• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you satisfied with your appearance?

Years
  • Some of my teeth have uneven lengths, my eyes are slanted, and my nose is too narrow. Other than that, I guess that I'm decent. I am pretty sensitive about my appearance to be honest

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • Clothed yes, Naked - eeehhhh

I don't think anyone will ever be 100% satisfied with their body, at least not until you can make your own to specified designs.

I could go to lose some tummy pudge but I don't want to follow the eating patterns that would lead to suuuuch.

(Besides, I'm building muscle anyways.)

Bay

Years
  • I looked much younger than my current age, so that gets frustrating under some situations where sometimes you won't be taken seriously. I remember also getting comments from family and friends how I got chubbier despite my tiny size, so that led me to being unhappy with my body for a long while (and still am today).

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I'd say so, even if sometimes I feel genuinely ugly. I'm a vain person, so I'm really sensitive about my appearance - I wish I was more ethereal, and not quite so thin. But I can't complain that much, I've been complimented on the way I look many times. But of course, that's usually due to the fact that I dress nicely often, so I'm sure that doesn't actually have much to do with how I naturally look.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I dislike myself in many aspects. One of the most visceral and painful dislikes is that of my physical form.

Though I'm well-aware that I'm not really that ugly when compared to others, because I find human beings in general to be ugly creatures except for special occasions, I still am highly unsatisfied. I don't really want to look like an ugly human. Unless I looked like an anime or Final Fantasy character, which is the only form of human I find consistently appealing. Or some kind of anthropomorphic canine/felinelike creature. That is absolutely impossible in reality.

For things that I can actually fix, I absolutely hate my hair. It is the focal point of everything I loathe about my physical appearance, because it is the main manifestation of my race. I don't mean to offend anyone with this and I do envy you if you're proud of your ethnicity's aesthetics, but I'd rather be Caucasian than what I am now. I find the appearance of my race to be unappealing. I just want straight hair.

The most I've managed consistently using hair product alone is to get it more wavy. But it's this curly mess still and God, I hate it SO much. I can't even do much with it though because my stupid facial features aren't made to fit with many other hairstyles. Even when I have straightened it in the past, it just looked... wrong somehow. I've even tried wearing wigs. Still didn't look right. I only hope I can find the right hairstyle one day to fit with my stupid face. I'm going to try to straighten it again though, because that is what I've always wanted.

Also, I do struggle at times with my weight. I'm not really fat or chubby, but that's because I'm working hard on keeping it that way. Because I don't go out or move around much (or have much way of doing so other than Wii U Fit), it is intensely difficult to keep it down without starving myself a bit. I have to constantly regulate my food intake so I don't become more unappealing to myself than I already am. Right now, it's fluctuating up and down, and that's leaving me really nervous.

Aesthetics are just really important to me. I want to look the way I feel reflects my personality. The way that is most appropriate to me. And this current discrepancy is immensely disturbing. I feel the body hate within me everyday, the shame of leaving the house looking the way I do, but not having time to properly get dressed up... uck.

In other words, I am an obsessive mess with low self-esteem.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've never been satisfied with my appearance and I don't think I ever will.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I don't think anyone will ever be 100% satisfied with their body, at least not until you can make your own to specified designs.

I agree.

I have many things I want to change on me but I accept myself. I mean, it could be worst and I know.
    I would love to have better clothes tho. But ya know, money.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm not satisfied one bit with my appearance. Besides being a bit overweight, trying to get my appearance as right as possible is almost impossible because of something else being wrong with it.

Years
  • I don't really care but there are some physical features that annoy me. I can't change those so I won't dwell on it.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Not really. I think I'm very unattractive. Everyone else I've ever met seems to HIGHLY disagree, though. I get called "adorable" a lot and it gets on my nerves. I'm 17, not 10, I don't want to be "adorable".

Years
  • Being in a relationship, I'm really in a place where I can let myself go. I'm not beautiful or anything, but I have nothing to complain about for my purposes.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm ok with how I look I guess. Except that I'm gonna be more bald than Captain Picard by the time I'm 23. I think I am unattractive but would probably think so less if I had thicker hair.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i think i'm pretty decent, ofc i have some features that i don't necessarily care for but then again who doesn't? i'd rather focus on my better features than dwell on the things i can't change.

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    hmm i could ask for a few things

long razor sharp fangs, claws, wings for arms... but this is pretty cool too. :')

Back