• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are there any lessons to learn from Pokemon Black/White?

Years
  • Pokemon has been known to teach values like hard work and friendship, but it seems like Pokemon Black and Pokemon White take that to a different level. Throughout the game, there are many memorable quotes and images that one would have trouble forgetting, such as the scene when Bianca's father caught up to her in Nimbasa, or when N atoned for all the mayhem caused by Team Plasma at the very end of the storyline. In a sense, Black and White truly went beyond the dimensions of your bog standard Pokemon game to send a message to its players. So, what did you learn, if anything, from Black/White?

Years
  • Moral of the story, people who wear funny costumes and have stupid hair are still the bad guys.

I like that answer. Pretty witty. XD

to the topic, I learned pretty much that the shorter your name is, the cooler you get. :) Just kidding. I learned that being the strongest is not necessarily a good thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • *Trainers can wear revealing, inappropriate outfits, too.
    *There will always be organizations as radical as PETA out there.
    *If you're lucky, you mght get a mom who doesn't go ballistic if you destroy your room.
    *Change can be a really bad thing. Or at the least, tedious.
    *North of Manhattan, about where Westchester County, New York is, lies a big desert.
    *Former Cipher Admins can reform themselves, apparently.
    *If it ain't broke... DON'T FIX IT!

But of course the most important lesson from B/W:
    *B/W will net you between $10-$15 when you sell it back to GameStop.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think the most lesson-y part in the entire game was when Alder asked the character to battle two little kids. In most of the other games, while the Champion does of course preach "be friends with your Pokemon show them you love them" etc etc, they also as far as power goes come off as "stronger is better" all the time. But Alder wasn't like that at all, he questioned how far power could take a person and said that it isn't everything. I think that's a lesson that is only taught in this Pokemon game over every other...even Red in the end abandoned his life to train to be the strongest all alone in a mountain.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Toujours I love your post it's so true, lol. Personally I learnt something that I really should've learnt years ago (while playing though), that sPA = special attacks and not just super effective attacks, seriously, idk how I managed that, but I definitely learnt that with Black and White (aka generation 5 really) and learning how to battle competitively, lol, so it was more the games as a whole taught me a lot more than morals, but rather through playing them I learnt more about overall game mechanics.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I learned that life's not always black and white. And you should always fight the bad guys or you won't get further in life the game.

Years
  • Things I learnt from Black & White:

- Pokemon are your friends, not as tools for battle. (I always act friendly with my Pokemon)
    - Seasons lasting one month as opposed to the usual three.
    - That life is not always black and white...
    - Bianca and Cheren knowing that you'll become a great Trainer makes you be recognized by Reshiram/Zekrom as "the hero of Unova"
    - Gyms can always be strong against your starter.
    - Kicking a Munna will not make it give off Dream Mist.
    - Someone from Team Rocket living far away from his home region.
    - Pokemon can really dress up and dance.
    - Ferris wheels, rollercoasters, stadiums and a railway network really do exist in the Pokemon world.
    - Gym Leaders often have another job.
    - It's adventurous during the winter.
    - Casteliacones being a reference to real-world ice cream.
    - Undella Town's beach hits its peak during summer just like the real world.
    - Bridges in the Pokemon world can be enormous (i.e Marvelous Bridge, Village Bridge, Tubeline Bridge, Skyarrow Bridge)
    - That three young beginning Trainers all pursue something different - ideals, truth and balance.

Years
  • Pokemon Black/White is a very deep game that operates with messages on many different levels. What left the strongest impression in my mind when the credits rolled were Alder's words. Everyone should be allowed to have their own opinion and the right to voice it. Different opinions create a chemical reaction that changes the world. To me, Pokemon Black/White is about putting the world into perspective and wondering if things could be done in a better and more ethical way.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • No matter how hard you try or powerful you are, the good guys will always win.
    Are there any lessons to learn from Pokemon Black/White?

On a serious note, BW teaches you that everyone is different and to respect those opinions, ie what Pokemon trainers see as bonds that evil group saw as abuse.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I learned....that I loved N since the beginning even when he was a bad guy. X) hehe, jk.

I really learned that you should believe in what you think is best and stick with that. Don't go by what others say, and trust yourself and your instincts because only you know what is good for you. You should be the one to choose what is, in your opinion, the right choice and the bad choice.

I really liked the lesson and the plot of this game. There were some very memorable scenes. My favorite was with Bianca and her dad. I actually teared up and was smiling the whole way through. :)

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I like the fact they've matured pokemon up alot, the storylines and characters are becoming alot more mature and for a different audience, also the fact they changed the graphics to make it took more professional is saying there trying to teach people of an older age it is ok to be a kid inside.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Lessons I learned:

-Game Freak actually likes America (New York at least)
    -Pikachu is known overseas (the Pikachu balloon thing near Elesa's gym)
    -Gym leaders can look like American celebrities (Elesa = Lady Gaga, Lenora = Oprah Winphey, Iris = Willow Smith, and Clay = Garth Brooks).
    -Different language exist in the Pokemon world.
    -When a person dies, they become a Pokemon (Yamask)
    -The ONLY use for an Audino is to beat it in the wild to get it's EXP.
    -Victini is the greatest American Pokemon.
    -Even though you suppose to win with Victini ALL the time, that's not true (I lost to Elesa cause she kept using Volt Switch and I had to catch a Sandile to defeat her)
    -PETA is an evil organization
    -Female trainers still dress trampy (even in winter)
    -Don't think that if you see 7 different Santas, that that's a good thing.
    And last...

-There's a guy name Charles, and he is a heartbreaker.

Back