• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you capable of killing?

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
  • Physically? Yes. That's what shotguns are for. Home defense.

Psychologically? No. I don't think most people realize just how big f an impact it has on the human psyche, regardless of circumstance, beliefs, whathaveyou.

If anything, killing in defense would be even more traumatic. I am not psychologically equipped to take a life, and I feel it would be worse if te situation was forced on me.

Ask a veteran, especially a Marine, if they've ever killed someone up close. Ask them how they felt once they fully realized it.

I've got enough baggage as it is. I couldn't live with myself.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know. It'd have to come to whether my life was in jeopardy or not.

Assuming I had the strength to kill the person who was threatening me, there would be no doubt that I would feel incredibly guilty afterwards and knowing me I wouldn't be able to forget that moment for the rest of my life. Though, in my opinion, you shouldn't forget that moment. You took a persons life.

However, I think that if someone murdered my spouse/daughter/son/best friend, it'd be a different story. I would not be able to live with myself if I just sat back and let the **** who killed them still live. I would make sure the killer paid for their actions with their life.

Years
  • I don't know if I could. I saw in a TV show that if you can still stare yourself in the eye in a mirror after killing someone, you can deal with it. But before that, you'd probably vomit your stomach out (not literally).

I have trouble looking myself in the eye in a mirror already (I guess I feel unreasonably guilty enough already), so I don't think I'd be able to cope with it.

EDIT: For the physical part, I'm capable of killing someone.

Last edited:

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Emotionally? It depends on who I'm killing. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Kira.
    Physically speaking, I'd need a weapon, the element of suprise (I'm sneaky), or both. If it got into a real fight my odds would be slim.[/SIZE]

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • To everyone claiming that they're physically incapable of killing... There's a reason why, whenever anyone asks why people obey laws, I respond with "Samuel Colt." I'm not advocating shootings, but as they say, "God made man, Colt made them equal."

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Killing someone is a scary thought and I'd only do it as a last resort, I guess. If an intruder enters my home, I'd either knock him out cold or tie him up and just wait for the police to arrive.

Back