• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are there any

Years
    fans of the old 151 classic pokemon. I'm sick of all these new ones.. I don't want to learn another 300 or what ever pokemon.. The classic ones were the best.. Cause they actually looked like animals (well close) and the new ones are just like aliens now.. ugh it SICKENS ME!!!

Anyways just a quick question, why do some of you prefer the newer, overly powered ones?

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    well a wider selection i think. and without newer pokemon there would not be new games nor would it be more famous and its seriously not hard to learn the names i lerned the names so quick.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    I prefer Generations 2 and 3; the most interesting, design-wise. Although Cloyster is made of win and gold; he's the only Generation 1 Pokemon I actually like.

Years
    I mean yea, I look at some of the new generation pokemon, they're pretty cool... I saw like a red on on the ruby case on the show, he was like the size of Godzilla though.. I think they should tone down how big some of them are...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I still miss the original 150. Pokemon like Zam and Gengar had a certain thing about them that made you think they were "cool." They (for the most part) has interesting designs and were cool to lay your eyes on.

There are many new pokemon that live up to these standards, but there are many that don't. Just look at Happiny. Eww. Talk about terrible design.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    fans of the old 151 classic pokemon. I'm sick of all these new ones.. I don't want to learn another 300 or what ever pokemon.. The classic ones were the best.. Cause they actually looked like animals (well close) and the new ones are just like aliens now.. ugh it SICKENS ME!!!

Anyways just a quick question, why do some of you prefer the newer, overly powered ones?

wtf?! Some of the newer generation pokemon are awesome looking.

About this alien thing, you better not talking about Gallade and Gardevoir.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Actually I don't really miss the old 151 pokemon. It's not that I hated them, it just got kinda boring seeing the same over and over again. Adding more pokemon pretty much made the series more enjoyable and popular. I don't think the new pokemon look like aliens o_o. Most of them are still based on animals (Treecko, Croagunk, Swablu)

Pokemon like Zam...

Zam?!
    Never heard of it.

Years
    Originality wise, the first two-hundred-and-fifty-one were the best, but strategy-wise it's better to make a team with all the new dual-typed Pokemon and amazing new moves. But seriously, who the heck thought up of Spoink? That's one of the main reasons I like the Pokemon up to and including the Metallic Versions more than the new ones.

Like Kazuma above me said, it would get a tad tedious seeing the same 151 over all the series, so I guess they did have to make some new ones. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of heaps of Pokemon. I just don't like how much effort that their creators obviously didn't put in to making them unique.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    I miss the original Pokemon, they were the best ones :/ Some of the new ones do really suck, I agree

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with Silence. On most things there^^
    I heard that there were different people who designed generations 1&2 and 3&4 (does anybody know more about this?). And that might explain why you can make yourself believe (I do! I do!) that there's a huge difference when the 3:rd gen comes.
    I like the Kanto and Johto best, but yes there are still some new pokémon with bearable designs. I can't help loving Zangoose, though the anime makes it look menacing.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Yea I mean i love mudkips but i hate like 30% of the new pokemon.. a lot of them look weird.

lulz... So I haerd you leik Mudkipz.

You remind me of a friend of mine in a different forum.

BTW, what pokemon of the newer generations look wierdest to you?

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    I dunno, ay. I happen to think some of these new "weird", "alien" like pokemon are kinda smexy. Although, as far as Pokemon's concerned, nothing gives me better memories than those of the first generation pokemon. So I guess you could classify me as a fan of the 151 classics?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    The first generation is my favorite...well, mostly. Latias is one of my favorite Pokemon.
    I don't like the newer ones all that much...I mean, sure, they're okay, but they don't beat the originals. :)

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    thompson, you are so right!!! i miss the originals so much! i pretty much hate all the pokes after the g/s/c generation. it feels that at this point they're focusing more on quantity than quality.

Back