• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are IVs really necessary?

Are IVs necessary?

• Yes

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    IV's are just annoying things. I understand how they tried to implement pokémon genetic into the game, but I always felt they did it in a way just to frustrate and annoy. I don't bother with chain breeding to get the best IV's.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2018
    I absolutely agree that they are necessarily. They distinguish a balance between pokemon.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I understand how they tried to implement pokémon genetic into the game, but I always felt they did it in a way just to frustrate and annoy.

Genetics is a frustrating and annoying thing in the first place. Compared to some real life scenarios, the pokemon IV system is actually simple. And just like in the game, even if you have the perfect set of circumstances, you're still not guaranteed to get exactly what you want the first time. In a sense, the IV system, as much as we can use it for competitive breeding, is actually fairly close to realism.

Back