

She gasped... wondering what kind of question was this. Should she lie or say the truth? Would she really give it company? "What if the pokemon's mother was coming for it. I would not want to separate it..."

I'll try to treat and make it conscious to the best of my knowledge. Then I'll wait to see if it is safe. If it isn't, then I'll err.... probably call an expert but if I know it myself then I'll treat it further at my home with a paralyz heal- because that would be the most common ailment if it was unable to move.

She looked uncertain- they all were massive compared to her and even though she'd done her dramatist a good impression, she didn't know them much. Well... Blaziken looked more humanoid... but it could be tall as opposed to being wide.

She just randomly put in Typhlosion for the tallest and Venasaur for the shortest as it appeared to be closer to the ground as the most.

Oho! She remembered this.

Bulbasaur - Sleep Powder
    Charmander - Metal Claw
    Squirtle - Rapid Spin
    Chikorita - Poison powder
    Cyndaquil - Ember
    Totodile - Water Gun
    Treecko - Quick Attack
    Torchic - Ember
    Mudkip - Mudshot

Chikorita sounded Japanese so it was already Japanese... probably all the others were too!
    Everyone has their original name. ^^

She sighed, wishing she'd payed attention to her father when he was teaching her these but decided to skip this question.

She looked annoyed by this question but hid it. "It must be something random... like... hey wait! Her appearance is that of water..."

Squirtle or Totodile

I'd catch them all make them play blindman's bluff with me-- my brother's, ever since they hit puberty, are postively allergic to me-- so I think if the birds were playing then it would be fun. (She put a little smiley face for good measure, too).

Well, I love them all so I don't mind. Hehehe!

Venausaur- Seed, like a herbivore dinosaur type thing. But it might not be herbivore because of those weird fangs coming out of it's mouth.
    Charizard: Huge lizard-like creature with bat properties and two horns. Almost a very fat bat...
    Blastoise: Big turtle, like, really big.
    Typhlosion: Ferret type-thing - with explosive power
    Feraligatr: Big crocodile- with a toga.
    Meganium: Geranium turned into a dinosaur because it wanted to talk to it's friends. (Megami Goddesses pokemon)
    Blaziken: Avian qualities. Fire bird/human type thing.
    Swampert: Mudskipper... but a bit bigger- almost cute.
    Sceptile: Gecko which likes tea. Not very cute.

Finally pleased with her answers, she handed it in. She hadn't revealed too much at all and didn't really want anyone, not even the professors, to know what she was doing.

"Not cheating, I've already handed mine in!" She beamed at Azra and the others, grinning like the fool she was pretending to be.

Last edited:

Nikki23

//-N.I.K.K.I-\\
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    Nishi heard a sound and turned. Somthing was running straight for her. She tossed Ember and Eva out of harms way and braced herself.

'What the heck is this thing' she though jumping a step over to the side. She fell back and landed with a thud. She heard three growls veryingin depth. Evas fur was on end and her fangs were bared. Luna's sythe was glowing brightly ready for attack and Ember...

The vulpix had a insane look in his eye. To her surprise his growl was the deepest.
    {Go away...} the vuplix said his eyes glowing slightly

[Leave Nishi alone!} The evees tail was swishing back and forth, hair standing up

/Dont get in our way\ The absol lowered its head and pawed at the ground

Nishi felt her jaw drop. She had never heard her pokemon speak, but now...she could understand them. She stood up. Whatever this thing was, the four of them wouldnt back down. Nishi stood up straight.

({}=Ember []=Eva /\= Luna)

Years
    Jeff took the questions from Professor Suzuki and looked them over, he sighed a breath of relief, "Studying really does pay off.", he thought to himself as he began answering the questions.

Fire.

Fire is at a disadvantage against rock and at an advantage against bug.
    Water is at a disadvantage against electric and at an advantage against rock.
    Grass is at a disadvantage against flying and at an adavntage against ground.

If I had any extra healing items I would use them on the Pokémon, but if I didn't, I'd try and get it to a Pokémon Center as fast as I could.

Swampert is the smallest at 4'11" and Feraligatr is the largest at 7'7''.

Bulbasaur: PoisonPowder and Sleep Powder.
    Charmander: Metal Claw.
    Squirtle: Water Gun.
    Chikorita: PoisonPowder.
    Cyndaquil: Ember.
    Totodile: Water Gun.
    Treecko: Pursuit.
    Torchic: Peck.
    Mudkip: Bide.

Bulbasaur: Fushigidane
    Ivysaur: Fushigisou
    Venusaur: Fushigibana
    Charmander: Hitokage
    Charmeleon: Rizard
    Charizard: Rizardon
    Squirtle: Zenigame
    Wartortle: Kamer
    Blastoise: Kamex
    Chikorita: Chikorita
    Bayleef: Bayleef
    Meganium: Meganium
    Cyndaquil: Hinoarashi
    Quilava: Magumarashi
    Typhlosion: Bakufun
    Totodile: Waninoko
    Croconaw: Alligates
    Feraligatr: Ordairu
    Treecko: Kimori
    Grovyle: Jupitol
    Sceptile: Jukain
    Torchic: Achamo
    Combusken: Wakashamo
    Blaziken: Bashamo
    Mudkip: Mizugorou
    Marshtomp: Numakorou
    Swampert: Rugaji

Chikorita

I'd love to catch Mew, but I'd do the same for any legendary that I caught, train it and study it.

No, but I'd really be fine with training any of the starters.

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur: Plant, Dinosaur.
    Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard: Lizard, Dragon.
    Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise: Turtle
    Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium: Plant.
    Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion: Mouse.
    Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr: Alligator, Crocodile.
    Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile: Lizard, Plant.
    Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken: Chicken.
    Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert: Toad-Like Creature.

"Well, I guess this is as good as it's gonna get.", Jeff said to himself as he handed in his paper.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Even though he was distracted by the sudden entrance of the clumsy trainer, he had still heard what Professor Suzuki had just said after turning abruptly to face her. Jason felt confident and sat back down on the couch. He crossed his arm waitng intently. He was becoming impatient and he wanted to pick out his starter already. He was hoping that he would get the one he wanted.

He noticed the other trainers handing in their surveys as well and waited for the Porfessor's next instructions as well. He then eyed the box again, and looked at the three symbols. The leaf indicating Grass, the flame repesenting Fire, and the droplet symbolizing Water. He looked around to see if either one of the Profesors were going to say something.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    Professor Suzuki gave Mina's work a quick glance, adding up the girl's score and then jotting them done on her notepad. She smiled and grabbed Jeff's sheet, leaving the dark haired girl with no answer to her test result.

Azra blinked at the "grinning fool". Her face screwed up in an attempt to understand what was going on. The test paper clutched loosely in her grip and she didn't give it a second glance. Her only responce to Mina was to point at the first question and say "Fire".

None of the Professors said anything else. Suzuki added up the test results and Kusaba merely hummed a tune to himself. Occasionally he glanced at his wristwatch and muttered softly "It's almost time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The powerful beast skidded to a stop, eyeing off the girl and her team of hounds. Snorting, he swung his thick tail from side to side and tossed his horned head. Such pittiful creatures couldn't damage his scales. No, the mighty Nido didn't have "king" in his name for being weak. He'll prove to these trespassers just what about one-hundred-and-thirty pounds can do.

With another ferocious roar, the beast charge a second time towards Nishi as the girl got to her feet.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    OOC: I didn't want Ari to be late for this meeting, so let's assume she's already there...
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ari didn't really care which starter she got, though she got a real preference for Chikorita, Bulbasaur, and Charmander. Before Professor Suzuki handed out the papers, Ari just sat in a trance similar to meditation, ready to let her soul rest with fate and meet any decision that came to her. Let the pencil do the work...

"I barely saw you come in," Suzuki said as she handed Ari a survey. "Your name is..."
    "Ari. Ari Monokai," Ari answered with not so much excitement but plenty of determination and confidence. Within seconds, Suzuki went to the others, and Ari looked at her survey...

I will have to say Grass, Ari thought as she circled Grass. But next to Fire she wrote "A close second."

Heh, easy, Ari thought.
    "Grass: Weak against Flying, Poison, Ice, Bug, and Dragon. Strong against Rock, Electric, and Ground."
    "Fire: Weak against Rock, Ground, and Dragon. Strong against Ice, Bug, and Steel."
    "Water: Weak against Electric, and Dragon. Strong against Ground, Ice, Rock, and Steel."

Ari took some time to imagine an injured Skitty in the road. She picked up the Skitty and hugged it gently.
    "Take it to a Pokemon Center, then care for it till it's ready to go back to the wild. If it wants to stay with me, I'll let it do that."

Ari imagined the starters standing next to each other.
    Venusaur is definitely big. It's bigger than Charizard and Blastoise, but is Feraligatr bigger? OK, Blaziken is small, smaller than Meganium, but is Typhlosion smaller?
    Ari took an educated guess.
    "Typhlosion is the smallest, and Venusaur is the largest."

Ari never really paid any attention to what levels Pokemon learned their attacks at--she just knew a few moves each Pokemon could learn. Ari had to guess based on the characteristics of the moves and the Pokemon:
    I suppose they mean the attack they learn at the latest level.
    "Bulbasaur: Solarbeam
    Charmander: Fire Blast
    Squirtle: Hydro Pump
    Chikorita: Aromatherapy
    Cyndaquil: Double-Edge
    Totodile: Hydro Pump
    Treecko: Slash?
    Torchic: Flamethrower
    Mudkip: Earthquake?"

Ohh, this is easy. I'm from Japan, so of course I know.
    "Bulbasaur: Fushigidane
    Ivysaur: Fushigisou
    Venusaur: Fushigibana
    Charmander: Hitokage
    Charmeleon: Rizaado
    Charizard: Rizaadon
    Squirtle: Zenigame
    Wartortle: Kameeru
    Blastoise: Kamekkusu
    Chikorita: Chikoriita
    Bayleef: Beiriifu
    Meganium: Meganiumu
    Cyndaquil: Hinoarashi
    Quilava: Magumarashi
    Typhlosion: Bakufuun
    Totodile: Waninoko
    Croconaw: Arigeitsu
    Feraligatr: Oodairu
    Treecko: Kimori
    Grovyle: Juputoru
    Sceptile: Jukain
    Torchic: Achamo
    Combusken: Wakashamo
    Blaziken: Bashaamo
    Mudkip: Mizugorou
    Marshtomp: Numakuroo
    Swampert: Raguraaji"

She wrote these names in Japanese originally*, but she provided romanizations in parentheses.

Ari closed her eyes and meditated for a moment--very quickly. Then, she guessed.
    "Chikorita."

Now that's odd, what does she care?
    "I would treat it just like any other Pokemon, who cares how rare it is? I like Regice by the way."

Duh.
    "My first choice is Chikorita, but I also like Bulbasaur and Charmander."

One by one, Ari pictured the Pokemon in her mind...

"Bulbasaur: A cross between two dinosaurs: a brontosaurus and a triceratops.
    Ivysaur: Same as Bulbasaur
    Venusaur: Same as Bulbasaur
    Charmander: A lizard of course
    Charmeleon: Same as Charmander
    Charizard: A dragon
    Squirtle: A turtle of course, specifically a Coin Turtle
    Wartortle: Same as Squirtle
    Blastoise: Same as Squirtle; Blastoise is not a tortoise because tortoises live on the ground
    Chikorita: A brontosaurus.
    Bayleef: Same as Chikorita
    Meganium: Same as Chikorita
    Cyndaquil: A guinea pig
    Quilava: Same as Cyndaquil
    Typhlosion: Same as Cyndaquil
    Totodile: A crocodile
    Croconaw: Same as Totodile
    Feraligatr: Still a crocodile. Alligators' teeth can't be seen when they close their mouths, and Feraligatr's can.
    Treecko: A tree frog
    Grovyle: Same as Treecko
    Sceptile: Same as Treecko
    Torchic: A chick
    Combusken: A chicken
    Blaziken: A humanoid chicken
    Mudkip: A mud fish and an otter
    Marshtomp: Same as Mudkip
    Swampert: Same as Mudkip"

Ari was the first one to finish this, so she got up abruptly and gave the survey to Professor Suzuki.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OOC:
    *I would have done that too, but the katakana symbols don't show up on my computer...

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Candle didn't need to know the two Flying types long for him to understand what they were trying to tell him. He nodded hastily, flinging his Gligar over one shoulder as he stayed in a crouching position, slowly backing away from their battlefield.

Once he was managed to get within ample distance between himself and them, he leaned against the trunk of a tree, breathing in and out, one hand on his chest. He dared himself to look over his shoulder, a few feet away, he could still see the Pigeot and the Tropius. If he heard from agitated cries coming his way, he'd be ready to bolt off. For now, he had to check whether Remius was still alive and well.

Candle poked the bat-like pokemon's purple chest with one finger, receiving no reaction whatsoever. Remius just lay in his arms, eyes closed.

The boy's lower lip quivered, as he tried this action no more, obtaining the same fruitless attempt. He gave the Gligar a better inspection of his body, only to realise that, he had gone from being fainted, to falling asleep.

Candle sweatdropped, unclipping the pokemon's pokeball from his belt and withdrawing him without any more thoughts. Instead, producing another red and white sphere in his hand, a moment later, in a flash of red light a bird materialised beside him.

The Pigeotto cocked her head, before raising it up, cawing brightly.

{Hello, Candle, darling! What's up? Anything for me to do? You know you should have something for me to do. Unless, why'd you call me out, unless, you just wanted to call me out for no reason. Heck, I'll except that!}she paused, taking another deep breath, starting to open her mouth once more, only to have it snapped shut by her trainer's hand.

"Muse, you've got to learn to keep that trap of yours shut,"the boy mumbled, letting the bird, obviously named Muse, climb onto his shoulder. Just like the Gligar before her, Candle still had yet to master her speech pattern, barely making out what she was trying to say.

"Rem's sleeping now. Looks like you're going to have to protect me. Got it?"he told the Pigeotto, receiving a fast nod as a reply.

"First thing's first. We get away from this battle-thing as fast as possible."the boy, looked over his shoulder, noticing a small figure in the fray. He squinted his eyes, nudging Muse before pointing to the figure.

{Tis' a young girl, darling~!}the bird sang out, her eyesight being the best of the pokemon Candle owned.

"Reaaaally now...?"Candle raised an eyebrow, finding his feet rooting themselves onto the ground.

Ooc-

Meh, I assumed that it's Rika. Will edit if needed. X3

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Vee started to struggle in Rika's arm. Rika looked down on Vee and asked, "What's wrong?" Vee didn't seem to reply with a clear answer. Rika sighed and said, "We lost whatever that thing was..." Suddenly, a gust of wind blew Rika's hair. "Huh?" she asked softly, wondering where the source of force came from. Another gust came which made Rika look up to see two air-bound Pokemon fighting. Rika held Vee tighter with her right arm while her left was fashioned over her forehead to keep any dust from her eyes.

"This isn't good Vee..." whispered the young girl. The Venonat made a sound to agree with its trainer. The two massive Pokemon continued their heated fight paying no attention to the young girl staring at them. The trees started to shake and the Tropius unleased a wave of sharp little leaves to damage its foe, while Pigeot returned the favor by using Mirror Move. Swarms of little green leaves swung in the air in a rage of war. The throng of little leaves was flown back and forth between the two giants.

Unfortunately, the wave of leaves started to spread and slash anything in its way with its razor sharp edges. Rika, caught in the crossfire, paniced and ducked while Vee squirmed to get out of Rika's grip. Vee's eyes started to illluminate in a multitude of colors and in a flash, the leaves stood in mid-air. Rika grabbed Vee and ran away from the huge beasts in their fray.

Rika hugged Vee. "Thanks... for... not... panicing..." said the girl as she caught her breath from the rush, "I think we are safe... for now..."

Nikki23

//-N.I.K.K.I-\\
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    She was frozen in place as he charged her she thought hard...

Its a grass type, right?

She felt somthing hit her, knocking her down and a few feet out of the way. She looked up to see luna standing there with a determined look on her face...

"Luna, Feint Attack!" she said off the top of her head, the absol charged and Ember ran up. Nishis heart was pounding, this thing was huge...could they even hurt it?
    {Use my confuse ray, this things to big!} she noded and shouted "Do it!" and Ember Joined Luna in the charge. They looked so brave running at the purple pokemon.

Eva ran over to Nishi and looked at her [Are you okay?] Nishi noded and stood up again, looking on helplessly.
    Watching, hoping her attacks would land.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back