• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I have a pretty big crush on someone, but I wouldn't say I'm in love. It takes a bit more before that happens.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Nah, not at the moment.

I seem to have terrible luck at love though, but then again, I guess a ton of people do.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Yeah, i'm sure that even those you think of as sex machines have very bad luck, it's a tricky business.

Well yeah, like, for those people who actually are too. Having a one night stand or something is one thing, but actually finding someone who you can build a solid relationship with is something entirely different.

Years
  • Yeah, i know, but like Dracowyn said, a one night stand and someone you can build a solid relationship with are two different things.

I was never talking about one night stands xD
    It's just human nature that people are more inclined to interact with people they find attractive, so generally speaking it is much easier for attractive people to meet people and develop romantic relationships.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • The thing is, what is being attractive? That's something thats subjective, even on terms of looks. And even if you have the most dazzling look of all people, if you're a huge dick I doubt you'll often find someone either, unless it's someone who doesn't have a great personality either.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I don't see it that way, because when you have too much experience in relationships you become more selective, and at some point no one will be good enough for you, i've seen that.

as someone with a lottt of relationship experience, i can vouch that this is actually not that true.. at least, not in the way you're wording it.

being selective tends to come with bad relationships regardless of how many you've had, because you start learning the signs and signals others give as premonition to possible bad behavior. it's easier to point out bad seeds with experience, and definitely helps with avoiding future problems. people don't become selective because "no one is good enough"... perhaps too many people are simply bad at relationships.

Years
  • yes obviously... this is my wife

Spoiler:

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • i like this guy and he's ruining my life right now, kind of. we've met up a few times and "watched netflix" (we really just made out for the longest time + got really intimate) i can't really say i love him considering we've only known each other for a couple of months, but feelings can change over time.

Years
  • i was recently, but looks like i gotta get over it because i pushed them away by doing something stupid.... meh oh well that's life i guess

live & learn

pkmin3033

God, I hope not - I have enough on my plate to deal with; adding something as complicated as that to it. Hypothetically speaking, if I WAS in love, I probably wouldn't recognise it, if I did I wouldn't admit it to myself, and if I was forced to admit it to myself I would then do my utmost to rid myself of it in whatever way worked.

There are currently two people I'm very, very attached to. But I wouldn't say I was in love with them. Especially since one is happily married, and if I brought up the topic with the other one they'd probably think I'd finally gone insane...at the very least. Imagining the conversation we'd have about it following a confession - or even a "what if?" scenario - makes me mentally recoil. That's an emotional minefield I really do not want to step into.

So, no. Nope. Definitely not.

Back