• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a spender or saver?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    top tier saver. bet I can live off of minimum wage and still have a ton of luxuries. Just gotta eat one meal per day, take the bus and go to starbucks if I want internet usage. Also I'll have to cut down on the furniture, water, AC, electricity, etc.

I bet I could take care of two-three kids and still manage my low income by putting in some of that work, discipline, patience and planning.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I "save to spend" if that makes any sense. If there's an upcoming anime convention that I want to go to, or if I want to go somewhere for my birthday and stay at a Quality Inn (like I'm currently doing in Charleston, SC), I'll save up money for months, avoid spending it on stuff I don't need, all so I can splurge when the event happens.

Less frequently, I'll do the same with must-have anime goods. For example, they (FINALLY) just announced a high-quality figurine of Leaf (my favorite Pokemon trainer), so now I have to save up the money to buy her. Which might mean surviving on only two meals a day, or getting the discount internet/phone package, or use my 15-year-old TV till it breaks.

In short, I'll gladly save money and avoid spending it, if I know there's something I want to use it for in the future. But if it's an item or event that I am dedicated to, I will gladly throw that money I've been saving left and right at it.

Back