• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you at spelling?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm a pretty good speller.

Spell check does come in handy sometimes, even though I'd prefer to use it less. It really is a cripple on your brain power. ):

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Holy flip Yusshin, what in the world does that mean?? :O I smell alien!!

Antidisestablishmentarianism: To be against the disestablishment of the church

Floccinaucinihilipilification: The state of being worth next to or of nothing

Most people say that antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest word they know of. I know the medical term for volcanic ash in the lungs is one of the longest :s but it ends in "microscopicivolcaniconius" or something like that. I never really looked at the word; it starts with pneu (representing the lungs), though.

[Edit]

Here it is:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

I got 1/2 of it right lol which is good, considering I saw it once about five years ago and remembered it to this date :s

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I am pretty good at spelling. Though usually I use the spell checker within Firefox to keep on top of myself whenever I do make a mistake. :P

That being said, I do tend to misspell some words consistently, but I let the spell checker catch those and correct them before hitting "Post" usually. :P

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    Not bragging in this post, but yes, I'm actually the best in the class <3

Some words such as "definitley" catch me out, though 8-/

Title is missing a word in the middle

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Not bragging in this post, but yes, I'm actually the best in the class <3

Some words such as "definitley" catch me out, though 8-/

I made a thing for that.

defi-nite-ly

:s I always think of it that way, and it works lol kinda like "together" became to-get-her, when I was in grade 3.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I'm fairly good at spelling. Well, pretty good. I'm a good speller. I'm also quite the grammar enthusiast, which is why the title is bugging me so, but I would agree that I check my spelling meticulously.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I'm great at spelling, but on forums I deliberately misspell things cause I can. And it's fun.

The title makes no
    XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I guess I could say I'm a good speller. I get really OCD about proper spelling and grammar and such, so I make sure that my spelling's alright in whatever I write or type. XD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yeah; I could have won my middle school's spelling bee but I dropped out by intentionally misspelling something. Hated the pressure or hated the feeling of 'okay I passed but next round I may be screwed with akjdeldelerology or something' mkay. 8|

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think I'm good enough not to make a spelling mistake on any one of my posts. But then again, I don't use any elaborated words and diverse vocabulary in my posts. I used to take part in school competitions though..:/

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    So, are you? Well, I am okay at spelling.

You seem to be fine at spelling, though thread title content is a tad bit lacking. Anyways, now that the obligatory side-bar is out of the way, who needs spelling as long as you've got Google?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm OK at spelling. In 3rd Grade, I was the only one who could spell the word "Dinosaur". I don't know why.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Indeed, I am ... at spelling.

I laughed at the chumps swooning on the e-brag opportunity.

oh yuh ell i beat ev1 at interneshunal spilling cump!!!! beet tat!!!

Years
    I think I'm not good, but ok at spelling. I often happen to have a lot of typos in whatever I write if it isn't by hand, but apart from that, I don't think I misspell things to often.
    In elementary school I was always among the best in spelling, i could spell the word "elefant" (which quite obviously translates to elephant) on my first day at school. Of course this doesn't help me at all nowadays where I'm between mediocre and bad (at least I admit it :D) in most subjects (which includes screwing up most of the last years few dictations)...

Years
    For the most part, I am fairly well off with spelling. I don't think I have ever been penalized for spelling in any assignment I've ever written, even ones where I did not have the power of spell check on my side.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    in real life, spelling is EVERYTHING for me

on the internet, i just type whatevers fastest for me to type reguardless of spelling

O ya, the titles missing a word

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm pretty good at spelling, even without spell check.

It's usually grammar that I have the most problem with.

Back