• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Spanish hacks better then English hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • The reason everyone likes Spanish hackers is the graphics. Graphix this, graphix that. Most of the Spanish hackers care way too much about graphics.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You are right when it comes to hackers in general. However, I do think that non-Spanish hackers usually make great hacks, especially when comparing them to some of the garbage you see here that says 'I need help because I can't hack!!1!11!11oneshift'. Spanish hacks overall are good, but barely any of them are great from what I've seen.
    I do like how none of you even answered the last question. I personally found Spanish hacks to be more enjoyable overall, but maybe that is just me.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • No, they aren't.
    It just matters how the Hacker spends the time and effort on the Hack.
    Language doesn't matter, they'll eventully turn into
    a language you understand anyways. And that's what I do to Hacks.

The only reason that some people seem to think that Spanish Hacks
    are better than English Hacks is because of the Graphics,
    OWs, etc.

You can do the same thing to English Hacks, in my opinion.
    Both of them rock, in my opinion.
    But language isn't one thing you have to matter.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Man I'm glad I speak Spanish as a second language. WaH was the first place I visited too, and I was surprised to see that it was in spanish.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    When i read the topic i just knew that throughout the whole thread people would just be repeating eachother. The answer was kind of obvious from the very beginning imo. Only someone who is prejudice or racist would disagree and say that race matters lmao....

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Looks like it might be a good idea to check the place out, and not limit myself to the tools section this time.

But why would it matter to me? My native language is spanish, and I can equally understand english like if it also was. : P

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
  • OK ppl STOP reposting this same question!
    EVERYONE IS EQUAL! No mater what age, color or race, everyone can hack just as good as the other if they try. Plus my hacks are super good and im British so I dont know where I land in this topic lol. But suriously is u have a question like this topic, read the others already posted and stop spaming the same question. Haha 3Inferations for you lol

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • OK ppl STOP reposting this same question!
    EVERYONE IS EQUAL! No mater what age, color or race, everyone can hack just as good as the other if they try. Plus my hacks are super good and im British so I dont know where I land in this topic lol. But suriously is u have a question like this topic, read the others already posted and stop spaming the same question. Haha 3Inferations for you lol

what is this i don't even.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    what is this i don't even.

Well, it works like this. Even though everyone is equal, some are more equal than others. I think BrokenRoses is leading us to a quote from Animal Farm, a very good movie if I say so myself =P

OK ppl STOP reposting this same question!
    EVERYONE IS EQUAL! No mater what age, color or race, everyone can hack just as good as the other if they try. Plus my hacks are super good and im British so I dont know where I land in this topic lol. But suriously is u have a question like this topic
    Ego much?
    read the others already posted and stop spaming the same question. Haha 3Inferations for you lol
    You are basically doing the same thing by regurgitating what everyone else said. Everyone is equal, regardless of features, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

How can you be more equal than equal? o.o
    I really don't understand; I'm sorry.

That was the whole point of what I said.
    Anyone who is more than something is clearly unequal, and that was the point of Animal Farm. To show the flaws in communism and the like.
    Alright BrokenRoses, I have a question. Are you saying that one of the Kalahari Bushmen have the exact same chance of being a successful hacker as a Ivy League Professor?

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
  • That was the whole point of what I said.
    Anyone who is more than something is clearly unequal, and that was the point of Animal Farm. To show the flaws in communism and the like.
    Alright BrokenRoses, I have a question. Are you saying that one of the Kalahari Bushmen have the exact same chance of being a successful hacker as a Ivy League Professor?
    If they care then yes they do. I was a noob and now i know everything so it doesnt mean that anyone else cant learn as well. Understand what Im saying.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I noticed that Spanish hackers are making hacks with pretty good appearance, while English hackers are making good hacks - scripting wise.
    Maybe Spanish/ Italian hackers are the best artists, but we can't say they are BETTER than English hackers.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    If they care then yes they do. I was a noob and now i know everything so it doesnt mean that anyone else cant learn as well. Understand what Im saying.

Umm, you still are a noob if you talk like that... you don't even know CLOSE to everything...

Anyways... Spanish hacks are mainly graphical. They mainly use whack a hck which basically is all thr gfx skills you need. While generally english peoplr use pc to hack and gain different skills from the info here.

Last edited:

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
  • Well, I am Spanish and I can say you that I HATE Spanish hackers (well, not ALL the Spanish hackers). Why? Well, they create a lot of fantastic hacks... (irony) and if you can't create a hacker as good as their, you cannot do any hack.
    PS: That occurs me... I published a hack in Spanish in a Spanish webside (it was a parody of Pokemon Yellow, that had all text changed to be humoristic. ONLY I edited the texts...) and they said that it was the WORST hack ever. Ok, it wasn't marvelous, but... The WORST?? And what were their reasons?
    Because I didn't edit any map. Oh, and also said me that the hacks of 1st and 2nd generation are worst than the hacks of 3rd generation. That's the reason that I hack 1st and 2nd generation games (yes).
    Well, the panorama is very different. I think, the English hackers give more importance to the history (Pokemon BROWN), and the Spanish hackers give more importance to the "graffics" (Pokemon SHINY GOLD).

none of us said you that, just one or two that sayed that you should change other thing, the page is going in a lot of trouble because the forum translated, some hackers are very angry at this and they get mad at everything.
    2 of the really say that the hack was bad, but as I said before, they're mad because of the forum translation

The reason everyone likes Spanish hackers is the graphics. Graphix this, graphix that. Most of the Spanish hackers care way too much about graphics.

Unfortunaly, that´s true, well some hackers prefer graphics, but the 90% looks for scripts,mapping and graphics in that order.
    Rarely, the other 10% are the ones that are mad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, about the tread...

No, A hack depends on the hacker ability and creative ability, not he's nationalite.
    and btw, shiny gold isn't spanish -.-

And another thing, the english hacking gets more people, the spanish get new people, but they almost always quit after a month or two, and the most that stays, they just learn to insert tiles and mappping because they say that is the easiest part

And for million time, please excuse my english

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Guys, this is sterotyping people because their nationality has no impact on the way they hack. You say Spanish hackers focus on graphics. Well, so do English hackers and Italian hackers and French hackers, so we're practically all the same. Also, Spanish hacks may have more distinct and pleasing grpahics because they get them from WAH, which is a spanish forum.

Years
  • The reason everyone likes Spanish hackers is the graphics. Graphix this, graphix that. Most of the Spanish hackers care way too much about graphics.

I agree with this, but not fully. As I have only been to Wack-a-Hack, I cannot fully pass judgment on the situation.

It seems that this is what they care about most, at WaH. I would disagree on many counts of graphics usage, being a graphics artist myself, but that is up to the eyes of the viewer, I suppose. Tangent aside, the Spanish demos I have played always felt a little... empty. Sure, there was plenty of scenery, but there seemed to be no life in the hacks. While I do not speak Spanish, I can roughly figure out what the text is (and use Babelfish, haha), and it usually only seems like filler. In addition, because the people at WaH seem to care about aesthetics more than anything else, most of the maps were very broken. Some were nearly unplayable.

Besides, English hacks were getting to that point until some people stepped in and decided to say that there needs to be a balance of aesthetics and gameplay, and writing is still empty on our end of the rope, too.

But really, it's not a case of nationality or the hacker. It's really a case of the community. Hackers generally follow what are considered to be norms in each community, and some execute them better than others.

But then again, everyone has different opinions, so it's really up to the player to decide what is better.

--End Rant

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    A person that speaks a different language has no better aptitude at ROM Hacking than someone who speaks yet another language.

It is all about learning how to hack, making a QUALITY hack, and releasing it upon the world so it can eat people.

It doesn't matter what language it is in, it's the MAD SKILLZ required to make it that causes the hack to be liked.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Spanish hacks do always seem to have better graphics...
    But in my opinion, language doesn't matter, time and effort do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back