• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Years
  • Iv been going out with my special someone for a year now and i know its true love!
    it may not seem like long but i stay with them 6 times a week!

Years
  • Personally, I do think I'm gonna marry my boyfriend one day. Even though we've only been together for only 3 months, he's everything I've ever wanted. We both love Star Wars, we both love Animé (We're wading our way through many series atm), we both love Pokémon, we had this sort of click and we couldn't live without each other. He gets really sad if I'm away from him even for two hours, and so do I. We spend pretty much all day, every day together and we're yet to have a major fight. He's the first person, other than my best friend who is transgender himself, who HASN'T told me "You're a girl" when I've come out to them about being transgender. And well, I don't want anyone else, nor do I need anyone else, and it's the same way with him. He knows all my likes and dislikes, all of my fears and he protects me from the bad stuff in the world as best he can :)

I know I'm young, but really, it's just like I know he's the one. He's never weirded out by anything I do, like most people and he really does love me. This is the first time I've properly felt like I could believe and trust that someone DOES actually love me. Not only is he my boyfriend but he's one of my best friends too. I never stop thinking about him, and I doubt things will go badly between us. I could say things like "Nobody understands the connection between us" but, if you're in love, you do. I don't think I could ever be happier.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • i really dunno to be honest, what with everybody you ask giving you a different definition....taking all i've heard into account, when i break things down, i come to two conclusions...one, love is really only a deep form of obsession and two love is overrated...i don't see it as all that special and i think it's basically just another mechanism to stimulate reproduction, not very different from lust or attraction though people love to think it is...

having said that, power to all the people who've been loved and have someone to love, coz whilst it's not the most amazing thing in the word (i think virtue is), it's still a damn good feeling, or so i hear :P

Years
  • I've had.....interests in the past, and I have a few now. Why I've never been on a date in my life? Here's why(don't read this if you don't wanna be here a while).

1. I don't do sports(I suck at ALL of them), so that immediately eliminates I have with any of the popular, hot girls.

2. I'm okay looking, but TBH I doubt I'm handsome enough for consideration.

3. When it gets right down to it, I'm a ****ing coward when it comes to asking for dates. I hate to think of how many oppurtunities may've slipped through my fingertips because of it.

4. I'm incredibly shallow in that I just wouldn't be able to do well with a girl that's, shall we say, not so hot.

5. I've heard rumors that some of the hot girls do things I am vehemently against(mainly smoking pot). Of course, me with no invitations to parties where this stuff supposedly happens, I have no concrete evidence.

6. My experiences have ravaged me far too greatly. Starting back in 3rd grade a handful of the now-hot girls started bullying me pretty constantly. This continued through to 7th grade, but I gave up on reporting it long before. I had a few people on my side when it started(almost starting a social "war"), but eventually my support wavered. To finish me off, nearly EVERYONE else that hadn't already bashed me finished me off in middle school and annihilated my chances at any dates. That stuff was ages ago, and I'm trying to forget, but I still carry all the bitterness, all that rage....

So yeah, if you imagine a chick magnet, with one attracting pole and one repelling, to put it bluntly, I'm the repelling. In my current state, I'd feel sorry for any girl that gets romantically involved with me.
    *ends story that no one cares about and seeks psychological counseling*

I'm sorry to say this, but only if the girl is "super hot"? I don't pity you on that part. However, number 7 should give you a heads up. Learn from your mistakes, and please date a girl for personality, not just looks. And really? Screw sports. Most girls would prefer someone to talk to rather than someone who spits out American Football player stats like no tomorrow and even memorizes them.

Popular girls are overrated, and most of them are dumb and only talk about reality shows, shopping, and celebrity gossip. You wouldn't like that, either.

I feel like I am...but whenever I try to talk to my boyfriend, it's always "whatever" or "I don't care".

My friend Jon said if he won't listen to me and he doesn't care, he isn't worth my time.

But when I kiss him, it's amazing(:

I really don't know. I'm in love with my iPod and my cell phone...just not totally with a person XD

Then that's just physical attraction, your friend is right. I'm not saying you should break up with him. All I'm going to say that it will not work in the long run.

Kauai

New Look, New me ~ ;D
    Years
  • Mmmm.

I've never been in love myself, however I did have a situation where someone else told me they loved me, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I lied. I expressed this fact to one of my friends and asked for her help on how to handle the situation and she then proceeded to go tell the guy behind my back after I made them to swear not to. Long story short: Ended with me having two less friends.

Jakealot

A whole lot of Jake
    Years
  • Love...love is awesome. Cept it sucks A LOT when you break up with someone you love. I think i've been in love, i'm not sure. I might be in love now. What does it really mean to be in love?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I've been dating the most wonderful girl for almost 6 months now, and I've never been happier. I think it's going to last into college, and maybe even longer than that. I know the statistics say that that doesn't happen to most teenagers, but I have a feeling we're an exception.

The main thing is that we can talk to each other about anything. We have our share of differences, usually about politics or religion, but we never just let them sit by the wayside. We discuss them, and we learn to understand why the other thinks that way, and even if we still disagree, I feel we come out stronger as a couple. She's always there for me when I need her, and I do the same for her.

Also, we were platonic friends before we started going out, and even then I think we understood each other more than we did other people. I had a crush on her back then, but I don't think it would have been right to call it "love." I think love is something that grows over time, and is more resilient than physical attractions. That being said, I do love her dearly, and I know she feels the same way.

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
  • I know I'll always love my ex. Even if he was rude and hit me a lot. ;__; He was the most important person in my life. Well, not more important than my mom. BUT ANYWAY .. He stayed with me the longest. Though all of my crap and what not. &We had just gotten done celebrating out 1 y. 1/2 m. together. I'm sure I'll crush on someone else later on, and so will he. But im all hurt from it. He made me cry so hard when we broke up. I couldn't smile for the longest time. But eventually i got through that. We're still really close buds. &We still hang out. We just don't kiss or anything like that.

I'm trying to move on.
    So no. I'm single.
    But i do love him. There's no passed tense of love. If you love someone at some point. You don't ever stop. The feelings are still there. If you get over it just like that, without even thinking about it again, you were never in love.

BAHHH.

ifeelso..smart.
    &relieved.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Chiku, I think it's better that he broke up with you, regardless the fact he was with you the longest.

If he hit you and disrespected you, there's a huge gap in understanding what a relationship is. A man or a woman should never physically abuse their partner. If they do, they don't care for you enough for it even to be dubbed "love". Not to mention, when you find your partner, you love them more than your parents themselves, and in a different way. If ever you were to choose between your lover and your parent(s), it should be almost automatic to say your lover. You can regret at the same time, sure, but a true love would be you giving up everything you hold dear (and vice-versa) in order to save that other person, even your own life if need be (but let's hope it doesn't come to that!)

Just some advice :s

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
  • Th-thanks. ;__;
    That's basically what other people have told me. I've just been too stubborn to really listen to all of it. I think I should just stick to school and stuff, im sure love will find me better that way..

Again, thank youuu, Yusshin.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    actually yes- we've even kissed before- you know that random with all our friends, they run off, she pulls me back thing? the only reason i'm not dating her is because you can't love someone until you love yourself- and i have a while to go until i come to terms with myself

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Th-thanks. ;__;
    That's basically what other people have told me. I've just been too stubborn to really listen to all of it. I think I should just stick to school and stuff, im sure love will find me better that way..

Again, thank youuu, Yusshin.

Glad to help. Everyone has been given a special someone somewhere in the world. It's finding that person that's the tough part. Some people are lucky and find that person; some are unlucky and never do. You may even cross paths and not even know it. Let's hope you're one of the lucky ones who do find their "soul mate" at some point :]

Just remember that if they hit you intentionally, it's automatically obvious that they're not the one for you :| It's just another idiot who thinks violence proves he's the alpha male, or that violence is all right against women. Violence is never all right, and there is absolutely no reason for a grown male to hit a grown female, or a grown female to hit a grown male for that matter. I say "grown" because parents have every right to spank rebellious kids under the age of eight'ish; an individual who isn't a parent should never hit you, and a parent shouldn't after the age of eight.

Sometimes people think that it won't happen again or that it can be "fixed", but if they've already resorted to violence, something's wrong with them psychologically. Hitting is never, never the answer, and there is absolutely no excuse - "under the effect", alcohol, anger, confusion, etc. are examples of well-known excuses that are not valid whatsoever. If they can't control themselves, then they don't deserve any better than a woman who's violent against them. Of course, don't become that kind of woman purposefully. That guy'll get what's coming to him later.

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
  • ^ ^; ...I am in Love.
    I truly am. My hubby is really an amazing guy. >u<;
    He'll flip forwards, backwards, sideways, he'd do anything for me.
    The greatest thing about it, is that he truly loves me back.
    I know it's not fake, it's real and I can feel it!

We've been together for 2 years now (almost 3.)
    It's been one bumpy ride! But things are starting to settle down...Which is nice. ^ ^;
    I think it will be nice to take care of him for the rest of my life...He has a hard life, and I want to be there for him, and give him the life he's never had. D:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    yes i am in love, and im currently dating the woman of my dreams, im the luckiest man on earth <3
    and i cant wait til our wedding, hopefully this summer ^_^ (you know women they LOVE to plan for months lol)

Norisom

Oh hai der
    Years
  • I wouldn't call it love but I do kinda like someone. I think she might like me aswell but im not sure. Even though I am constantly critisised in front of her she still gives me that smile and still talks about me in positive ways to her friends. I will probably end up getting braces or something in the future so that will probably turn her off and there will be no special friend for me -_-

Flipnotic

shroomylove.blogspot.com
    Years
  • im happily in love :) we have our own apartment n been together for a little over 3 years..we kind of built our own little family lol we have two dogs we raised :p
    they're our babies lol, since i dont plan on having children til after college which ill be about 25-26 yrs old by that time.
    we're highschool sweethearts lol n go to college together now ^.^

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Love is cool. But I'm not in love. I'm only 14. But I do have a crush on this one guy. Asked him out but he said no because hes still getting over his last relationship. Could be true, but most likely just a polite way of saying no LOL. But yeah, i think I have a long road ahead of me before I actually fall in love

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

• Exactly! I swear, relationships aren't all about sex -.-
    Our generation of people can be completely naive sometimes, it makes me a bit sad..
    I agree with you completely.

Relax. People who do that that early in life are just saying publicly to those of us who are smarter that they are not smart enough, or lack the self control over themselves, to make the correct decision.

Yeah, I realize that's harsh, but if you want a love life that isn't going to fall apart you have to push hard and put your standards high if you want to maximize your chances.

The one thing that bugs me about this is that it seems to be aimed at those of us that only have enough "love" for one person.

Yeah, I'm in love, that's for sure. There's rarely a time I'm not feeling love for someone.

Back