• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you serious?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Here post your are you serious moments. (or alternatively WTF moments)

I got to the contest stage yesterday only to discover that pokeblocks are made automatically now. seriously? It was one of my favourite things to do in the old ruby/sapphire :(.

also mauveville......

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • My biggest annoyance in the game has been mentioned numerous times on this site already. But I'll bite and repeat them.

1. No saving between Rayquaza and Deoxys. With a battle and multiple cut scenes. Was so frustrating.
    2. Lati@s megas look terrible compared to there original versions.

As I never played the original (played parts on emulators) I quite enjoyed Mauville. It broke up the norm for the Pokemon world which doesn't really ever happen. Game Freak can be a little stagnet with their ideas.

Still plenty of this game for me to explore as I've just done the main quest line.
    Haven't tried contests, battle island, soar, secret hideout and who knows what other features of the game so I'm sure more will show up

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • #1 Feebas is made easier to find.

Sorry folks, but I'd like a challenge to get my Feebas, especially since I had one back at Sapphire, as well as back at Pearl, and both I caught by searching for Feebas tiles. It makes me happier to brag that I caught them myself.

#2 Ash collecting

OH GOD I JUST WANT THEM GLASS FURNITURE AND HOW LONG MUST I WALK THROUGH THE ASH JUST TO OBTAIN THEM?!

Plus the originals makes the amount quite clear, it's pretty much randomized right now. :/

Candy

Years
  • oh dear no clear glass furniture guidelines? oo.O

It's more to:

Originals: Hey, you need like # steps left.
    ORAS: Hey, you need like # grams left.

And here I'm left confused as to how many times I have to go through the volcanic ash just to reach that amount.

Years
  • I think they changed the "huff puff" to "klink klink" as they thought something smoke related might have not been very kid-friendly.

But I think i'll give mention to how sweet it is that late in the game you're able to Fly on Lati@s without needing the HM.

edit: Whoa wait, are we talking about bad things about the game? But in that case, if I had to choose, the fact that Professor Birch is stupid enough to be chased by wild Pokémon a whopping four times in total, and not learn from his mistakes. =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The easier method of making Pokeblocks and catching Feebas are a major godsend, you folks are crazy. >.>

I don't see the point of giving yourself unnecessary stress over a Pokemon just for bragging rights, or having to constantly time buttons or swirl around in circles with your stylus just to get a good Pokeblock/Poffin.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • After my Gallade KO Wally's Mega Gallade, he offers me a Dawn Stone and... "If you have a male Kirlia as one of your partners, I hope you use it on..." Really? o.O

Candy

Years
  • The easier method of making Pokeblocks and catching Feebas are a major godsend, you folks are crazy. >.>

I don't see the point of giving yourself unnecessary stress over a Pokemon just for bragging rights, or having to constantly time buttons or swirl around in circles with your stylus just to get a good Pokeblock/Poffin.

Shut up, my Milotics are my precious babies. I have the rights to brag about them, especially back at the DPPt era. Not to mention I've managed to catch a shiny one at Mt. Coronet, though a guy, but still worth bragging rights. :v

But yeah, the easier method of Pokeblock-making is a godsend, cause I'm quite terrible at it.

Another thing is the amount of teleportations May and Wally made. Especially Wally and Route 118. Can't I just surf through the south and train with the swimmers there?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I was fine with Latias suddenly appearing in front of Steven and I, but I was "are you serious" when Latios "joined" me. -,-
    As much as I like the Lati@s, getting one that easy and early was so "wtf" for me.

Latios went straight to the PC. :/

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • For me? Well, I just finished fighting Steven at the League for the first time, and I had set my mind to win in a most epic manner by using Final Gambit on his already badly poisoned Mega Metagross with my Staraptor. But it still had near-full HP, so I decided to switch into my Cofagrigus, thinking Hex would damage it just about enough to leave it in yellow, all ready and set to be annihilated by Staraptor.

But what do you know, Hex murders the thing, and it took its HP bar a little bit less than 2 seconds to reach zero. It was incredibly anticlimactic (for a second there I actually thought his Metagross was made of glass).

Years
  • For me? Well, I just finished fighting Steven at the League for the first time, and I had set my mind to win in a most epic manner by using Final Gambit on his already badly poisoned Mega Metagross with my Staraptor. But it still had near-full HP, so I decided to switch into my Cofagrigus, thinking Hex would damage it just about enough to leave it in yellow, all ready and set to be annihilated by Staraptor.

But what do you know, Hex murders the thing, and it took its HP bar a little bit less than 2 seconds to reach zero. It was incredibly anticlimactic (for a second there I actually thought his Metagross was made of glass).

If you want to know why Hex "murdered" that Metagross, it's due to the Steel-type losing its weaknesses to Dark and Ghost in 6th Gen, so yeah it actually gained new weaknesses as a result of that.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • Can I vent a moment and say I'm not very pleased with the fact I have to do Contests to get AS' Lucarionite? There's only one thing I really wanted from the Contests, and that's Cosplay Pikachu. I don't like that I have to port over my Lucarionite from X to AS just so I can consider myself relatively complete on my Mega Stone checklist.

I'm not as bummed about the Garchompite, however. That's tied to a feature I actually like.

Years
  • I may not have played the games yet, but I can still leave my "are you serious" moment and well, it's an interesting one.

The tall grass on Route 119 and 120 (it's very notorious in the former route) looks even more concealing now compared to the originals (and I always thought how it was bad in Emerald thanks to your character wearing green in their clothes), but in general the design of the tall grass in 6th Gen is much taller-looking than previous generations. This Tumblr post pretty much sums it up.

It also kinda bugs me how they've now changed Routes 118, 121 and 123 (and the Safari Zone) to have tall grass, given they didn't look that way in the originals. Game Freak shouldn't change grass patches entirely, because the last two remakes never did that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You can't pick words from a list anymore for things and can type in whatever you want. One of my great joys was coming up with ridiculous things based on the word lists. People might think that more customization is better but I preferred it the old way. :(

Back