• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you athletic?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My last job required me to be at least kind of in shape, so there's that. I can lift up and carry 100+ pounds, used to be able to run 3+ miles at a time, things like that. I have no idea how far I can run now because I've been too busy to try. Maybe now that it's getting cold, I'll try again.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I like playing sports but I'm not completely dedicated to them so I could be called athletic I guess? Huge fan of tennis, running and swimming. (not really good at it though) And I'm thinking of joining boxing classes in the future as well! :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I am somewhere between athletic and not very athletic. I swim and play tennis and badminton (plus some other sports), but I'm nowhere near athletic as compared to my other friends who play for state competitions and have trained since young. These few months though, I believe I've been improving since going to the gym and fitness classes.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I'm a runner.

My top times:
    Spoiler:

Other than that, I used to play Football, Soccer, and Basketball.

So yeah, I'm pretty athletic, although I don't use it anymore.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    if by athletic you mean sobbing after 5 minutes of cardio, then yup that's me.

hard to believe i used to be a runner.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I'm a runner.

My top times:
    Spoiler:

Other than that, I used to play Football, Soccer, and Basketball.

So yeah, I'm pretty athletic, although I don't use it anymore.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world+record+50m+sprint
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world+record+100m
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world+record+200m
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world+record+400m
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world+record+800m

You're a bit off the world record pace for the mile/2 mile runs but you really need to get the global recognition you deserve for the others you know!

Years
  • im relatively athletic as i competitively play a sport and look to play it at a college varsity level, but i mostly rely on my intelligence and quick reactions, not my raw speed/strength. i probably would suck in sports that you can only excel at if you're freakishly athletic (american football)

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I play basketball and sometimes I play pretty well. Basketball and Pokemon are ma life.(not really, I wish it was though)

Years
  • Eh not much. I've done karate and am currently in yoga (which is a lot more exhausting than I thought.. I sweat so much...) but even then I'm pretty flimsy and get tired quick. Not into sports as a whole but I feel guilty sitting around and doing nothing so I got into the habit of going to these activities. Definitely makes me feel better about things. I don't have any weight to lose since I drop faster than I gain regardless but it's nice knowing you're at least semi-active and moving about.

Talon

Years

• What in god's name...
    I haven't ran an actual 50/100/200/400/800 in a while. I kinda feel like I was misremembering my times now. I feel like a 5 second 50 is pretty slow though. I'll run them again soon and see if I was just remembering wrong, because I know I'm fast, but I'm not world record fast lmao. My bad. I have a shitty memory.

EDIT:

OK, so I re-ran them...
    50m = 6.1
    100m = 12.6
    200m = 24.3
    400m = 51.7
    800m = 2 minutes 12 seconds
    1mile = 5 minutes 13 seconds
    2 mile = 13 minutes 1 second

So yeah I was a bit off lmao
    My mile actually got a little faster, though. So that's nice.

Last edited:

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I am about as athletic as a rock... lolol

But seriously, I don't play sports or anything. I do a bit of kettlebell work outs, that is about it.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • What in god's name...
    I haven't ran an actual 50/100/200/400/800 in a while. I kinda feel like I was misremembering my times now. I feel like a 5 second 50 is pretty slow though. I'll run them again soon and see if I was just remembering wrong, because I know I'm fast, but I'm not world record fast lmao. My bad. I have a shitty memory.

EDIT:

OK, so I re-ran them...
    50m = 6.1 +0.56s
    100m = 12.6 +3.02s
    200m = 24.3 +5.11s
    400m = 51.7 +8.52s
    800m = 2 minutes 12 seconds +31s
    1mile = 5 minutes 13 seconds +1m30s
    2 mile = 13 minutes 1 second +5m2s

So yeah I was a bit off lmao
    My mile actually got a little faster, though. So that's nice.

Thought you might have a been a little off! ;D

Just added your gaps between world record times and your time at the moment! You're pretty damn good! Think you're probably not gonna challenge for the 100/200m titles any time soon but your 400m is solid! Issue with being a good sprinter is that it's all about having crazy long legs and just a burst of energy. I find the 400m/800m to be more interesting due to the tactics that come into it.

My best run is 3.7 miles in 30 minutes. Not really a short distance runner! (Think my 100m sprint is like 14-15 seconds to give you an idea haha)

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • Yea, I consider myself athletic.

If someone tells me to do something I can usually do it, especially sports.

My main sport is Baseball, but I can play several sports fairly well including Basketball, Wrestling, Football, Tennis, Track, and Swimming.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Somewhat. I was on a swim team in high school and I go swimming at the pool fairly regularly, but I'm not good at most ball sports (except for golf, which I've taken up recently). I do have the swimmer's body, or at least that's what my friends say.

Talon

Years
  • Thought you might have a been a little off! ;D

Just added your gaps between world record times and your time at the moment! You're pretty damn good! Think you're probably not gonna challenge for the 100/200m titles any time soon but your 400m is solid! Issue with being a good sprinter is that it's all about having crazy long legs and just a burst of energy. I find the 400m/800m to be more interesting due to the tactics that come into it.

My best run is 3.7 miles in 30 minutes. Not really a short distance runner! (Think my 100m sprint is like 14-15 seconds to give you an idea haha)

Strange thing is, I'm usually a distance runner. When I run track for my school they put on distance. I have long legs and really strong lungs, so I can run for a long time. I think the longest I've ever run without stopping is about 5 miles. I don't know what my time was, but it took me forever and I couldn't really use my legs the rest of the day. It felt really good to do that though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Not at all. I'm not a fan of any sports and, while I'm healthy, I'm not in the greatest physical shape when it comes to strength, stamina, etc. Working on improving that by going to the gym, but I still get really tired when doing cardio and such. Starting to notice a little bit of a difference as time goes on though!

Don't ask me to run though, because I'm not getting very far.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • No. The only sport I would ever do is swimming, and maybe badminton. But only casually.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yes I am.

Lol @ Talon's first post

Back