• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you buying BDSP?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • I currently have no plans. I don't think they're worth $60. If they were $30, possibly, but $60 is far too much for 2.D games, especially ones that look as cheap as this.

Hey, if I when one in the giveaway I'm sure I'll have fun with it, but I'm not buying them myself.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I'm going to get Brilliant Diamond on release. I'll get it as a digital download so my son can play too on his switch. I'll get Shinning Pearl digital afterwards probably around Christmas time but I'll also get them both on hard copy also at some point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm buying it.
    Even if we don't have a lot of stuff from previous generations.
    I miss the old style, so I'm hoping BDSP fills the hole in my heart, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Which game do you plan on getting and why?

For those of you who plan on getting BDSP, which game do you think you'll get? Or are you getting both? Going to preorder soon, but I can't decide! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I like Palkia more, but if the BDSP version exclusives are the same as the original games, I'd love to be able to catch Larvitar in Diamond.

Years
  • That is true, the pokemon in Diamond seems more fierce than Pearl. But some places sells Pkmn pearl a little cheaper than diamond. That might be a plus point too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Considering I never really played this generation in the first place I'll be picking Brilliant Diamond. I'm pretty sure I would have picked Diamond when it first came out. That and Dialga!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Had the OG Pearl, getting Shining Pearl, plus I already have Dialga in sword

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    I'm getting Brilliant Diamond. I had both of the original versions of this game so I didn't really care which one I pre-ordered.
    I never managed to play Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. Apparently there is such a thing that I have never seen!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    In Gen 4 I got Pearl, so now I'm getting Pearl again.
    Also, I like Palkia more than Dialga.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Had Diamond as a kid, so will likely get that one if I do end up buying

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Of course.
    People who are complaining that this game is not worth $60, they clearly have no idea on how game development process works.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Not sure if I will get it now after what I've seen in the last few days. I still have Platinum and genuinely can't see any real reason to play BDSP instead.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the leaks, I am still gonna buy BD. Mostly because I don't have my DP versions anymore and I am pretty sure the Platinum version I bought in 2018/2019 is a fake, so I don't really have a Sinnoh game.

If I had a real Platinum version or still had my original copies, I wouldn't buy the game. It isn't worth $60. Especially when it is a copy and paste mostly of DP out of everything.

Back