• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are these cards fake?

Days
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I have been sorting through all my cards and I found these to be different than the others as they have no illustrator name, and no date and company at the bottom, so are they fake? Also noticed Koga's ditto is always a holo my one isn't maybe that's the sign they are fake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

icycatelf

Alex
Years
While it's possible for ink obstructions to occur, the chance that it would cover all and only the illus. and copyright is pretty slim and it definitely wouldn't occur on every single card. The easiest tell is the Ditto though, assuming they all came from the same source, which as you mentioned should be holo. Even if it was some kind of rare misprint, the holo pattern/dots wouldn't be printed-on (a card's holo pattern comes from the foil, not the ink).

Last edited:
Back