• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are hackers just lazy or...

hhDude

Freeky Deeky
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2017
    I'm gonna be honest, I don't battle too often.

This being said when I'm in battle spot singles and your entire team of shiny legendaries gets shut down by a troll Gliscor I really have to wonder. The moves make no sense or there are just better alternatives, I feel like they aren't even EV trained. Again I don't battle often, maybe like 5-10 times a week but I know I'm out speeding a good majority of stuff that I shouldn't be when I get matched up with one of these clowns. Like if you're gonna hack at least don't half-ass it. Am I the only one encountering these people or...?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    If they aren't even EV trained, doesnt it usually turn into a free win for you? If thats not fun (I definitely understand you on that part) don't you usually start battling the better teams the higher you get? Idk how BSS works; I'm just assuming its similar to the Showdown Ladder.

As far as I'm concerned, I hack when I cant be bothered to breed for a week to get one solid pokemon. But everything is legit: no more than 508 EVs, no more than 252 in a single stat, no moves a pokemon wouldn't get otherwise, no move or ability combination that can't legally be obtained. I believe that makes me "lazy," but not in the sense that you mentioned in this post lol. Sorry to hear you're facing scrub Gliscors on BSS...

RawrMonkey

bloop
    Years
    FYI, max now is 510 EVs.

Wasn't it always 510 since gen 3? lol

Anyways..

It may be that they received these Pokemon through trades and such and they're just the type of people who don't really bother with checking stats or legality. Or you know.. amateur cheater. The good thing about these kind of people though are that they usually dwell around the 1500s on rated BS, or unrated.. >_>

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Some people on Battle Spot just really have no idea what they're doing, at least on the unranked ladder. Particularly with legendaries, since for some reason many a Pokemon player still think that legendary=OP, even in competitive, so they can just win doing whatever.

Some people aren't aware that it's a competitive environment and just dive in thinking that it's just a place to fight people for funsies.

FYI, max now is 510 EVs.
    Other way around, max used to be 510, but was changed to 508 in Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    The max is still 510. What they changed was the max EVs for a single stat. It used to be 255 now it's 252. Makes it way easier.

Years
    Not sure if this has crossed anyone's minds here, but I hope people realise the main demographic for Pokemon are children - ORAS itself is suitable for ages 8+ so of course there will be younger players with badly hacked Pokemon and illogical movesets, in fact I'm willing to bet that the majority of these players are of a younger/less experienced demographic.

In addition, many people did not have access to battling/trading during gen 3, so people that had quit the series and are back into it with gen 6 often assume having pure legendaries will win them matches.

Not everyone is a competitive battler and I would assume the 'free' battle spot matches are perfect for players who like to mess around.

That being said, Battle Spot ranked singles tends to completely be empty of these kind of players over the 1600+ rank.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    I knew the max was 510 EVs, but 508 are the only ones that affect your stats. i can go into any 2 wild battles, get those 2 EVs, and they wont alter anything (after I get the first 508 of course). I usually do this because getting the full 510 is fun for ribbons :D but regardless, my point still stands: i dont "hack" my mons with more EVs than they're allowed.

That being said, Battle Spot ranked singles tends to completely be empty of these kind of players over the 1600+ rank.

Also true that this game is intended for children who joke around, but as you mentioned they typically lurk in the lower rank. Climbing the ladder will eventually net you the players who are more competitive and more along the battles OP is probably looking for.

Back