• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Are you a musician?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • Took classical piano lessons from age 5 to about 15ish.

Was qualified to teach others (as part of the piano teachers organization in NYC) when I was about 12. Never went with that obviously.

Became more of a hobbyist player since, so I have a little more than 20 years of piano experience under my belt. Every time I look back on past recitals, exams, or competition videos, I realize how bad I am nowadays, haha.

My technique went down the drain, but I guess my expression is still there. All it'll take is practice to get back to passable standards, but I NEED MORE FREE TIME.

I transcribed a ton of Pokemon RBY and GSC tracks for solo piano back when I was in college (became sort of my go-to procrastination activity). I have no idea where they are now. I would really, really like to know where I saved them...

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Mostly I play guitar and bass, but I dabble with piano and drums ^^

Recorded a chill cover of the Christmas carol 'O Come O Come Emmanuel' if anyone is interested {:3} -_- ...

:t360::t360::t360:

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    I am yes. I can play the piano and flute. I've played the piano since I was six years old. And I've played the flute since I was four years old.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Yes. I can play both the piano and violin. I started taking piano lessons when I was three years old and I started taking violin lessons when I was five years old. I've been to five recitals when I was nine years old. I've been asked by teachers who teaches choir to play the piano for them whenever there was a school concert. I've also been asked by relatives to play the piano at family get-togethers or weddings. And lastly I'm able to write music of my own.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2019
    Yes, I have my own band, Nameless Disease. We play deathcore/death metal. We are finishing our first LP. Check ND singles in youtube

Years
  • I am, but since I moved to my apartment, I haven't had the chance to do much in that regards. I took piano lessons for 6 years, both classical and popular music. I played various percussion instruments in the school band, then moved onto alto sax, going as far as joining the small jazz ensemble and moving from second chair to first chair alto sax.

I wanted to take up electric guitar, but considering I suck at basic guitar, I always saw it as harder. That is, until I gave it a shot through Bandfuse, and I realized I wasn't as bad as I thought. Except the game and the guitar weren't mine, so I couldn't practice for too long either.

Apparently, I can also sing, but I never got classes for it - I was in church choir for a couple years though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The only instruments I can play are the euphonium and trombone, which I played in band for a few years before I got bored of it and worked at McDonalds. However, I still play trombone time to time when I come home. I really want to pick up guitar, I'm thinking of trying to get a friend to teach me the basics this upcoming semester if I have much time. I also enjoy singing, I always thought it would be badass to sing for a band or somethin.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I took a few piano classes in high school (actually, I'm still in one) but I've lost interest in (playing) music pretty recently. It feels like I'd rather hear music than play it. Prior to that, I was in a handbell choir for 2 years. It seems like a waste to throw away that musical knowledge I've acquired. Maybe I'll feel inspired again but it seems unlikely. Well, I have 1 semester of piano left. I might as well try to get into piano again.

Years
  • Sort of. As of right now, I'm a percussionist and I'm doing research on Music theory so I can make my own. I play drums (Drumset, Bongos/Congos/Timbales, African/Latin percussion) and keyboard (piano, mallets and organs) the best as of right now. However, I don't make original compositions, just covers with samples and soundfonts. So, my stuff is on SoundCloud and YouTube if y'all wanna check that out.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • Like most here, I've been taught piano lessons as a kid and over the years I've immersed myself with bass, guitars and the occasional drums. I've also practiced on FL Studio 12 quite a bit though most of my projects were failures, I got what I the experience I needed nonetheless.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I play the bassoon and oboe. I used to play the trumpet, which I did for my school years (pre-college). I'm in love with brass and woodwind instruments in general, though. I still need to be proficient at tenor saxophone, and have come to love the bass clarinet, too! (the low notes on that instrument are FUN, yes this is coming from a long-time bassoon player!)

I hope to record someday, but right now I am not satisfied with my expressiveness (vibrato, and such) I did not really start properly learning this stuff until recently. D:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I grew up playing guitar. I don't play it much anymore, which is a real shame. My excuse was that I started listening to mostly electronic music, which made it hard for me to want to play stuff on guitar. I used to play what I listened to, right. But, that's no excuse for not picking it up and playing whatever comes to mind.

Though I don't play it anymore, I know for a fact that playing guitar gave me every reason I needed to treat music like a passion, which lead me to building very strong friendships in high school and continues to do so today.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
    Years
  • I play piano, guitar, bass, saxophone and sing. Music is pretty much my second job. I'm part of a pop/rock/folk group called Vienna Sunset. You can listen to our music by visiting the links in my signature. We've got an album due out in March/April time.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I've been practicing guitar (not really heavy practice) for the last four years or so. Calling me a proper musician would be quite far-fetched at the moment as my skills aren't really developed, I'm still quite sloppy and not really the most accurate player nor have I really composed anything yet. I have a couple of parts saved but haven't done anything with them. Lack of time mainly and it's not really my priority, just a hobby I guess.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Yes. I played the piano for four years growing up, then continued to take up singing/songwriting. I really want to take up music production, but I'm not sure if I have the time and/or money nowadays TBH.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I have played my piano ever since I was a kid, and since then, I've been taking piano lessons and performing on weekends ever since.

Back