• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Spanish hacks better then English hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You know what? We're about the same. But at the moment I can say that Dante is Italian, and Wesley is Brazilian. I think these two hackers have made a lot of progress. So watch out! Because their might be a few more of these great Italian & Brazilian hackers that we haven't even heard about. And yet they might become the two best hacking countries.

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    There are more english ROM users and english translations are used more, so english translations are inherently more important regardless of quality.

Don't say it doesn't matter to you. It does. If there is a Spanish/Italian/French Hack with extremely good graphics, the first thing you would think is "This hack had awesome graphics. It should be translated in English for me."

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • No, English hacks are the best, GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

lol irony :P

Anyway, I have to say that well, although I'm not a major player of hacks, the best ones I've played have been made by Spanish-speaking hackers. I'm not saying that nationality affects your skill or that people who speak spanish are better than anyone else. I'm just saying that the best hack I've played have been made by Spanish speakers. Make of that what you will.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • You know what? We're about the same. But at the moment I can say that Dante is Italian, and Wesley is Brazilian. I think these two hackers have made a lot of progress. So watch out! Because their might be a few more of these great Italian & Brazilian hackers that we haven't even heard about. And yet they might become the two best hacking countries.

If you'll notice, most real hackers (the ones who steal credit card numbers, etc) are not from English-speaking countries. I'm not saying WesleyFG or Dante are credit card stealers, I'm just saying that your point is rather flawed.

If only two people are the best ROM Hackers of their country, does that mean they represent their country as a whole? Of course not. ROM Hacking is a leisure, not a sport, although, that's almost what it's turning out to be, with elitist levels on the rise and more complete n00bs. It's a whoever-can-make-the-best-is-win-and-everyone-else-is-fail world almost.

It's sickening, really.

Years

• If you'll notice, most real hackers (the ones who steal credit card numbers, etc) are not from English-speaking countries. I'm not saying WesleyFG or Dante are credit card stealers, I'm just saying that your point is rather flawed.

If only two people are the best ROM Hackers of their country, does that mean they represent their country as a whole? Of course not. ROM Hacking is a leisure, not a sport, although, that's almost what it's turning out to be, with elitist levels on the rise and more complete n00bs. It's a whoever-can-make-the-best-is-win-and-everyone-else-is-fail world almost.

It's sickening, really.
    I guess that makes sence.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2010
    Well i think so but if you do not know spanish then it is difficult using them thats why i like english better.But it is just me.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • I agree with sora on that one as the language "english" comes from "england" because im and english hacker from england :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There are great hacks in both languages. There are down-right awful hacks in both languages. Neither is inherently, or even on average, better than the other.

It all comes down to the fact that there are both good hackers and bad hackers. This does not change even when culture and language changes.

Also, to the people complaining about not being able to read Spanish: this doesn't make the hack bad. Some games are fun without having any clue what they're talking about, but if it bothers you, then take the obvious route. Learn Spanish! (That's what Dora the Explorer is for.)

Last edited:

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • You know america isnt the only english speeking country and there are other english speeking countrys who hack

And do you realize that America isn't even a country, but a continent?

And not exactly, Spanish hacks aren't better. They just tend to spam your eyes with any fancy tilesets or sprites they find. They don't care to make them all look alright in a map, they just put a little bit of everything around you.
    While some English hacks aren't really revolutionary in terms of graphics, most of them looks just alright. All maps make sense and looks nice. That's pretty much of a flaw in Spanish hacks.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I agree with you, Kike. Spanish hacks aren't necessarily better than English hacks, though a lot of them are. It just depends on the overall gameplay of the hack. I've noticed that a lot of Spanish hacks use incorrect spelling, punctuation and capitalization, but then again so do some English hacks.

Graphic-wise, most Spanish hacks have solid tilesets and nice colours, but some of them lack in actual professionalism. English hacks have decent tilesets with little or no changes (some even making changes for the worse), but they have professional scripts.

But if I were to look through a list of either Spanish or English hacks, I'd choose Spanish. They almost never have the same graphics as on another, and just the fact that it's in another language makes the game look more flashy. For example, it's fun to see or play a Japanese game because it's got some cool fonts that you can't understand!

And yes, I do think that races have something to do with it. It's the way you think, and most people that come from the same place think the same way, because they speak the same language and were brought up the same way. It's like a trend. If you've seen American hackers versus Spanish, German, Italian, Filipino or other hackers, you'll see.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • This whole topic is about racism. Someone who answers either is being racistic, wheather they like it or not.

In truth, most hacks are bad, and a lot of them are english. But there's NO way that you can say spanish, because that's forgetting the great things hackers such as Coolboyman (like it or not, Brown was possibly the first "Good" hack, that was back in the early 2000s.) or Zel (who really started the ball with hacking, along with the spanish Baro)

It all depends on the hacker. A good hacker goes over their work and makes sure it is good. Examples? Coolboyman, Zel, Baro (If it weren't for the sprites, Quartz would be brilliant), Destindjagold, Miksy91... there are also some newer ones who might become good, but haven't yet. And then there are the "Oooh, squirtle's in route 101, let's call it 'Awesomeruby'!" Now, it isn't as bad as Mario world hacks, but still...

But that doesn't mean that all bad hacks are from bad hackers. Miksy91, for example, started out with the buggy and odd Crystal World. CBM had Fukumon. You have to learn from your mistakes, learn how to make good mapping, spriting, story, ect.

So in the end? The hacker is the determining factor.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • This is somewhat a worthless topic. I don't see why it matters. Were all the same just different race, and it depends on how much they practice wouldn't you think, it just doesn't come.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • whack a hack, i think their better than most here, but we have like a grup of talented hackers

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back