• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are using a Laptop now?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • Although I usually do, I'm using my phone for this.

Honestly, laptops are the way of the future. Everyone wants portability, and by now, the only downfall for the laptop is screen size and ease of modification, really.

I wonder how much longer Desktops will last...

I don't forsee the desktop going away anytime soon. The biggest reason being the MC/HT PC. I've actually got three different systems I use. I've got my HTPC which is a little box like this:

Are using a Laptop now?

The big difference is the one I have is black, but it's got a 3.0GHz P4, 2GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon x1300. Then I've got my main desktop which is used for movie/music storage and gaming (as seen in: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=190771&page=2). Then I've got my laptop which is used for work and when I go on vacation. The one that sees the most use, of course, is my main desktop.

As long as people seek MCPC's/HTPC's and gaming systems, then, as I said, I don't forsee desktops going anywhere anytime soon as laptops have not achieved the level of some desktops. BUT they are getting close.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Yes, I'm currently using my personal laptop. If I'm not using my laptop though, I would be using the Wii's internet channel.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I'm using a hammy-down laptop. My mom got a new one and gave me her old one. She gave the big computer I had to my Aunt. :D I've always wanted a laptop because I can do things in my room now. <3

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The only other thing I could be logging on from would be my Nintendo Wii's Opera browser or that beat-up old thing that was once referred to as a computer, lying out in the garage.

How I loathe that machine. >:|

My laptop, on the other hand, I love it so.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • Yah i am. its my own personal one i payed for myself. I never use anyother computer.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yah i am. its my own personal one i payed for myself. I never use anyother computer.
    With allowance? :P

Umm I'm on my macbook. Although I'd like a nice desktop someday.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I'm currently on m HP laptop, which I got in mid July, and I don't touch my desktop unless I need to transfer documents or use MS Word specifically. Everything just runs so smoothly on this baby; I refuse to go back to the slow days.

Years
  • Yes, I'm using my Samsung R710 laptop, which I bought last November. It has a 17" display, so it's slightly bigger than most other laptops, though it's more of a desktop replacement.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Yes, I'm using my Samsung R710 laptop, which I bought last November. It has a 17" display, so it's slightly bigger than most other laptops, though it's more of a desktop replacement.
    Ben? Ben Kenobi? Boy, am I glad to see you.

Er, uh. I mean, yes, I'm using a laptop. It's my main computer ATM. I might save up and get a better one (desktop) sometime in the future, but I'm fine for now.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Yup, i've had my Laptop since around February; haven't really used anything else since! Kinda glad i got my own PC, don't have to share and it's rightfully mine to do whatever the hell i want with it :P

Years
  • I...was a while ago, but I alternate between both my desktop computer and my laptop nowadays. Right now I'm on my desktop computer and that's mostly because of me playing with a few audio programs, drawing in a painting program and just finding comfort here while nobody's in the house. I wouldn't prefer to use my laptop for creative purposes as I'm far too used to doing things like that on the PC than with a simple key and touch pad, so it's mostly used for browsing and talking to people.

Back