• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an atheist?

Years
    Oh dear.
    I can see this topic quickly descending into the usual religious arguments...

I am not an atheist.
    However, I do not believe everything that is in the Bible...

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Look at my post count...

Go ahead... let the thread degenerate. I haven't been around long enough to see the type of religious arguments presented in PokéCommunity.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I belive in God, and "" to a certain extent... you see I'm Muslin, and we look at things a little.... nah, a lot differently.

So no, I'm not atheist.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I belive in god the father, jesus, and the holy sprite. I follow the bible to the best I can but noby is perfect but God's word is.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I belive in god the father, jesus, and the holy sprite. I follow the bible to the best I can but noby is perfect but God's word is.
    Dude, you just made my day.

I'm an Orthodox Christian, like most Greeks I suppose, so nope, not an atheist at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    To me, there is no god. Maybe to god, there is no me. I dunno, I really don't care. This life is the only shot we can be sure of, and I'm not going to treat it like a waiting room or spend it striving to prove myself worthy of anything.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    I believe in God and all the other stuff but I don't go to church or anything but my grandparents are big time believers they have statues everywhere about Jesus.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I don't exactly call myself an atheist, but I suppose I am. I don't believe in God, at all. And this is one thing I never doubt myself on, so yea.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Look at my post count...

Go ahead... let the thread degenerate. I haven't been around long enough to see the type of religious arguments presented in PokéCommunity.
    It's more of an "internet" problem than a "PokeCommunity" problem. People find a way to derail stuff anywhere. I'm guilty of it, too; I have a problem with leaving things I disagree with alone.

holy sprite
    Are you an atheist?

Fair use of copyrighted materials. Source is Scribblenauts for Nintendo DS.

I'm an atheist, by the by. There are thousands of religions on the planet, most of which exclude any others being right. So even if we take one to be true, the odds are astronomical that I'd pick the right one. And if you take religion to simply be a foundation for morality (which is kind of how I see it), then it's simply unnecessary, as a moral system based on logic works much better. I can usually get by with two simple guidelines. Am I hurting other people with my actions, and am I treating anyone as a tool rather than a person? I try to always make the answers to these two questions "no," and it seems to work well enough for me (when I actually follow it, which is most of the time). Of course, I also have to look at what is socially tolerable, but that's not about morality, it's about not getting arrested (or worse).

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    All relgious debates end the same way.

I'm an atheist, I suppose. I used to believe in Jesus, but I really lost faith when everything turned to crap. Besides, like twocows stated, there's too many religions out there to stick to one and believe it's the right one.

All hail the holy sprite?

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't believe in God. I don't go to church. I don't follow any religions because they all believe they are right in their own eyes. But I do say "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and talk about how I reserved my spot in Hell.

I could say that I'm half atheist.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Fortunately, I'm not an atheist. I do believe in God, I just don't believe in the bull-crap they preach in church. :3

I read the bible, and I follow it's missives as much as I possibly can. I can't claim to be a saint, but at least I've never needed someone to tell me what something in the bible meant. xD

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    All relgious debates end the same way.

That could be regarded as a wise and valid post, but this isn't a religious debate. It's just a simple question. There's no doubt in my mind that someone will say something stupid and the thread will be derailed into a 'debate'. (Hint: replace 'debate' with 'immature flame war'.)

On the topic, I don't know what I believe in. I used to be a Catholic, but to be honest I never believed in it... and I made that fact known two or three years ago. I probay wouldn't believe in anything right now if it wasn't for near death experiences (where over a thousand people completely unrelated to each other described feeling and seeing the same things). I think there's something out there, but I don't think any human will be able to comprehend what it is. Until, you know, they get to experience it for themselves.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I'm not one, and never will. I also believe in scientists on what they explain the "unexplainables", because they have proof, but it all ends in one thing and we(not counting the atheists) know that.

Back