• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you actually going to use the Spikey-Ear Pichu in HG/SS?

Years
  • I am looking forward to getting my Spikey-Eared Pichu in Soul Silver, but honestly odds are it'll end up in my PC. I mean it can't be traded, so there is little use leveling it up because I can't trade to the next generation when it comes out. It can't evolve, so it's stats will be low for it's level. It's a neat idea, but in the end what exactly is the purpose of Spikey-Eared Pichu? Is it nothing more than a trophy; Something to have simply to say that you have it? I'm looking forward to seeing some other views on this.

~Sage Raziel

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • A) How do you get it?

B) If contests exists, I'll use it there because it will be adorable.

Years
  • A) How do you get it?

B) If contests exists, I'll use it there because it will be adorable.

To answer your question of how to get it, here in the next few months Nintendo is going to give out a Pikachu colored Pichu in Pokemon Platinum. To get this Pichu you need to connect to Wi-Fi between the dates of the event and download the wonder card. Then when HG/SS comes out buy one of them. Transfer the Pikachu colored Pichu over from Platinum and it will unlock a mini-story involving the Spikey-Eared Pichu.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I remember when I was playing Shiny Gold, I met a trainer who really inspired me. S/he was somewhere through the middle of the game (around Lake O' Rage, I think), when that person said, "Truly skilled trainers should win with their favorites...". Spiky Pichu would be considerably weak, but it looks awesome and I would like to beat the E4 with it. That is, of course, if I get the game.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • ~Points to Username~

To paraphrase Karen of the G/S/C Elite 4, "It doesn't matter how strong your Pokemon are, real Trainers win with their favorites."

I plan on making the Notch-Eared Pichu my first Lv.100 in HG/SS. Also, think about this: Why would they make a unique Pichu whom cannot be traded or evolved if it isn't more powerful than your average Pichu? Just like Pikachu from Yellow Version, the Notch-Eared Pichu may be stronger than other Pichu.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Even if its adorable, the stats are too low for me to use the Spiky-eared Pichu in battle, or competitive battling. Sorry.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Going to throw this thread over to the HG/SS forum, since it fits.

Moved~

And yeah, I will use it on my team if I can.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'll use it to battle Suicune.Lol, i can't stand Pichus, although Pikachu is worse. But, i like PCP, and i like this one.I'll use them as legend killers

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I might, it depends. I think it's kind of a cool novelty thing and I've often used unevolved Pokemon on my teams because I like them better. It probably depends on what my other team members are and how far along I am in the game when I get it.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I would use it occasionally. Actually, it would probably be my number one Pokémon in my party.
    But what I do is try to get two, let one stay untouched and train one to Lvl. 100.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'll get it and use it. I already love Pichu and this Pichu is just too adorable. I just hope that I can get the Shiny Pichu in order to get it.
    If I can't get the Shiny Pichu, I hope someone will lend me theirs to do the event.

I don't care about its strength and I'd likely keep it in my SoulSilver since I'm sure it'll stay my favorite game. For all we know, Nintendo will create a way to transfer it to the next generation's games, like how you didn't need to trade the Pokemon from Gen. III to Gen. IV. Thus I'm sure there will be a way to send it to future generations.

Back