• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You A POKeSexist?

Fourier

Gone & Away
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    I'm not really picky on gender. I'm fine with what I have. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I'm VERY pokesexist. I CAN NOT stand a girly pokemon being a guy, or vice versa. It annoys me so much when I have to keep running around trying to find the right gender~ ;)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Im not sure if anyone would agree with me but I find that Male pokemon are stronger but slower and females have better defense and they seem to be faster regardless of nature. I dont have any proof to detail but it just seems like that to me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I really don't care about genders for the most part, I just owrry about the species of pokemon I want to be in my team. Although if I'm really planning a playthrough team, like I am for BW2, I'm definitely a Pokesexist. xD; I find a gender which suits the Pokemon's species, design or concept really. And most often than not, even when I do this I end up witha pretty mixed gender balance in my party.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • When I first started playing, (like 2 years ago or so) I only used males.
    Then, that changed and I would only try and get females and be somewhat disappointed if the poke I got was male. Nowadays, that's still KINDA in effect but to a much, much lesser extent. I just tend to prefer pokes female for whatever reason. I do think some pokemon look very male, while some look very female (jigglypuff, gothorita, chikorita, machamp)

I am sooooo guilty of this. I really thought I was the only one.
    I am so OCD with having non females on my team AND genderless, lol.
    The awkward moment of having a female Kingdra or female Mr. Mime on my team =/
    I could catch an all stat 31 IV female Pokemon and still not use it for my team =/

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Im not sure if anyone would agree with me but I find that Male pokemon are stronger but slower and females have better defense and they seem to be faster regardless of nature. I dont have any proof to detail but it just seems like that to me.

I can assure you that's all in your head, as all the math in this game leads to both Male and Female Pokemon having the same stats.

Although I'm not Pokesexist, I don't like having a sausage-fest in my part either. I hope for at least one female (in case some trainer has Attract) but if I don't, then I don't. Nature / Ability is what I'm looking for.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    When I was a little kid (Gen 2-3) I could never bring myself to catch and train female pokemon, always just thought guys were tougher. Now I've grown up a bit, and just use certain pokemon only as females (like Garbodor or Chansey) because their better competitively (namely at things like taking out the trash or rearing children) XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • My party Pokemon are always a specific gender, (not all male or all female though) just because of the personality I imagine the Pokemon has or how I see the certain species of Pokemon to be (male or female).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • For the most part, no, but with two exceptions: The cat Pokemon on my team must be female, and if I'm playing through a Johto game, a female Geodude/Graveler is a must. The former is pure personal preference; the latter is because of Whitney's Miltank being armed with Attract.

I do like to have a fairly even mixture of male and female Pokemon on my team, often with a genderless one thrown into the mix as well.

SadNumel

I'm a very,very SadNumel.
    Years
  • I have always not cared. Sometimes, if I say want a special ability, yes I will go for the different sex.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • When it comes to Milotic,Glalie and Gardevoir I am. The rest I don't care very much what gender they are unless they're like Jellicent which the gender has a look difference.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Call me a PokeSexist because that's probably what I am. I want a certain gender for certain Pokemon, not for breeding purposes, but just for, ehm... uh... profiling purposes? For the novelty of having a Pokemon with the gender I want, I guess. For example, in Pokemon White I wanted a female Snivy, so I simply kept restarting till I got one. Other times I want a male Pokemon, like for Shinx or Sawsbuck, but most of the time I'd rather use females. That's just how I roll xD

Years
  • Unfortunately, yes, I did care. XD; Pokemon like Espeon and Gardevoir I had to have female and so on, but that was when I actually used different genders. Now I only catch and train females - no idea how that came about, but it's a hard habit to break.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I usually care... I mean, unless you want an audino with a mustache XD
    However sometimes I try to catch some pokemon that can be either or gender to not really worry about it, but things like Gardevoir... hmmm...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Right now I'd have a hard time telling you the genders of every Pokemon in my teams, haha. I catch it first, then decide a nickname; some nicknames are even gender-neutral.

I don't really care about the gender. While I prefer some Pokemon as male and some Pokemon as female, I'm not gonna worry about it. The only time I had dominantly female party members (minus legends) was in Sapphire because my Treecko was female.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • When I was a little kid (Gen 2-3) I could never bring myself to catch and train female pokemon, always just thought guys were tougher. Now I've grown up a bit, and just use certain pokemon only as females (like Garbodor or Chansey) because their better competitively (namely at things like taking out the trash or rearing children) XD

This! Hahaha yeah, I feel the same way. xD

Back