• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Are these pokemon games fake?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    I'll post the URL once I made 15 posts, butt the silver version has blue and silver cartridge and the crystal has two screws on the back and a design on the inside chip

I recently bought these two games pokemon crystal and silver, both Japanese imports however I realized when I got home that they looked different than the English versions. Do you know if that is how the Japanese versions look? I have pokemon green version so I can try to trade once I'm further in the game.

I just want to know of they are legit, you guys know anything I should look for etc? (they do save btw)

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • Does this help?

---

Are these pokemon games fake?

Are these pokemon games fake?

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
    Years
  • Those look and sound real to me, as long as it works and functions without a problem you should have no problem using it. Make sure you have some sort of warranty if you fear a something wrong is going to happen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    The Pokemon Crystal cartridge isn't fake i can confirm that as i have seen an original copy unboxed. As for the copy of Silver i am going to say its legit to, I have Gold in Japanese and my cartridge looks similar to yours but it looks a little more blue then black like the one you pictured above. Also i did just check ebay and most of the loose copies supply a image of the cartridge that looks on par with yours.

Don't be fooled by the cartridge colors, the japanese Red, Blue and Yellow have grey cartridges and only the sticker is colored. Hope this was helpful to you in some way and feel confident that you didn't purchase copies!

Back