• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we alone in the Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
    Years
    I believe aliens exist. But they probably aren't how we depict creatures. Maybe they're smart forms of light! Or maybe they're spirits... who knows? There really might be a deoxys out there. :) but anyway, didn't nasa declare that aliens exist? as in germs found in mars or something?

TheAmazingAipom

searching for a life :D
    Years
    This is how i think about it:

Picture how small the earth is compared to our entire solar system. The sun is just a normal star, just like any other one. Picture how big the universe is, and how many stars are in it. If the sun is like any other star then there could be a star exactly like the sun. There could be planets revolving around that star like our solar system. There could be a planet that is nearly the same distance away from their star as the Earth is to the sun. The earth is at a perfect distance from the sun, which lets us live. So why cant another planet be at a distance perfect enough to be able to produce life?

I hope that explanation wasnt too confusing XD

Do i believe that aliens are real? Absolutely.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
    Years
    This is how i think about it:

Picture how small the earth is compared to our entire solar system. The sun is just a normal star, just like any other one. Picture how big the universe is, and how many stars are in it. If the sun is like any other star then there could be a star exactly like the sun. There could be planets revolving around that star like our solar system. There could be a planet that is nearly the same distance away from their star as the Earth is to the sun. The earth is at a perfect distance from the sun, which lets us live. So why cant another planet be at a distance perfect enough to be able to produce life?

I hope that explanation wasnt too confusing XD

Do i believe that aliens are real? Absolutely.

and who says that aliens need to have a "perfect" distance from their star to live? what if there are aliens (Assuming there are aliens) who need immense cold or intense heat to survive? :) just saying.

Bratx

Teh Gud lookin' rAscaL r0cKs!
    Years
    Don't know why, but I surely have an instinct that Aliens do exist, we are not alone in this huge universe, and we soon are goin' to meet some life-forms, may be a bit earlier ones or a bit developed! God knows....lol...xD
    Leave that aside, my tea cup is waiting for me..~

Speedster

The Unknown
    Years
    Here is a reasonable way of thinking of it. There is a 1 in 72 Billion chance that a mother will have identical children that aren't twins (i.e. They were born a year or more apart). So why can't it be the same for intelligent life. 1 in 72 Billion chance between planets that they will have intelligent life. And I'm guessing that there is more than a trillion planets out there so its a pretty good chance. And in my opinion why would we be given such a large universe to live in if its all just the same dull,dangerous, pointless galaxies out there?

Years
    Here is a reasonable way of thinking of it. There is a 1 in 72 Billion chance that a mother will have identical children that aren't twins (i.e. They were born a year or more apart). So why can't it be the same for intelligent life. 1 in 72 Billion chance between planets that they will have intelligent life. And I'm guessing that there is more than a trillion planets out there so its a pretty good chance. And in my opinion why would we be given such a large universe to live in if its all just the same dull,dangerous, pointless galaxies out there?

Going by what you said, yeah. Mathematically, it's almost a forgone conclusion. The Drake equation essentially confirms the existence of extraterrestrial life somewhere in the universe, at least one point in time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I personally believe there is a real chance of other life exixting somewhere else in the universe, maybe not our Solar System, but somewhere. The universe is too big and we dont understand all that much about it, so I say theres no way you can outright say no.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]I believe there's some life out there,but I doubt it's intelligent. Then again,if humans are the smartest beings in the universe then we're screwed -_-[/SIZE]

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I doubt that there is any living thing other than humans in this solar system, however outside it, anythings possible.

pumpkinpie5

Veteran Legendary Collecter
    Years
    I personally think that aliens exist somewhere in the universe, and they visited us in the past, but I highly doubt they are here right now.

And the chances for the chemicals to come together to make life, and all of the other things needed for life, makes it about 1 in a trillion, but there are trillions of galaxies, and billions of planets in them, so they is a high chance that life exists somewhere.

by the way, I believe small lifeforms lived on Mars in the FAR past, since it is in the same place in the solar system as Earth, but the planet rotted away (Maybe because of long gone intelligent life?) and the species died.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Yes I do believe that they exist. They may be exist in some galaxy far from our milky way and I guess might be very intelligent than us.

Years
    I'm actually kind of partial to the Ancient Alien theory. Historical irregularities and the origins of mankind's religions tend to back up thier points. Personally I find the whole theory fascinating. And when you think about it, it actually makes sense.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Absolutely aliens exist, but I don't think they've traveled to Earth. Why would they? We're boring! :P

How do you know they have the technology to do so? As far as I know, 'aliens' in this context simply means life forms on another planet. It doesn't really imply technology or even any noteworthy intelligence.

Or they just haven't found us yet. We've been to other planets but not found anything. Maybe they're in the same situation.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Let's take a look at history. The universe is at least 6 billion years old (to be honest, I'm not sure how old) and it's that many light years in size... and that's just the observable part. I think it's pretty likely that there's some other form of intelligent life (as in multicelled) somewhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back