• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are my Pokemon at a good level for this stage of Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Hello.

I'm about to enter Victory Road and my pokemon are:

Lv 42 Gyarados
    Lv 42 Infernape
    Lv 43 Gardevoir
    Lv 44 Jolteon
    Lv 43 Togekiss
    Lv 48 Garchomp

Am I doing ok?

Also, how would you recommend I go about tackling Victory Road bearing in mind I don't like teaching HMs to my main Pokemon.

I will have two pokemon just for HM purposes and four main Pokeon. Should I keep rotating my main pokemon or just stick with four all the way through Victory Road?

What would you recommend or how did you do it?

Thanks a lot.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • I'm not sure, if this are all HMs, what you need, to come through the Victory Road, but i mean: Surfer, Waterfall, Strength and Rock Climb. So, just catch a Bibarel, and learn him this 4, when you don't want to teach your Team-Pokémon HMs.

But your Team-Pokemon's levels are not good enough, i think. Even after the Victory Road your Pokémon will be around 52-54. Naturally, with plenty of Hyper Potions and Revives, you should easily defeat them. I needed Lv. 58 - 62 Pokémon to defeat the Elite 4 + Champ WITHOUT items.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I haven't even gotten the 6th gym badge yet and my Pokémon are about the same level as yours, so no i don't think your levels are good enough for Victory Road or E4.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • No, no, I don't think so, not for the Elite Four, but maybe for Victory Road. I couldn't beat Cynthia with 50-55LV Pokemon. Cynthia will really destory you if you don't have at least 60LV Pokemon.

By the way, I like your line-up, nice and solid. Good for any type enemy, I believe.

Also, nice keeping every one of your Pokemon around the same Level. One of the hardest things to do throughout the game is to not let your Starter become a power house, and all your other Pokemon many, many levels behind. Kudos to you!

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I think the wild Pokémon in Victory Road exceed 40...Maybe even 50. ._.

When I get to Victory Road I plan on having...

Magmortar Lv. 65
    Empoleon Lv. 65
    Roserade Lv. 65
    Electivire Lv. 65
    Gallade Lv. 65
    Bibarel (for HMs only) Lv. 25

I would aim for something like that. You'll definitely need around Lv. 65 to defeat Pokémon League.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back