• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are there any completely useless pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I am looking to battle online and I'm building a team. Right now I'm raising a hippowdon and a cherrim, and I got to thinking - are there any pokemon that just plain suck and stand no chance in a real player vs player match? I'd like to avoid wasting hours raising one of those if possible.

Years
  • um biabrel i find not very great

its like a swampert because they are water/ground i belive but swamperts better

also what kind of pokemon are you even looking for, it will help narrow things down

Rat

Years
  • um biabrel i find not very great

its like a swampert because they are water/ground i belive but swamperts better

also what kind of pokemon are you even looking for, it will help narrow things down

Except it's water/normal, not ground.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    yea, of course; legendaries.. it's no fun playing with them since in a 'real' pokemon world only one trainer would be able to fight with them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    There are some Pokemon that are just not as good as other pokemon for the same role. If you were going for a team of underused Pokemon, then I guess there could be exceptions made. But I think that some Pokemon just don't fill a niche as well as others.

Years
  • poor bidoof i love bidoof he is not useless he is usefull for his cute'ns
    and zigzagoon rules the pickup world he is great and i used to have a linoone named ricky in my team he was my powerhouse

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
  • Prolly depends on what sort of team your aiming for- a mix, type-specific, a team with no over-powered legendaries, ect. Magikarp and Feebas, obviously, but thier evolutions (Milotic more than Gyrados) I find to be a pain. As for Bibarel, it's fine for certain things in the game (contests), but It'd probobly be iffy online.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I was looking at the bug pokemon like parasect and vespiqueen, the water/ground type wishcash, and a couple other ones. I know bibarel is horrible. Are there certain types that simply cannot win in a real match?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • ...Unown. 8D
    And Stantler.
    Every pokemon serves a purpose in the world so none of them are 100% useless. Unown give us letter seals and Stantler moos... and stuff.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    ...Unown. 8D
    And Stantler.
    Every pokemon serves a purpose in the world so none of them are 100% useless. Unown give us letter seals and Stantler moos... and stuff.

stantler? play against samson's 'road kill'-team and say that again ;)!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • haha XD. stantler is like the mew of normal-types... it learns SO many moves.

speaking of mew, legendaries are pretty useless. i went through looking at legendaries so i can make an uber team if anyone actually requests an "uber battle" from me,... and the only legendary i actually liked was Mew.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I'd have to say Quilfish.

That poor Pokemon needs an evolution...I loved him so much... ;_;

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Bidoof...i mean seriously...if pokemon were real would you like a beaver being the first pokemon you encountered? He'd make a good HM slave but nothing more. I even saw a shiny one. Didnt catch it...I HATE BIDOOF!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    So I guess that most of the pre-evolutions are useless. That's cool, because I was reading through the type faq on gamefaqs and the guy was calling alot of the pokemon horrible.

I wouldn't even use bidoof as an hm slave. I use aipom, and he even has pickup!

Back