• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you addicted to platinum??

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Im so addicted that when my parents conviscated my sisters ds (she never plays it so its pretty much mine now) I took out the platinum cartarige and now im playing it on my floppy, broken, old DS

maybe its a phase, a really longgggggggggggggggggggg phase. but once i get my heartgold version I'll probably hooked on that for life

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was pretty hooked on Platinum during my first play through of it. Tooks me two weeks to get through it all, and that was taking my time with it, so it wouldn't end. xD; During those said two weeks, Platinum took up way too many hours of my life. >__>

I'm sure the same thing will repeat once I get Soul Silver. <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was pretty hooked on Platinum during my first play through of it. Tooks me two weeks to get through it all, and that was taking my time with it, so it wouldn't end. xD; During those said two weeks, Platinum took up way too many hours of my life. >__>

I'm sure the same thing will repeat once I get Soul Silver. <3
    Same here lol xD. I spent like 20 hours a day playing ti for 2 days straight lol xD

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I'm pretty addicted too. Can't wait until Soul Silver will be available in English *_* It's gameplay will be much longer then 3rd and 4th gen because of the two combined continents..

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    Every time I get a new game, I become immediately hooked on it :P Then, I stop playing for a few months, and I gradually lose interest. Then I pick it up one day and the cycle begins again. But nowadays, I don't let the games take up too much of my time. I like to play them through slowly and really enjoy them.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Same here lol xD. I spent like 20 hours a day playing ti for 2 days straight lol xD
    Ya lol I'm still trying to finish my first playthrough so I can get on to hardcore wifi battles and monotype challenges, and the like.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Not really. Platinum isnt all that fun to get me addicted to it but it is fun enough to make me play it without getting bored.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not currently. Having played through the game and done most everything, I only fire it up to trade and battle over wi-fi. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd start breeding a new team, but, yeah, I'm lazy.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm addicted to Platinum but I'll get bored of it as soon as I've finished the pokedex like I did in Pearl.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    he he i get addicted to all of my games im playing platinum right now

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    all pokemon version are addicting but 4 me platinum was lame iut was recycled from 2 years ago with "another world" ooo lame it was soo disssappppointing +_+ in my opinion

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Yes.Yes I am.I play it 10 hours a day on weekends and on the week i play it 7 hours

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I cannot say I wasn't excited to get the game, and I thought at first I would be so addicted to it that I even planned out everything I would do in it [the team I would have, the levels I should be, etc.] but it didn't turn out that way. The majority of times I said, "Okay, today I AM going to play Platinum and beat the Elite Four!" and it didn't happen.
    However, when I first got the game I played it for crazy hours, nonstop. Though after that day, it sat collecting dust many times. Now when I do decide to play it, my DS does not read it and I can't play it even after obtaining a shiny Machop.

So I guess you can say I'm not really addicted to the game, but I still would like to start playing it again if anything.

Years
    Not really. I was before I completed the game, but now since I did I don't play it as much as I use to.

Years
    I was addicted for a while. Clocked up a few hundred hours game play but I don't go on it as much now. Just occasionally to battle.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    of course im addicted to platinum. currently in platinum im trying to lvl each of my pokemon to lvl 100 :P

Back