• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you afraid to speak your opinions on people?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Yes, because I'm afraid of being called a troll for any of my ideas just like what happened to me back in SPPF. Due to that, I have to use other people's opinions in order to win a debate, as well as to know how effective that person's opinion I'm borrowing is.

~cleaskulty~

It's contagious
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    I was always taught that I should share my opinions, so I've always been a bit... blunt. Which is probably why I don't have any friends. :P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I prefer to keep my opinions to myself, for the most part. So that isn't much of a problem, aside from specific situations.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Honestly it depends on the situation. Sometimes if it's a friend and they're sensitive, it can be difficult to bring up some of their behaviour to them. Though often, online, it feels more impersonal to me, so I have an easier time giving my opinion on what someone else is doing.
    However, I don't gossip and if I do talk about someone to someone else (who is close to me only), it is usually asking their opinion on how I should approach them, or if I should be bothered about their behaviour.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I have no problem with giving honest opinions, but I'm not an idiot. I'll read the mood and think about how the person who I'm talking to might react. Honesty really isn't worth the trouble of an argument most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont like to hurt people's feelings or upset people, so if I have a negative opinion on someone I usually just keep it to myself. There's no need to needlessly upset people.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't share my opinions with people that are closed-minded, think the opposite of what I think on the matter, and disrespectful. As far as telling people things like...if their shirt is ugly, I usually don't do tha-- OKAY well sometimes. It depends on who it is and if I know they'll take it okay. But I'm normally pretty well contained and if I have something not nice to say, I keep it to myself unless they really deserve it. And to deserve it, you have to be a complete twit. So. Don't be one.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Heh. I sure can speak my mind. I'm not quite sure it is a positive thing though. I've been in situations when i've spoken my true opinion, and it has gotten me into some trouble.

Nakala Pri

I always speak my opinion on people! If someone is going to tell someone a flaw, or that they're beautiful, why not a friend? Not a stranger on the street commenting on your hand bag.

Years
  • I dislike when people express themselves too much. That said, you have to be careful who you express your opinions towards too.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I just tell it like it is. Always expect me to be 100% with you, no matter what.

.......Do I enjoy sharing a negative opinion of someone just to stir up drama? Maybe.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
  • I certainly am not, there's no need to hide my thoughts or feelings. Not speaking one's mind not only avoids chance of gaining self respect, other's won't start respecting you either. As a living being you are entitled to an opinion, good or bad, and not expressing yourself means repressing yourself.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
    Years
  • It's a little worrying that people don't want to share their opinions. Unless that opinion is enough to be shunned by EVERYONE.

People are too afraid of conflict nowadays, especially when it comes to sensitive subjects.
    (and in some cases, sensitive people.)

Years
  • I typically do not share my opinions on a person to them because I do not want them to feel upset, unless they are a person that is really nice, or if the person is really pissing me off without realizing it (which is kinda rare for me to encounter)..

However, the bad person I am: I will express my opinions on someone to other people all the time, but then it worries me if they'll spread those opinions or not... :3c

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • I have no problem sharing my honest opinions because if I'm asked to do so them I believe that the person who asked is ready to hear them. Another reason is I mainly have people always give there honest opinions.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • Since the topic is very vague, it's hard to comment on this, but I'll go over what comes to mind.

An opinion is a great way to pick a fight. Will I walk up to someone in the street and tell them their hat looks silly? Nah, and I don't know many who WOULD. Not afraid to, but I'm smart enough to know when or when not to. Fear is the result not knowing. Lucky for me I know what can and can't happen. Believe it or not, people WILL kill/hurt others (read the news lately?) for the tiniest of reasons these days.

In most situations, a personal opinion does not really help. Here's a quick example that comes to mind. Recently a new co worker joined my team. My superior called him "fat" (he didn't even look fat in my opinion). Was the opinion useful? No, and it created an offensive atmosphere. This same superior always makes cracks about a guy who is bald and calls him "weird looking". Those two are practically always verbally combating each other now. It's even worse when a group of people start giving their opinions about someone and start calling them "stupid". But that's an entirely different subject so I'll stop there. >_<

If an opinion is going to hurt someone and help in no way at all, I don't see a point in unleashing it. I've witnessed the results of destructive opinions enough to know what they are capable of doing. Unless a person wants to change or improve themselves, opinions are nothing but wasted breath/keystrokes (in my opinion xD).. If an opinion helps me earn more money, benefits me, a loved one, or others that need help in some way, then I'm usually more than happy to offer my opinion though. :)

As for opinions on games, music, and other forms of entertainment? I don't mind sharing them. :)

Once again the topic is vague so it's hard to give a solid response. The situations of when or when not an opinion is given can easily change depending on who (stranger, friend, co worker, acquaintance, classmate, relative, etc.) is giving the opinion and who is receiving it.

Last edited:
    Back