• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you getting the Game Boy Player?

Are you getting a Game Boy Player?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I already have one.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I prefer emulating the games.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I'm getting a GBA Link to use when Colosseum, Box or any future link games come out.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I have a [IMG]http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/gbasp.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    HDTVs get the most benefit if you have a GCN or Xbox and a component video cable. You can take advantage of progressive scan, and that is so much clearer than normal TVs.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    He meant stay on topic, not to sticky the topic... ^_^;

Years
  • Nah, I don't have enough money. I don't think I do...But I'm going to get a p.s.one and a mini-t.v when Christmas comes with my money. I have about $210 at the moment.
    I guess I probably could get a s.p if I wanted to with that money.

EDIT: Wait a second...What kind of game boy player? The s.p?
    All I have at the moment is a Game boy colour.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    Steve you are probally the oldest person here, so wouldn't it be easy for you to buy an sp? I mean you make more than any of us here right? Oh prolly not ;)

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    I don't know about the Player...I prefer to wait for collisium to come out and just link with that I have the cables anyway...I don't wish to play any other GBA games on a wide screen for such a price...I'll just stick to normal GBA

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well i have GBA, GBA SP, GC, and the Game boy player for GC. I diidnot mean to get all of hten but i got them as Birhtday gifts and X-Mas gifts. I told them i likethat stuff buti diidno tthink that would happen. I'm getting the cables for GBA to play Collosum(sp) and all the other games that need it though.

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    No, I am not going to get it.(why get it if I already have one?)
    I still prefer Emulator.
    Because I can track the pic.
    Play on Emulator > Play on Game Boy Player > Play on GBA SP > Play on GBA

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Bwahaha, I got both the GBA SP (black) and a GBA Player. But I hardly use the player though, I might end up trading it in eventually. Reason is usually I only play my GBA games when I have absoluty nothing else to do at work or if I'm in one of those long plane/car trips. None of which those situations involve me staying at home to make use of the GBA player :\.

pokemon706 said:
    Steve you are probally the oldest person here, so wouldn't it be easy for you to buy an sp? I mean you make more than any of us here right? Oh prolly not ;)
    Correction, I think I'm the oldest member here... ok, probably more like oldest active member:P.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Arwen said:
    No, Gamecube games are better than GBA games... :P
    Not fundamentally. I think the GBA is one of the top platforms, outselling even the PS2. It has a lot of solid games that can focus more on gameplay, since the graphics are less of a concern. Easy multiplayer rand linking with the GCN adds to the fun. Not to mention portability and a nice interface.

Back