• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you picky about your team members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I guess I'm a little picky. I have to always have a Fire, Water, or Electric Pokemon...or at least someone who can learn Flamthrower, Surf, and Thunderbolt and be decent with it. And I usually go for fast Pokemon that look slender. I feel uncomfortable when I have large Pokemon (Blastoise, Venusaur, and Torterra, I'm looking at you). And I don't like having too many defensive Pokemon either. Umbreon is an exception, since it's my favorite, haha. Oh, and once I have my six members, I don't change them. Very rarely have I changed my party, or raised something and then decided to scrap it. It usually only happens when it's my first time playing a new region (so it'll probably happen to me in BW).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Not usually. When I first play through a new game, I just pick ones I like based on their sprite. Then when I play through another time, that's when I pick out ones that I think will be good for a competitive team. And if I'm playing through one like Ruby for the 400th time just so I can get something to migrate over, I try and pick ones I've never used before.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I tend to be picky, yes. I only really like to have my favourites in my teams. And then when I feel like replacing one (I love my PKMN y'know) I feel bad and it takes me ages to decide.. xD; I don't really know what I'm going to be like by the time B/W comes around.

M. Dent

Trial Triangle
    Years
  • Uhm, somewhat. My team has to be made of cute/cool looking Pokemon and I'm dead serious. I've stopped my starter from evolving into its final stage because it was ugly *cough* Torterra *cough*

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • I guess so. I'll NEVER have two attacking moves of the same type EVER! I'll never have two pokemon of the same type either, escept for Shoddy and PO. so, if you want to call me picky, that;s fine. But personally, I don't think I'm too picky!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yes. I like my Grass, Fire and Water. I choose Pokemon I like. I dump only HM Slaves. I try to train more than 6 Pokemon I like (after Elite 4).

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Oh sure. I never have two Pokemon in my team that are the same type. Except when I do a monotype team.

And I like checking out my team's base stats before I make them to make sure there isn't one that's far more/less powerful than the others.

Quirky

The satellites are down..
    Years
  • I prefer the beauty and gracefulness of Pokemon. So no cute Pokemon, no ugly Pokemon, no 'cool' Pokemon. I like to use naturally beautiful Pokemon such as Gardevoir, Linoone, Milotic and Dragonair.
    I once did a run with Pokemon that I'd never used before, I have a new found respect for Vileplume, Huntail and Drapion now, even if they aren't the prettiest of monsters.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My in-game teams are always constructed of 1 grass-, 1 fire-, 1 water-, 1 electric-, 1 flying-, and 1 ground-type pokemon. If I manage to get overlap between those six types, the last spots go to whatever dark/poison/ghost/bug tickle my fancy. XD

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I guess I'm quite picky. One condition I have for my team members is there shouldn't be multiple Pokemon with the same type. An exception would be when two Pokemon have the same type, but they are dual typed and the second types don't match. I also usually pick Pokemon that can evolve (the only exception I can think of being Heracross... so far), though I can't really explain why. I suppose it could be because I (still) get excited whenever a Pokemon evolves? :B

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Yes, I'm picky. I always need a grass type on the team, I tend to avoid HM Slaves, and I always need some Pokémon that could learn HMs in a useful way, not just for outside. Additionally, I try to add in Pokémon that I like better than others, so for example, if Skitty or Purugly (I hate them, no offense) or whatnot had all 999s for its stats, I still wouldn't put it in my team. So yeah, that's how picky I am.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Well, I always keep my starter to the end. I also usually grab an electric type, and a flying type. I go with pokemon that I love, like Misdreavus and Ralts and Starmie. I love special attacks.

Years
  • Me too. I keep my starters toward the end of the game. I just changed my team to an awesome ou team. Unfortantly my team isn't finished yet.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I am very picky. I chose from a list of my favorites, and there can not be two of the same type on my team. And if I can, try to get a few pokemon with two types.
    i can care less about stats and things, but I always plan my team around the gyms and the elite four. That's just so I can have at least one pokemon with a type or a move that is super effective against the opposing team. It seems to work for me.

However, as of recent, every team I have ever used have been basically the same pokemon. I even traded my Platinum team to HeartGold, haha.

But basically here's how my team usually is:
    Grass type
    Water type/might have a psychic move if it can learn it, like golduck for example.
    Electric type
    Ice type/learn psychic if it can
    Fire type
    Flying

And usually my pokes learn moves like bite or other non-same type moves just in case.

I really dislike using any type of dragon and ground pokemon on my team. Don't know why I dislike ground so much, I guess it's because I love water a lot and I feel like ground sucks except compared to an electric type. Dragons? I hate the whole lot of them. I don't like having an over powerful team. And they not eye pleasing to me either, except for the first two forms of the Dragonite family.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Oh God yes. I HAVE to have Pokemon who have different colors. If any one Pokemon is the same color as another on my team, I get rid of the one I like least. Also, a Pokemon where Attract would be appropriate for it. Like Bellossom or Gardevoir. I need cute Pokemon, no matter what. Also, one Pokemon that specializes in each stat. Like Sunflora for Sp.atck, Feraligatr for Atck, Aggron for Def, etc etc.
    I am a VERY picky person for Pokemon.

Years
  • Oh, yes. I am EXTREMELY picky about my team. X_X
    I'll just list examples of the pickiness. x3

1. Must have 3 males and 3 females (NO GENDERLESS POKEMON)
    2. Can't have the same personality or characteristic (whatever the second thingy is xD)
    3. Can't be of the same type (even if it doesn't share any weaknesses)
    4. Must always have nicknames, and the nicknames can't start with the same letter (stupid, I know x33)
    5. All team members must have at least ONE non attacking move (like a Defense lowering move, status changing move, etc.)
    6. Each team member must have at least slightly different colors (I like a colorful team, y'know? :B)
    7. Each team member must specialize in different stats (like one speedy Pokemon, defensive Pokemon...)
    8. Must ALWAYS have a flyer Pokemon and a surfing Pokemon (I don't do HM slaves)

And that's pretty much it... I can be very picky. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I am quite fussy about my team:

1. One Electric-type, one Water-type, and one Ground-type must be included.
    2. Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Earthquake must be included.
    3. The starter must stay on the team.
    4. No overlapping types if possible, only exception was a pure Normal and a Normal/Flying for Soul Silver.
    5. If available, a cat-like Pokemon must be included (yes, this meant I suffered with Delcatty in R/S/E and Purugly in Pearl).
    6. Said cat Pokemon must be female.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm picky about my Pokemon team. These are the main criteria:
    -Must be male, if possible; only will accept females if it takes a while to find a male with good stats/ability, has a higher female ratio, or the species is female exclusive
    -Starter stays on the team no matter what.
    -No HM slaves
    -HM moves are to be distributed among team members

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I'm a little picky, I guess.

I always keep my starter unless I'm doing a challenge.
    If I think a Pokemon looks boyish, it has to be a male. If it's girlish, it has to be a girl.
    I always have a member who can Fly, and a member who can Surf. The other HMs I don't care about. :P
    I always like to use a variety of types, and I want to like the way every team member looks. The only exception is if I'm going through and specifically using Pokemon I've never used before.
    I never use legendaries or pseudo-legendaries on my in-game teams.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I'm picky in a different way. If I want a said pokemon, and to me that pokemon looks girly, I have to wait for ages till I can catch a girl. Similar things when it looks like a boy, I have to wait till I catch a boy. This is why I like the fact that most starters are male, cus to me, most of the starters look like they should be guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back