• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You Embassed IN REAL LIFE To like Pokemon?

Are You Embarrassed To Like Pokemon In Real Life?

• Yes, sadly

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 63 64.3%

• Total voters

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Luckily for me, I have about 10 friends that live in my neighborhood that like Pokemon just as much as I do.

Haha, we always have tournaments and I always win because they have no clue about IV's, EV's, natures, or good movesets.

So I really don't have to keep it a secret at all.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Not at all :D
    Basically none of my friends IRL like Pokémon, but they know I like it and play the games. I once spent a lunchtime playing Pearl, but that's beside the point.
    If someone was to find out I love Pokémon, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's all part of the package, baby ;D

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Heaps of people know and heaps of people mock me. I don't really give a dam though. There are people that don't care, but nobody my age, near me really shares the passion. That sorta sucks :|

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I used to be in my Primary and early Secondary school years but the I realised It's immature to hide what you truly like so I admitted it and my friends didn't like me any less. I'm glad I have a good set of friends.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I have to admit that I am a little embarassed. Almost none of my friends like Pokemon (one does, but she's not in the same school as me), but I'm still not embarassed to say that I like to play the games. Still, being a big Pokemon fan is different, and I try to keep it a secret. I just don't want to confess that I still tend to watch that childrens' animation and draw Pokemon to my notebooks in school. ^^" I know I shouldn't care about what other people think, but I do. At home I'm a little embarassed too, but at least my Mum just thinks my drawings of pokemon are cute. :3

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    I'm not all that fussed, to be honest. Chances are that those people who would mock me if they knew (I might not be embarrassed, but I don't broadcast the fact that I like Pokemon. Although if it cropped up in a conversation I haven't lied about it) liked Pokemon as well when it was a huge hype. If they want to mock me because I'm not as narrow-minded or shallow as they are in their interests, so be it.

My mother has tried the whole "Aren't you a little old for Pokemon now?" thing on me, as well. Which is EXTREME hypocrisy coming from her, as she's 42 and has played every generation to date, including putting in over five-hundred hours in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

I'm 18. I've liked Pokemon since I first saw the anime and played the games, I grew up with it. I'm not about to stop because some shallow-minded people out there mock it. Screw them.

Years
    Everybody knows that I'm the #1pokemon master in my school and I'm not mocked! Even if I was being mocked I still wouldn't feel emmbarest!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Why do you add sadly behind yes, the answer is just a simple yes. I'm embarrassed about it, but I'm not sad about being embarrassed about it.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Why do you add sadly behind yes, the answer is just a simple yes. I'm embarrassed about it, but I'm not sad about being embarrassed about it.
    It's sad because you shouldn't be embarrassed about liking Pokémon. We should all love the fact we love Pokémon! :D

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    No, im not embaressed to admit to people i like pokemon. But I wouldn't walk up to people and blatently tell them my name, age, blood type ect. so i wont tell people i like pokemon. Most people i know are aware that i like it and they don't care.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Sort of. It's not popular where I go to school. In fact, my family (immediate and extended) were the ones I really got into it with, and I'm pretty much the only one left who still is into it. :-( I can't really share it with anyone, so I come here, to Pokecommunity. :-/

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I love pokemon but my high school can be a dog eat pokemon world

One time, I called a friend I never spoke to in like 5 years cuz he was in my class and when i got to school, he spread it around to everyone..it took like 2 weeks to get that out of the way

I have found select people who like pokemon but they usually play childish games and aren't seen as mature so I don't hang out with them

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    No.

I'm being a Murkrow for Halloween, for Arceus' sake. x3

I brought in a Weavile plushie for testing last year, and I didn't get too much trouble on it. Even when I called him "Winvile". And then there was the big "PMD2 Is Coming Out Soon!" banner I hung up in Homeroom...

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I'm not embarrased - by younger bro thinks it s dumb, tho.

I have 1 friend who likes pokemon DP and he's not that great.

He's like ZOMG HOW THE HECK DID MY LV 100 ARCEUS LOOSE TO YOUR ELECTRODE ZOMG IT HAD JUDGEMENT GIGA DRAIN ICE BEAM AND THUNDERBOLT ZOMG

yeah

but I'm trying to school him about IVs, Evs, etc

His response was to hack a "perfect" team with pokeasav and lose to me agian =/

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    Well, I only play the games, really... Whenever someone decides to try to make jokes about it, I just compare it to games they play and point out the insane amount of strategy that goes into this compared to many other games out there. Sure, younger individuals can play this game, and be good at it, but it's not just for young people for the previous reason I stated, in my opinion. Plus, I used to be into it since I started watching the show, so long ago, and when I got Pokemon Red for Christmas...

Back