• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to the Royal Wedding? Or are you waiting for it to be over?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I looked forward to it. Come on, they're royals. Who's seen a live royal wedding in their lifetime before, well I have now :D

Anyway, the whole monarchy thing seems outdated to me. Do we still need kings and queens in the day and age?

I wish the couple a long, happy, king, generous, godly and peaceful life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is the 21st century we are living in now. I would have thought people would have let go of the idea that being born into a certain family makes someone more respectable than others.

The royals are no different to celebrities now. Except they haven't actually shown any talent or done anything to deserve their fame and fortune unlike (most) celebrities. I quite like Queen Elizabeth and Prince Andrew's family; but as for Charles and company, I could not care less.

Still waiting for the day when a royal decides to have a cheap, normal wedding and donate the millions to charity instead; maybe then I'd show them some respect.
    But on top of that, everyone gets the day off, so there's an economical loss as well. Apparently about £5 billion lost. What a joke.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I forgot to add that I was expecting more from this wedding. I've heard some of you guys say it was expensive, it didn't look so expensive to me. There wasn't any amazing display, it was sort of drab.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Waiting for it to be over. It's over now, right?

I honestly can't wait for it to end. I mean, it's not that im annoyed with them getting married, im annoyed with all the pointless coverage about it. All the news stations when you turn on the tv are talking about it 24/7, it's really annoying, and there are issues in America that are more important that should be discussed on the news besides this wedding.

Yeah...I'm happy for them and all, but it is just a wedding! No wedding warrants this much seemingly incessant coverage, especially, as others have said, when there are much more newsworthy events occurring today. I kind of feel bad, though, as all the dislike seems a tad bit insensitive...imagine surfing the Internet on your wedding day, only to find out millions of people are saying "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR WEDDING; SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY". :( I guess the fault is more of the networks - they're the ones responsible for the annoying mass amount of coverage of the event.

Being a Brit, I can honestly say:
    People ONLY give damn because we get a day off...

You get a national holiday for a wedding? 0_0 News to me. Also, a holiday for a simple grandiose wedding kind of glorifies this thing to a disgusting degree. :x

I can not explain my anger toward our THREE major networks dedicating prime-time to that stupid wedding.

I'm as happy for the couple as I am for any other who are getting married. No more, no less. Well, maybe a bit less since the extra bank holiday is going to put a fairly solid dent in the economy... and the endless coverage... and the irritating party further up the road... now that I think about it, SCREW THE WEDDING!

I don't even know how many U.S. networks were covering the event live... :\ It's annoying that taxpayers will have to assist in paying for the thing, though - if you want a wedding, the expenses should be paid for from your own pocket, not the pockets of people in your comminuity. Isn't the British Royal Family rich enough to pay for the darn thing themselves? >:[

Here in Germany, six TV stations broadcasted that wedding live apparently, four of them being major ones. And in the newspaper, the front pages of both the politics and the entertainment sections were entirely used up by irrelevant trivia about the wedding; it seriously would have belonged onto the gossip page. I mean, come on, If that isn't ridiculous, what is is then?

Ridiculous, indeed. That reminds me of how I saw three out of the four frontpage Yahoo! main results dedicated to the darn wedding. And the wedding has its own website. -_- There was also some minor link that seemed so trivial, and it annoyed me...can't recall it at the moment. It's even more aggravating when it's obvious what the networks should be covering/doing, yet they insist and persist on covering this supposed "extravagant" event as our words fall on deaf ears.

I looked forward to it. Come on, they're royals. Who's seen a live royal wedding in their lifetime before, well I have now :D

Anyway, the whole monarchy thing seems outdated to me. Do we still need kings and queens in the day and age?

I wish the couple a long, happy, king, generous, godly and peaceful life.

Eh...come to think of it...I haven't actually seen a live "royal" wedding before. Darn it. I could've been a part of history! Crap, who knows how long I'll have to wait for a similar event? T_T

This is the 21st century we are living in now. I would have thought people would have let go of the idea that being born into a certain family makes someone more respectable than others.

The royals are no different to celebrities now. Except they haven't actually shown any talent or done anything to deserve their fame and fortune unlike (most) celebrities. I quite like Queen Elizabeth and Prince Andrew's family; but as for Charles and company, I could not care less.

Still waiting for the day when a royal decides to have a cheap, normal wedding and donate the millions to charity instead; maybe then I'd show them some respect.
    But on top of that, everyone gets the day off, so there's an economical loss as well. Apparently about £5 billion lost. What a joke.

This, this, a thousand times this! - mostly your first paragraph, though. But I share very similar sentiments pertaining to your other paragraphs. :cer_nod:

Are you looking forward to the Royal Wedding? Or are you waiting for it to be over?

Also, I'm a bit pissed at Google. We can't have a international Google Doodle to celebrate the widely-known and celebrated St. Patrick's Day because they have to be "politically correct", yet they can erect an international Doodle for an event that only pertains to one freaking country, and an event that's not very notable for the most part at that - it's a freaking wedding.
    Not to mention that Google was a company founded in America, and they didn't even have the decency to post a Doodle for our most recent U.S. Presidential Inauguration, a relevant event that could said to have been of equivalent importance as the 2011 April Royal Wedding. Some priorities they have there... :\ If they're going to restrict St. Patrick's Day to Ireland, today's global Doodle should have been restricted to Britain. Ridiculous. :cer_pissed:

I have to admit, Kate Middleton looks stunning in her wedding dress. Very beautiful, indeed. ^^

Anyway, best wishes to the newlyweds of Britain! ^_^

(and if anything, Pokemon deserves as much coverage as this wedding has. At least it teaches children - and adults - life lessons, whereas this wedding has taught that weddings do not need this much coverage by the media, nor the cost associated with this event..)

Well...at least I earned a free souvenir mug on RuneScape to commemorate the event, with some confetti and a bubble maker, to boot. :D
    What kind of people wake up 4AM in the morning in America just to watch a live wedding?

Last edited:
    Years
    I forgot to add that I was expecting more from this wedding. I've heard some of you guys say it was expensive, it didn't look so expensive to me. There wasn't any amazing display, it was sort of drab.
    More like hearing the priest repeat "in the name of whatever" over 9000 times.

As for prince William.. you've disappointed me, son. With all the money you probably have you could have got someone more pretty.

At least Kate's dress was pretty. I only viewed it because one of my friends said you could see one of her boobs through the dress.

Also, I don't know what people are complaining for. The media was always superhyped about crap like Big Brother or any other "I thought about it while doing my needs" program there is.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    At least we have a few reasons to ignore it (provided we lacked some before)... >_>

Spoiler:

Last edited:

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
    I watched all over of the wedding and Princess Kate is beautiful with her dress :D They look loved each other when on the father's front.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, I saw the whole live coverage yesterday, it was amazing. Kate looked amazing, I'm glad she didn't over do it though.

Also,

Favo

Oh, and the Queen -

Back