• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you ever too old to go trick or treating?

When are you too old to go trick or treating?

• 10-13, trick or treating is boring; girls are interesting

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 14-17, candy would only give you more acne anyways

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 18-21, you better go to bed early you have work in the morning

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • You're never too old to get free candy

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • It's acceptable if you have a little sibling accompanying you

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Counter-question:

Are you ever too young to stay home, play Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (A little vampire-themed arcade shoot 'em up), and get into the mood?

I think not.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    If you are an adult and you go trick or treating you may not get any lollies off people. So I think 17 would be like the last year to do it unless you are accompanying someone.

Years
    I stopped going when I was 15, but that just because I looked a lot older than I actually was, and people actually refused to give me anything. I think that you should go until you're about 16, because I find that people are more inclined to give you candy when you're younger as compared to those who are teenagers, and trick-or-treating is more for children anyways (but if you look young enough, get all the free candy while you can still get away with it!)

Years
    I don't like to go trick or treating anymore. I have my own reason. It's because of my belief/faith/tradition. Well, I'll respect your belief/faith/tradition if you respect mine too.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I'm 16 and I'm going trick or treating this year. Last time I went with my friends we just went in our normal clothes and some of the people got pretty scared to see a group of teenagers in hoods showing up at their doors.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Around here, when you hit thirteen/fourteen, you're expected to do other more mature things for Hallowe'en than trick or treating.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Well, where I live if your older than 13 and trick or treat, they frown upon you, and I stopped when I was 14 :x

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    I think it depends on the person in question, little kids love getting dressed up and going door-to-door and so does bigger kids. But usually once people become preteens they like hanging out with friends and/or tping people's houses. Though there are some that go trick-or-treating in a group of preteens.

And there is an age were the people giving out the candy start giving you "Aren't you too big for this?" looks but some kids still do it. And once you have kids you walk around with them as they get candy and some siblings walk younger siblings.

Me? I believe once your an adult (19 or 20) you should hang up your scary mask and bucket.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i think once you're old enough to get a job and buy your own candy you ought to find another way to celebrate the holiday and back off the little kids' territory. what irks me is preteens that go from house to house in a costume that was obviously thrown together in a matter of minutes demanding candy, ugh, 'kids these days'

Years
    I do think I am too old to Trick or Treat. I never liked the idea of it however.

However, I think after high school/secondary school is too old.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Yes, of course. I only did trick-or-treated once, when I was 8 or 9. After that, I stopped. It's weird to trick-or-treat if you're in HS.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
    I would say that there is a definite age limit to trick or treating. I think that people would be a little weirded out if a bunch of mid aged men came knocking on their door

Back