• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you shy?

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Around friends and on the internet, no. At school (Unless I'm with people I'm comfortable with) and around people I don't know, yes. But I'm not COMPLETELY shy. I'm confident enough to try out for solos in Choir. (I finally got one. -.-U)

Shadow98

Master Of Pokemon Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    im very shy as well!
    I am not very good at speaking in front of veery large crowds or in front of strangers!

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    "._. U-Um, I t-think I'm v-very s-s-s-"

XP I'm not that shy (I think)...just quiet/skeptical towards strangers and people I don't know, which makes them assume I'm shy.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I'm incredibly shy IRL, For example, i talk normal on forums to people, but say if i met one of them, i wouldn't know what to say and would probably freak out xD

I gotta get my shyness gone forever ;[

Kim

Years
    A lot of people have said they're shy around strangers. I wonder if that's an age thing....I know when I was a kid, I was soooo scared and shy around strangers. Now, sometimes, I'm more comfortable with strangers than my closest friensds. I read something yesterday about how grown women would actually rather start a relationship with a stranger than a close friend, because they generally dont care about what a stranger says/thinks, but someone they care for, they do.

I find it all very interesting.

fallen_angel

Sabaku No Gaara
    Years
    I'm shy at school and everything but at home i'm not. To my friends i'm not sure and to people i'm comfortable to be around with i'm not shy. But strangers/people i've just met then i'm shy.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    I neve was until middle school...but after middle school I started to slowly break that habbit. I think I officially stopped being shy around the end of 10th grade...

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Can you really "stop" being shy though? It sounds difficult to just change what you are like and force yourself to open up.

I suppose that I'm shy. I don't mind talking at all as I talk a lot to my friends, but it's the fact that my hobbies and interests are too different from the norm to have very much in common to start a conversation to begin with.

Chase Leader

Years
    Try me...trust me when I say that some of my hobbies and interests are far different from the norm...I think there is only one person who actually figured out what they were...but it doesn't make you shy. Shy in the simplest form is not being social...the key to breaking shyness is to talk about your hobbies and interests...who cares if anyone listens...at least you put it out there.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    "OMG you heard of the newest release from ________ yet?"

"Um, no not really. I don't listen to that kind of music so much."

"Oh really? What do you listen to? I want to know."

"Oh don't you think that Sanctuary got inferior lyrics to Passion?"

"What the hell?"

"Utada Hikaru songs? Kingdom Hearts 2 Main theme!"

*dead silence*

Didn't talk much with that girl except for "hi" after that... and the same thing for a lot of other people.

Chase Leader

Years
    I see what your saying...its a small step to move...but climbing the social ladder is tough. Another step would be to get involved in a sport or club that you like...at least you could talk about the sport or club your involved in...its not always about your interests...and no I'm not saying to be fake or anything...more or less you don't know till you try.

Kim

Years
    Naminé said:
    Can you really "stop" being shy though? It sounds difficult to just change what you are like and force yourself to open up.

I suppose that I'm shy. I don't mind talking at all as I talk a lot to my friends, but it's the fact that my hobbies and interests are too different from the norm to have very much in common to start a conversation to begin with.

And just what are your "hobbies?" Maybe try, I don't know...changing them, or accepting "normal" stuff? I bet you'd have a lot more friends.

And it's not difficult at all. Most shy people suffer from horrible confidence levels. Once you have tons of confidence, it's all easy.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    Kim said:

And it's not difficult at all. Most shy people suffer from horrible confidence levels. Once you have tons of confidence, it's all easy.

It's not always easy to up your confidence, though...
    I should know. Well, it's odd actually. I believe I'm pretty confident. Yet I'm really shy. O.o;
    I probably think I'm confident for slightly different reasons...like, I can go about my business and get things done on my own without talking to anyone unless absolutely necessary, and I no longer let people bother me.
    The main thing behind shyness, I think, is fear of how the other person(s) will judge you. I guess, yeah, that kinda explains my case...
    It sure is possible to overcome it, and I've come a long way from what I was like in elementary school. x.x

Last edited:
    Back