• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you downloading or buying HG/SS?

Download or buy it?

• I'm going to buy it!

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • I'm going to download it!

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

Charamander

The New Fire type gym leader
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    i dunno. I guess i'll do both.
    When it first comes out i'll download it. but when i get the cash i'll go and Buy it.(Mainly for the pokewalker)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Im just going to buy it because I dont really see a point to downloading it. If I buy it, I can use it on the go.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Since I frown upon downloading ROMs of games that aren't even out yet, I'm buying it. Besides I never planned on downloading it anyway.

Last edited:

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    Games from the Pokemon series are the only games I buy. I'll be getting Heart Gold the day it comes out! :D

Façade1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2010
    Only reason I bought a DS. xD

Although if I don't get my Wii then I'll probably just use a flashcard if I don't end up getting Ranch:

I don't believe you can communicate with stuff like PBR and Ranch on the flip side, however - but yes.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'm buying SoulSilver, which I'll be pre-ordering for that Awesome Lugia figure when I go to get the Shiny Pichu from GameStop. I've been waiting for this game since they announced FireRed/LeafGreen.

Not to mention that I'm against emulating roms/isos of any current generation games. I'm only okay with ones for NES-GBA systems, and thats only if they don't have the NES/SNES/GEN/N64/Etc. game you want on the Virtual Console.

Years
    I might download the ROM of it as currently I don't have an operating DS Lite :(. However, I definitely plan to buy it, assuming I buy a DS Lite at some point. While "piracy" isn't bad per se, I definitely enjoy the Pokemon games enough to buy them, assuming I have a DS and money, of course.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I'll also be preordering when I go to the event (if I happen to have the money then). I can't wait to get it.

EDIT: I'm getting SoulSilver.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I'm definately going to buy SoulSilver. Even if I think GSC sucks, HGSS seems awesome.. simply because it has better graphics. :D

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I reserved HeartGold today and after that while still being in the same shopping center I decided to reserve SoulSilver too just for the heck of it. 0.0; Only because I want a legit Teddiursa, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    i buy every pokemon game and i downloaded the J version, and it has the pokewalker! I already pre-ordered it, and it is fully paid off!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've already preordered a version of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I did download the SS with English patch, but never played it. It didn't feel right to do it.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I usually buy the games before I download them, I bought a new DSi just for heartgold :] haha yeah I know Im a month early

Back