• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU CEREAL?!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I sometimes use the 'cereal' thing. XD But only when I'm being really sarcastic.

Other than that, I never use those kinds of words. I make sound effects, though. XD​

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I often go on a short rambling about something, like how old anime was more awesome or how to play a certain video game or other.

It's been bothering me since I first saw you use it, what's this ITT mean?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Sound effects. Also, if someone's being far too serious, I may ask 'omg super cereal?' with a lisp. That usually lightens the mood.

Also, sound effects.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Sometimes when people say two-word phrases, I combine the individual words to make one super word!
    I can't think of any good ones off the top of my head, though.

I also swap words around to make them backwards, like... I dunno, flying duck to dying fluck. I beg your pardon? I pardon to beg.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    This thread is about malapropisms, not onomatopoeia, Gully :P

I use the phrases "I don't appreciate this." and "You offend me." in place of "wtf?!"

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    malapropism

Main Entry:
    mal·a·prop·ism
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈma-lə-ˌprä-ˌpi-zəm\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Mrs. Malaprop, character noted for her misuse of words in R. B. Sheridan's comedy The Rivals (1775)
    Date:
    1: the usually unintentionally humorous misuse or distortion of a word or phrase ; especially : the use of a word sounding somewhat like the one intended but ludicrously wrong in the context
    2: malaprop
    — mal·a·prop·ist \-ˌprä-pist\ noun

Gymnotide, put that on your post before it is too late.

Commonly, I would sure use "What the fudgewaffles". But besides that, I don't malaprop much.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    ITT: What vocabulary idiosyncrasies and/or malapropisms do you use on a daily basis?

This thread is about malapropisms, not onomatopoeia, Gully :P

I use the phrases "I don't appreciate this." and "You offend me." in place of "wtf?!"

Mmk.....first of all.....WTF do those words mean??

second...based off of the title I assume you are talking about some form of slang....and if thats the case I speak more slang than English in my daily life. I also cuss a lot too if that helps.

Last edited:
    Back