• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are Reshiram and Zekrom too easy to catch?

What should Reshiram and Zekrom's catch rate be?

Votes: 18 34.6%

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Nope. At that point of the game, you're supposed to catch that PKMN in order to pass the storyline. If they changed their catch rates to 3, it'll take ages to catch Zekrom and Reshiram. Just like some of the people, they did it in order to save the gamers' time.

Years
    No matter what you do, how hard it is etc, you are still going to catch it. You have to otherwise you cant progress. It doesnt really matter how easy or hard it is, the only difference it makes is how much you have to spend on pokeballs and how much time you have to spend to catch it.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    No matter what you do, how hard it is etc, you are still going to catch it. You have to otherwise you cant progress. It doesnt really matter how easy or hard it is, the only difference it makes is how much you have to spend on pokeballs and how much time you have to spend to catch it.

I used a Master Ball on it because I didn't that its catch rate is 45.
    But that doesn't matter, as I still have an unlimited amount of Master Balls.

Jokes aside, I agree with your point.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I would stick with 45 because you need it to continue the game. If you didn't need it, I would stick with 3. Also, for those who wanted the catch rate to be the same as Volcarona, I would agree with that as well. Now that I think of it, Volcarona was hard to catch, but not hard enough to just give up. I think that would be a more proper catch rate to Zekrom/Reshiram.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Also, for those who wanted the catch rate to be the same as Volcarona, I would agree with that as well. Now that I think of it, Volcarona was hard to catch, but not hard enough to just give up.

I have a question. Why would you catch a Volcarona when you can simply obtain a Larvesta Egg?
    All you have to do is evolve it, that's all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I have a question. Why would you catch a Volcarona when you can simply obtain a Larvesta Egg?
    All you have to do is evolve it, that's all.

Because people didn't want to level it up to Level 59, when they could simply catch a Level 70 one.

I agree with the fact that they should have the catch rate of Volcarona.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

Because people didn't want to level it up to Level 59, when they could simply catch a Level 70 one.

I agree with the fact that they should have the catch rate of Volcarona.

I never said that I would train it. I Rare Candied it instead.

Anyways, it would be awesome if the catch rate for Zekrom and Reshiram is 15. Although it doesn't affect me in anyway possible, as I only use Master Balls.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well, I caught Reshiram with an Ultra Ball (first try, red health). And I was pretty overwhelmed, since I had kind of expected more of a challenge. But overall, I think the catch rate was okay, considering the circumstances. But you would have to catch it anyway to progress with the storyline, so giving it a catch rate the same as Volcarona's wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I think the reason they were so easy to catch was story-based. They spoke about the legendary Pokemon choosing you as its champion, so it would have been easy for your character specifically to capture. Because it chose you. That's my thought anyway.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You know when it is easy to capture when you can get away with barely any Poké Balls to throw with. And I think it's justified this time around, like the last time - it's plot-critical. Getting people stuck is no fun. It could ruin the game! 45 is 45 in the end, and I think it's best for everyone's enjoyment.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    I didn't like the fact once you had caught One of them you couldn't get the other, that's why i used to like Emerald so much as it was so much funnier being able to get all the legendaries.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    What's the point of giving them catch rates of 3 if you need to catch them to advance the plot?

I consider it an anti annoyance feature. I mean seriously, think about it! Would you really want to spent three hours catching your legendary and having to battle both N and Ghetsis immediately without saving?
    Also, this.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    Was? That a Reshiram?

Belive me! I've caught Reshiram L.50 at N'S Castle with only 1 Ultra Ball, and it never failed!!
    Are the creators crazy?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I caught Reshiral with a quick ball after taking him to red. It took me two turns and 1 Pokeball. Same applies to all BW Legends. Just too easy. :<

Back