• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are Contests Popular?

Do you participate in Pokemon contests?

• Yes I do

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Sometimes I do

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • No, I don't

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I've always thought that contests weren't popular among Pokemon gamers.
    Although, I could be wrong.

So, In Pokemon Diamond and/or Pokemon Pearl, do you participate in Pokemon contests?

I tried it a few times; however, to me, it's not enjoyable.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Sometimes I bring my Pokemon to the contest hall if they have a full set of cool moves or tought moves and so one, but if they don't I don't let them compete in any contest at all.

Years
    The dress-up themes are vague and the dress-up itself was rushed especially in the Master Ranks, the dancing is too simplistic and lasts too short, and the appeals are more about hoping you choose the right judge and determining your place in line for the next appeal for maximum pointage than doing move combinations (RSE had Double Team --> Quick attack and such for a double amount of hearts; DPPt only has "double if first/last" or some other moves to that affect). That's my view on it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I participate in contests if I have nothing to do in-game but battling is way more fun ;3

Years
    I personally enjoy the contests ... I have a "Contest Team" where I have spent hours upon hours farming berries, making poffins, raising stats and obtaining all my ribbons. I enjoy multi-player contests with friends though, a lot more fun than by your self.

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    I participate in contests if I have nothing to do in-game but battling is way more fun ;3

Pretty much what he said, contests were always a last-thing for me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I have an entire set of five Contest Pokemon set up, but I've only done one so far. I've been too lazy/busy with trading lately, and I'll only do Contests to count toward game completion. Sometime, I'll do the other four, but afterward I'll probably never do another one...

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    I do at times. Usually when I'm bored of training or when I have nothing else to do in the game. Contests in D/P are quite fun actually.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    No, I don't.

Contests are probably the most redundant aspect of the game. I think it may have been to appease the female audience, but even that failed probably. 3rd gen contests were better than 4th gen ones, but that's saying a lot since they were pretty bad. There just seems to be no point at all to them, there are no rewards as far as I know of, and it just makes you waste time making Poffins/Pokeblocks for some random thing which gives you a ribbon. A ribbon, of all things. Heck, you get given free ribbons everywhere. Just go beat the Pokémon League if you want a ribbon.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The Contests in D/P/P are... not bad, but I preferred those in R/S/E; in D/P/P, though the changes and additions were a nice touch, they were very tedious. Though I didn't mind Dancing too much, I thought that dressing up your Pokemon in D/P/P eas a little silly; particularly with the vague instructions you're given for dressing them up.

But despite the things I don't really like about the 'new' Contests, I still rather enjoy participating in them. I usually do it a lot, but of late, I've been training Pokemon, rather than doing Contests and other things.

Years
    i did it once the first time i went to Hearthrome...

havnt (but probably will today now that u all reminded me) done it since...

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    honestly, iv never even given one of my pokemon a poffin
    the contests 4m RSE wer pretty fun, but the DPP contests r just 2 frustrating 4 me

Back