• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you going to college?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm currently enrolled in community college because it's a lot cheaper than public universities. Once I've done all I can do here, I'm transferring to a university to finish my degree plan. If you live in the U.S. where expensive tuition abounds, that's definitely the way to go if you didn't obtain scholarships/grants in high school. ;P

I'm majoring in Civil Engineering with a minor in Architecture. I really don't know why I chose those paths other than because my high school guidance counselor said they would be good fits for my natural aptitude for math, science, and design, but I guess it will be fun to be in charge of designing huge urban skyscrapers of the future. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm going to college, but I am in Britain and the colleges here are quite different from the ones in America. People typically attend school until they are 16, then they have a variety of choices; I chose college because it's the most academic option there is, I'm not really interested in learning a trade (plumbing, welding etc.) and the current economy means there are literally zero jobs for school leavers unless I want to spend the rest of my life cleaning streets.

So I'm taking a 2 year A-Level course studying history, English language & literature, sociology and 'critical thinking', the latter being assessing evidence, argument techniques and other similar things. Sociology and critical thinking are a walk in the park because they're simply based on common sense. History and English take a bit more effort, but I think I should be getting good grades in those too.

As for university, I will probably be going to one after college. I don't really want to, and I have no idea what to study; but much like getting a job after leaving school, it's near impossible to get a decent job unless you have university level qualifications.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I am going to go to college. My parents have a college acount for me.

I don't know what I'm going to major in though.

Ayselipera

Not yet, but I will be.

If you chose not to go, why?
    I don't want to go because I feel like I'm just wasting an extra four years in another school. I really want to move on, get a real job, and live my life, but I have to go anyways so whatever.

What is your major?
    I'm more clueless now about what I want to do than I was when I was five. Funny how that works out. So I have no idea now and I probably won't have any idea then either!

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2011
    I'm not going to college. I'm going right into the military a little after high school.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Are you going to college, or are you already in college? Why?
    Going to cheap college. Part-time for one year, then a two-year program. I've basically got it all paid for already by my grandpa.

What is your major?
    Something in the computer science field, idk.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years

I am currently dorming at Rowan University. I waned to go away to college so I could learn to be independent. I love to learn and discover new things so college is very exciting for me. I want to be an author and I know that college will supply me with the kind of knowledge and experience I will need when I enter the writing market.

What is your major?

Writing Arts <3

Years
    I attended college for three semesters, but dropped out due to lack of funds. Unless I magically get enough money to pay off my school and can manage enough loans to actually afford college, I'll go back. Until then, I'll just work.

This thread just depresses me. All you guys going "you can't get a ~real~ job until you get a college degree." I'm so screwed. :(

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    I'm not going to college. I'm going to go to University in almost a year and a half. I'm hoping I'll get into the University of Waterloo because it's one of the best universities for what I might study. I'm not exactly sure what I want to study, but it'll either be computer science or physics (both are logic based courses so I really like them and they're easy). :3

I'm going to have to get a job soon and start saving up so I can pay the fees. I'm eligible for a scholarship, but $2000 isn't a lot when you look at the grand scheme of things.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Im heading off to college this fall. Yay no more highschool! But Im enjoying every minutes of whats left of my senior year. Im going to major in computer science so I can be of a use in the US Marines after I graduate from college. Yes im also going to be a NROTC nerd in college. Yay!

:D

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    Are you going to college, why?
    I am, soon.

What is your major?
    Major in Accounting, well my aunt will be able to help me, which is far more important. I also do like math.

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
    YES! I think it would be best if I did. Its one of my goals in life
    What is your major?
    No idea yet

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Australia has university instead of college, but yes I'm going!

In fact, my very first day was today! My major is screen and cultural studies as well as media and communications (double major for the win). At the moment, I am very much liking the look of the film industry and a job within that, but I'm still pretty unsure of what I want to do as a career or whatever. :P

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i am currently in the university of arizona studying english and thinking of picking up education as well

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Are you going to [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]college[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], or are you already in college? Why?
    That would be the ideal plan here. Always has been something that I've strived to achieved. I want to go, because I want to be able to get a good job. A good job that I also can help people through. I want people to be able to recognize my certification and be able to hire me for their tasks etcetc. College has just always been my goal, it can get you so much farther in life. Not to mention the fact that you can actually get a good job, and get way smarter, but you also develop some social skills, you make life long friends, and most of all have fun. Not gonna lie, if college wasn't supposed to have some degree of fun to it, I don't think I would want to go.

If you chose not to go, why?
    If I don't go, then it will be one of two reasons. The first reason being that I just can't afford it, and no matter through whatever financial aid I can scrape together, the price is just too steep for me. The other one would be if I got in any serious/life-threatening accidents, or got engaged in some extreme plan of one sort or another. The first option would probably be the most plausible, but I'm not going to just give up and go out without trying, though. I'm gonna put in an effort to achieve.

What is your major?
    I want to major in something that I can use to help people later on in life. When it comes down to it, the two things that I'd most want to major in would be either Medical or Law. I haven't really decided which one, although I am leaning toward the Medical. I know that I also plan to minor in English.

Back