• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Are the 3DS versions exactly the same as the original?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    That and the fact there is no way yet to use the original save files from the real R(B)/B(B)/ Y games at all. That is all I need to hear, so I could whomp you with my crew. Seriously I hate the fact they want you to replay through this bs again.

Better question. Does the Mew glitch works in these new ( original ) games and can you also get the mew through the old fashion way of trading and docking at the S.S. Annie. Can you get Missingno, and does the random name generate trick work for getting Lv.255 pokemon off the coast of Cinnabar.

Yup those were good times. Good times..

Play the game and poof a Lv. 145 pokemon in your friends troop. Still could take it out and all.

Think that was funny, G/S was better

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Better question. Does the Mew glitch works in these new ( original ) games and can you also get the mew through the old fashion way of trading and docking at the S.S. Annie. Can you get Missingno, and does the random name generate trick work for getting Lv.255 pokemon off the coast of Cinnabar.

I believe they've left all the original glitches and quirks in the games, yes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Can you transfer your original save carts to the game system, like via flash card to computer and flash card again?

What happens when Missingno is sent online storage?

What happens when mew is sent to online storage?

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    With the appropriate hardware and a 3DS modified to run homebrew applications, yes you can extract the save from a Game Boy cartridge and inject it into the Virtual Console version of the game.

Pokemon Bank is not yet updated to support the Virtual Console games (that probably won't be until closer to the release of Sun & Moon) but it's incredibly likely the app would either refuse to load your save or just not recognize MissingNo as a Pokemon that can be stored. Mew is anyone's guess, since the Mew glitch triggers a 'legit' wild battle with a Mew it might just as well let you store it as if it was obtained from a real event.

Back