• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are FireRed/LeafGreen remakes as likely/plausible as RSE remakes?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    First of all, we know that whichever remake they do will be a pair or a trio per series tradition.
    Second, a 27-29 month break between BW2 (June 2012) and Gen VI (fall 2014) would be unprecedented.
    Third, GF wants to make money.

Fall 2013 will likely have either Gen VI pushed one year earlier than expected or remakes of some sort. If they are remakes, they will be Gen V games and thus DS games.

If the remakes are of Hoenn, I see the legendary birds unlocked by hidden ability Lugia and the legendary beasts unlocked by hidden ability Ho-Oh, similar to Regigigas unlocking the other three Regis in Platinum.

If the remakes are of Kanto, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza would likely be handled similar to how they were handled in HGSS, but with the BW2 key system.

If we get remakes of both, the legendary beasts would likely be catchable in the Kanto pair, like in FRLG but without the Gen III roaming-related glitches.

Lastly, my prediction is that Navel Rock and Birth Island will be ditched along with the rest of Sevii.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    First of all, we know that whichever remake they do will be a pair or a trio per series tradition.
    Second, a 27-29 month break between BW2 (June 2012) and Gen VI (fall 2014) would be unprecedented.
    Third, GF wants to make money.

Fall 2013 will likely have either Gen VI pushed one year earlier than expected or remakes of some sort. If they are remakes, they will be Gen V games and thus DS games.

If the remakes are of Hoenn, I see the legendary birds unlocked by hidden ability Lugia and the legendary beasts unlocked by hidden ability Ho-Oh, similar to Regigigas unlocking the other three Regis in Platinum.

If the remakes are of Kanto, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza would likely be handled similar to how they were handled in HGSS, but with the BW2 key system.

If we get remakes of both, the legendary beasts would likely be catchable in the Kanto pair, like in FRLG but without the Gen III roaming-related glitches.

Lastly, my prediction is that Navel Rock and Birth Island will be ditched along with the rest of Sevii.

DS games in fall 2013? With translations in 2014? Yeeeaaaaah.

Wouldn't it be time for one of the main franchises nintendo has, to like... promote a, by then, 3 year old current handheld?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I sure hope they don't make another game with Kanto in it at all. I am sick and tired of it. It's been remade in many Pokémon games it's unbelievable.

R/S/E remakes are what I am crossing my fingers for. No more Kanto!

This.

God please no. No more Kanto remakes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I won't cross my fingers for an FRLG remake anymore... surely Nintendo would not end up remaking a remake, wouldn't they?

I'd get my hopes up for a game, so long as they're RS remakes.

Back