• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you afraid of the dark?

Are you scared of the dark?

• Yes, I'm terrified.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Only sometimes...

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • What are you talking about? Of course not.

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    So, it's half past midnight and your browsing the internet. You yawn, it's way past your bedtime. You turn off your computer, get into your pajamas, and turn off the lights. There is an eerie green light around your room caused by the digital numbers on your alarm clock.

Suddenly, your mind flashes back to the last scary movie you saw, the one with the hideous aliens that come into people's houses and abduct them on board their spaceship, or maybe the one in which the demons from Hell have been sent lose to devour people's souls. How are you ever going to let yourself fall asleep tonight, knowing that leaving your body in an unconscious state will make you the perfect target for the goblins and ghosts of the night?

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    I'm only afraid of the dark after I watch a scary movie or is reminded of one

Other than that, the answer is no

And just in case I am, I sleep with the lights on ;)

LoaferBoyzX

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    This only happens when I previously or had just watched a scary movie, especially Saw. =/

I practically coddle up and pray for daylight after facing such movies. It's frightening.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I'm always scared of the dark.. Like last night, walking from my bathroom to my room... I was so scared >__<

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to be when i was younger (I had to sleep with the light on some nights lol), but im not now.

Years
    Not really. As a kid, I used to feel very uncomfortable with sleeping in the dark, which is why I would crawl into my mum's room and toss myself under the covers with her, but I think her horrible snoring made me want to get over that silly fear. Though as much as I've grown since then, there is always the slight little feeling of fright from going to certain places in the dark. XD;

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Not really. As a kid, I used to feel very uncomfortable with sleeping in the dark, which is why I would crawl into my mum's room and toss myself under the covers with her, but I think her horrible snoring made me want to get over that silly fear. Though as much as I've grown since then, there is always the slight little feeling of fright from going to certain places in the dark. XD;

That is exactly how it was with me. Especially the snoring part.

Now I'm usually completely fine with it. However, sometimes when I wake up from a really bad nightmare it sucks to have to go back to sleep again because I know I'm just going to have that same nightmare. So usually I'll go into the living room and watch TV for an hour or so until I've gotten over it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I used to be very afraid, but have long since grown out of it. I absolutely needed a nightlight in my room or else I wouldn't be able to fall asleep =P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Even when I was young, I was never scared of the dark. I would just stumble over my toys or bump into things and get over it. 8D

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Uh.. Sometimes ? Like the basement scares me even though I know my way around.

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
    I'm usually fine in the dark unless I just watched a scary movie. I also don't like sleeping facing a mirror in the dark. It's one of those childhood things that I haven't grown out of.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Not at all. I mean...it's...just dark. Sometimes I see some creepy stuff in the dark (like once, the bathroom wall was glowing), but then, I could just turn around. I actually find the dark kind of pleasant. XD

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I used to be really scared and run into my mother's room crying about ghosts being in my room, but as I grew I finally reslised that there wasn't any ghosts there so I'm alright with the dark now.
    The only time I get scared in the dark is after watching the episode of Doctor who call "Blink" (I think) just because it creeps me out.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Only time I feel uncomfortable in the dark is when I know someone is watching me or when I watch a horror movie. Wait, no, there was also the time I watched Donnie Darko. I know psychological thrillers are meant to make you think instead of scaring you, but I still had the fear that a giant bunny was going to knife me when I closed my eyes.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Only time I feel uncomfortable in the dark is when I know someone is watching me or when I watch a horror movie. Wait, no, there was also the time I watched Donnie Darko. I know psychological thrillers are meant to make you think instead of scaring you, but I still had the fear that a giant bunny was going to knife me when I closed my eyes.

That's what the Easter Bunny does; one child at a time. :(

Back