• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a poor loser?

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    I'm competitive, so I obviously make a sore loser.
    I don't do drastic things, though. Like, no ripping things with my teeth or whatnot. I usually just save the game, turn off the console, and play another game I know I'm going to win in.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Well it depends on the type of game. If it's a shooter or something, then I can't get angry because there's no "game over" aspect of it. I'll just respawn and kill the guy that killed me. If it's an RPG (excluding Pokémon lol), I'd most likely get angry (as in, flail around and curse xD) because it's sort of an in-your-face YOU LOSE, and then you have to go aaaaaall the way back and do the quest over again. Like in Monster Hunter, when you're soooo close to killing the monster but you die ;___;

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Depends on the game and the amount of times I've lost to a person.
    In Pokémon, it's not much of a big deal if I lose to someone even repeatedly (never was a good competitive battler), but I get excited if I win against someone good.
    In Smash Bros, I shrug off the occasional win as luck, but if it repeats then I change tactics or admit they might be good.
    In Halo, every now and then I ragequit (not often, though) ESPECIALLY if there's intentional friendly fire. Ugh, I hate those people. If they're gonna kill someone, let it be the other team, not your teammate who happened to respawn next to you.
    In any other FPS, I get a little flustered but generally maintain my composure. Chances are, I'm not too good in what I'm playing (such as Team Fortress 2).

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I love challanges, losing has never had any affect on me, and if people cheat... I just consider it a challenge to my skill. Nothing is cooler than beating a cheater at their own game.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I don't get mad too easily.
    If I find someone hacking on a Wi-Fi game, I just leave. For there's no point playing against someone who cheats.
    I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with my brothers often. If I lose, I don't really care much. However, I really don't like it when one of my brothers plays fiendishly or wins by dumb luck.
    And every time I tell him that, he just gives me the cold shoulder, and that really can get me ticked! :cer_pissed:

Nowadays, I act more silently and try to enjoy it more. Yet, my brothers occasionally act sour from losing.
    They don't really get upset, they more or less just act stupid in the game.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    When I played it, I used to just laugh at people Boosting/Hacking MW2. Or just go kill them if they're boosting. That's always fun.
    I used to get so annoyed at Tekken 6 before I got rid of it after I came to the conclusion that 2D Fighters >> 3D Fighters.
    Spammers on SSBB used to annoy me a bit, but I've since learned to combat it with my OliOli.

I've never thrown or broke a controller...I've never really ever gotten THAT angry.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    recently i dont get too annoyed if i keep losing in multiplayer. i guess its because im hanging out with friends. but i can get annoyed at alot of single player games. one in particular is End of Eternity. the game mechanic really pissed me off so i stopped playing all together.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm a very relaxed guy and that stays the same - even for Video Games. If things aren't going my way, I simply turn off my console and do something else. There's no point in getting annoyed over something that's supposed to provide entertainment, in my opinion.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I usually just laugh. I lose all the time in multiplayer matches on just about any game, so why should someone 'cheating' (using one hit wonders) be any different?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    I usually get frusterated but I keep playing cause I hate quitting. After awhile i quit I only once threw my controller

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    if im playing pokemon and i loose when im about to beat the perseon (most preferably the E4) i get pissed off and wanna toss the damned ds across the room

Back