• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you shy?

Kim

Years
    coachwhipneoship said:
    It's not always easy to up your confidence, though...
    I should know. Well, it's odd actually. I believe I'm pretty confident. Yet I'm really shy. O.o;
    I probably think I'm confident for slightly different reasons...like, I can go about my business and get things done on my own without talking to anyone unless absolutely necessary, and I no longer let people bother me.
    The main thing behind shyness, I think, is fear of how the other person(s) will judge you. I guess, yeah, that kinda explains my case...
    It sure is possible to overcome it, and I've come a long way from what I was like in elementary school. x.x

Having confidence means you really don't care all that much, if at all, how the other judges you.

The only times i really care if someone judges me well or not is at a job interview. Anything else, well, why SHOULD I care?

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    It is good not to care about others judging you.
    I just often find myself wanting to please and/or have the respect of certain people, if I particularly like them or know that I'm going to be dealing with them again in the future...or if I might need help from them. ^^' There aren't that many people whom I have good reasons to care what they think about me, but...there are some.

Years
    Kim said:
    Having confidence means you really don't care all that much, if at all, how the other judges you.

The only times i really care if someone judges me well or not is at a job interview. Anything else, well, why SHOULD I care?

It is just that Kim, i can't let myself go, i have to think about what everybody else think about me. I am much better now, but i still can't let myself go

Back