• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you addicted to your HG/SS game?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    33h in four days. I'm not necessarily addicted; I do have several other ROMs on my PC that I play, like Pokemon Dungeon and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Island.

As for the person who asked how people played, it was either preordering a Japanese version or downloading the Japanese ROM / the semi-English modification in the Hack section.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Nah, I don't like playing the Japanese version much since I can't understand anything and I get bored of it easily. When the US games finally come out it will probably be a different story =P

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    My addiction left off when I started (re)playing other games like Harvest Moon and Cooking Mama 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and stuff.

It was around the time after I defeated Red. :3 It's around 100 hours now.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    My addiction left off when I started (re)playing other games like Harvest Moon and Cooking Mama 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and stuff.

It was around the time after I defeated Red. :3 It's around 100 hours now.

My LF is 190h and I've gotten eight badges and 37 usable Pokemon (~130 Pokedex caught; ~145 seen). All Pokemon are around 55, even the crappy ones I don't use. I also gave them all Calciums and stuff since I rebattled trainers so many times that I had about 15mil PokeDollars.

Is that pathetic?

And yeah, Harvest Moon & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky take up a lot of my time lately, too. Soul Silver has become boring a bit. Hum. So I guess I'm not addicted, at least, not anymore.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I WILL be addicted to it when it comes out in canada (for at least 2-3 weeks)

But its usally the storyline thats addictive then afterwards its boring kinda

Thats why i restart my pokemon games allot (like now i restarted platinum after long trading to pearl and i'll restart again after beating it just to finish enjoying sinnoh)

Thats why I'm buying both copies (SS to just play HG to restart)

Point is I will be addicted to it when it comes out (Even now I'm addicted and i don't even have it yet I put the damn soundtrack on my psp)

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Addicted? Definitely. I beat Red about a month after getting the game. The Pokethlon is so fun that I keep coming back to play it again.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
    Well, I kinda am addicted...if you call playing in class addicted. But I'm taking it really slow. I'm only on morty and I got my cyndaquil on Dec. 4th. I love that lil' guy. He has very good IV ratings.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hardly play anymore. I was addicted after I got the game, but its appeal died around getting ready for Claire's gym. I was even bored with the after story, but I never liked it very much in GSC anyway. It's a great game though, don't get me wrong. I just wish they had fixed the levels on the wild Pokemon...and the trainer Pokemon.

HatterMadigan

Teddiursa-In-Training
    Years
    Ugh yes! i love my totodile but i wish i could get all three w/o hacking... too late! I wanted my party completed, or at least the ones i really wanted, so i used AR to get lvl 5 espeon, chikorita, cyndaquil, mareep, and teddiursa (don't ask) and i am soooooooooooooooo in love! But i chose gold character because the girl is sooooooo nasty!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Normally, when I purchase a game that I look forward to I become quite addicted to it. Like everything else however, I begin to slow down on the game only playing through it a little less frequent within the days. With HeartGold and SoulSilver, I expect no different as I had with any other game, but I do know that keeping it as my main game I will be occupied with it more than those before it.

Just a benefit of going back to the second generation, but with more to offer will make playing the game all the more worthwhile. I also have plans to get back into competitive play through HG/SS prior to completing the game. So, I expect I would be spending more time training and traveling through the game trying to build a sturdy Wi-Fi team. However, I wouldn't call myself addicted to the game at this point.

Atomika

Installing Gravity
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Just got it from Japan and yes I love it so much i cant stop.. i feel like when i got the old ones back in the day lol..

Back