• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you afraid of shots?

Do you hate shots?

• Yes!....they haunt my dreams. ;__;

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Not at all...bring it on! =P

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Meh...they're ok.

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
    Shots are okay, it when they have to operate thats when I get really scared. Fortunately I have had only one operation. Touch wood~

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I'm not terrified of them... but I don't like them at all.
    I always anticipate them being extremely painful though, after I had an experience where they couldn't find a vein and I got poked like 10 times, before they decided I should come back the next day. :I

The last time though, it didn't hurt at all.
    I was kind of disappointed, idk idk.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    They never really phased me. I'm deathly afraid of blood and sharp things, so the fact I'm not afraid of shots is astounding. I hate that little pinch when it first sinks in, but nothing major.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    I dont mind em. It just feels irritating when my muscles feel like their getting tightened. then my arms start hurting after a while. other than that thy're fine.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Shots have never really bugged me too much, and I recently had surgery over the summer which involved lots'o'needles!

So, no, they aren't too bad. But my brother is terrified of shots and I always freak him out when I say the word "shot!"

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Uh huh, my face gets all pale when I see a needle .__.

They don't haunt my dreams though, the guy above my post does.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Yes, I just can't stand them! Even though I take some cream to numb the spot, I still squirm in my chair when my doctor goes to get the needle (btw, he's a nice guy. I've known him for years). Usually, I'm more cooperative when I'm tired.

I've even heard a story from my doctor of a young boy who tore down the road when he was about to get his. I mean, literally fleeing the scene! ^_^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Problem with my arm is I have really thick skin, so my veins are hidden underneath and you have to kind of coax them to appear. I had this one nurse stab my arm five times before she finally hit my vein, only to tell me that she had punctured it on the other side, which would cause me internal bleeding...

ACTUALLY EFFIN TOLD A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD THAT HE HAD INTERNAL BLEEDING WHEN HE WAS SITTING THERE WITH AN ALREADY BROKEN ARM

-_-

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I hate shots. I don't fear them, exactly, I just hate them. I was okay with shots before, until I had surgery for appendicitis.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    When I was younger, I was terrified. I had to be held down and everything. But now, I'm just like lol do it, and I don't even flinch. It's all good~

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Pfffff, needles there are more painful object than a needles, knifes. No Im not afraid of any needles or getting a shot, but the Tetnus shot burns like hell.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Needles don't frighten me. Unless I watch them (or imagine them) breaking my skin. *shudders*
    The Tetanus shot does hurt, but the HIV (and you have to get more than one of those!) was worse for me. And for both, a mosquito decided to bite where the swelling was. I can deal with shots, just don't let me watch hospital shows anytime soon.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    No, I have no problem with them, they hardly hurt at any time. Though I've had only the neccesaries. My girlfriend can't stand them. Just the thought or seeing them done to others just sets her off. Almost a fear.

Back