• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are all starter Pokemon male?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    Usually when you get your starter pokemon, it's a male. It is possible to get a female, right? I need to know because I'm planning on breeding.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, getting a female starter is really rare.. but it's possible.

I have a friend who just kept restarting until he got a female starter choice. o_O Dunno how long that took him, but if you're determined enough, you could try that. xD;

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Yeah, getting a female starter is really rare.. but it's possible.

I have a friend who just kept restarting until he got a female starter choice. o_O Dunno how long that took him, but if you're determined enough, you could try that. xD;
    This is exactly what I did in FireRed, so I could get a breedable female Charmander. Though it was all in vain once I captured my Ditto. XD

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I really don't understand why it's so rare to get a female starter. I mean, once you catch a Ditto you can breed it with a male Pokemon anyways. So whats the point?

Haha but I did have a Swampert starter in Sapphire.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    Yeah, sadly, I always want most of my Pokemon to be male, since most of the exclusive Pokemon are females. I always will turn off my game and go back to the starting point went I get the wrong nature. For some reason, every time it is a female (the gender that didn't wanted), it is commonly the right nature or close to the right nature. But later, I did got a male starter with the right nature.

I'm sorry, if anyone think that this post was sexiest against any girls. On my Sapphire and Leaf Green, most of my Pokemon were females. Like I said, the reason why I want most of my Pokemon to be male is because there are more exclusive female Pokemon.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Usually when you get your starter pokemon, it's a male. It is possible to get a female, right? I need to know because I'm planning on breeding.
    You can get both male and female. I think it's a fifty to fifty ratio if you really want to know.

Years
    No, female starters are just more rare, because you can get an egg from them.
    I have a female Charizard...so yeah..it's possible...xP

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'm not sure but...I think you have a higher chance of getting a female starter if your player is a female (correct me if I'm wrong) Because I played as a girl...and I got a female starter on my first try. It might be just luck, but...
    0___o
    I'm about 99% certain that was just luck, but hey, congratulations on that!

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    The reason why you want female starters is because of the amazing egg moves their offspring can have. That's how I have my Feraligatr knowing Ice Punch and Dragon Dance. Ditto is useless when it comes to egg moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    No. They can be females too :3
    There's a 12.5% chance it can be female and 87.5% chance it can be male.
    I guess females are rarer because they're more important.
    I mean, when you breed a female with a male, whatever kind of pokemon the female is, that will be the kind of pokemon the baby will be ;3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I think that 12.50% chance of getting a female is really sexist >.>" but then again theres a good reason for it because only moves from the males (TM or HM's) can be passed down to the baby which is a good thing

:t354:TG

Back