• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any Pokemon attacks that exist in real life?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014

The point I'm making is that the Pokemon attack doesn't exist in real life because they're not attacks in real life. And you can get some real pain with a hose if you get a lot of pressure behind it; try putting your thumb over most of the hose and narrowing the hole so you get more water pressure and it can start to hurt. Bubbles will never hurt.

Isn't this what I am trying to tell you?Bubbles wouldn't hurt at all.I understand what you are saying about bubbles not being used as an attack in real life while Bubble being used as an actual attack in the pokemon world.But that's not the point of my question.A hurricane is an attack in pokemon world but in real life it is not an attack.It just happens.It's a natural destruction.My question asks what pokemon attacks are there in real life.So bubbles from a bubble gun are the same exact thing as bubbles in pokemon 'cause they both don't hurt at all.They just pop harmlessly.Bubblebeam is harmful since bubbles are shot like a beam but Bubble is harmless.And yeah you are right about water gun. I even think that water gun would stronger than a gardet n hose.It would push you back a step or 2 due to the force and it would hurt quite a lot(it would sting actually) and it would cause some nasty bruises.Pokemon attacks are stronger than we may imagine,and an example is watergun.You don't expect it to be powerful but it would be powerful enough to bruise you.But Bubble is the world's weakest and most harmless 'attack' ever.If you are gonna say that the bubbles may be blown very forcefully at you and that's why they would hurt then you are referring to bubblebeam.Bubblebeam would be damaging because the bubbles would be harder and they would be forcefully blown at you like a beam.That's what bulbapedia says anyway.But about bubble bulbapedia just says that the pokemon blows countless bubbles at the opponent.It doesn't mention if they are forcefully blown or whatever so Bubble is harmless.It's like splash.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Isn't this what I am trying to tell you?Bubbles wouldn't hurt at all.I understand what you are saying about bubbles not being used as an attack in real life while Bubble being used as an actual attack in the pokemon world.But that's not the point of my question.A hurricane is an attack in pokemon world but in real life it is not an attack.It just happens.It's a natural destruction.My question asks what pokemon attacks are there in real life.So bubbles from a bubble gun are the same exact thing as bubbles in pokemon 'cause they both don't hurt at all.They just pop harmlessly.Bubblebeam is harmful since bubbles are shot like a beam but Bubble is harmless.And yeah you are right about water gun. I even think that water gun would stronger than a gardet n hose.It would push you back a step or 2 due to the force and it would hurt quite a lot(it would sting actually) and it would cause some nasty bruises.Pokemon attacks are stronger than we may imagine,and an example is watergun.You don't expect it to be powerful but it would be powerful enough to bruise you.But Bubble is the world's weakest and most harmless 'attack' ever.If you are gonna say that the bubbles may be blown very forcefully at you and that's why they would hurt then you are referring to bubblebeam.Bubblebeam would be damaging because the bubbles would be harder and they would be forcefully blown at you like a beam.That's what bulbapedia says anyway.But about bubble bulbapedia just says that the pokemon blows countless bubbles at the opponent.It doesn't mention if they are forcefully blown or whatever so Bubble is harmless.It's like splash.

Whoaaaa wall of text. All I'm saying is that Bubble does hurt in the games, and it wouldn't irl, so in my opinion it's not the same since irl it could never be used as an attack. You're welcome to disagree, but next time, could you space out your post a bit more in doing so? xD

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    How about Grudge? Anyone can hold a Grudge and it's one of my favorite moves.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I guess moves like Absorb, Mega Drain, and so on. That's exactly what parasites do and you can consider that an attack, only a passive, invading one.

Back