• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you sick of victory road?

Years
    I was discussing this afew days ago and wondered why it always has to be ground/rock types in a cave. It has been more or less the same since gen 1 so I thought why not change it, why not have a forest, an underwater route or a cave with other types in eg mainly fire. I personally would like a forest with strong bug types just to be really different because generally the forest in every game is usally between badge 0 - 3.

who else thinks victory road needs a change at some point?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I think we need a better Victory Road. More like a real road, with loads of tough trainers. That's what Victory road is to me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The last two Victory Roads have a bit of change outside of the same generic Rock, Ground, Fighting, and bats. Although it's a cave so its to be expected. Sinnoh there was a good deal of springs within the cave that allowed for a decent amount of water types. Then in Unova that have the outter part of Victory Road that allows you to catch Fraxure, Mienfoo, version exclusive birds, Heatmor. You can catch Deino there as well, and a bunch of Durant who are Bug/Steel.

But yes I'd prefer a new type of path to the Elite Four outside of some cave or mountain roads. It would be neat to have Forests with strong Grass, Bug, Poison as opposed to what we have. Or heck even a water route mixed with a good deal of beaches. I'd like to see something like Kindle Road combined with Mt. Ember as an Victory Road that would contain Fire, Water, other mixes of typing.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Definitely agree, I mean it's always the same thing over and over again although there were some quite changes in the Sinnoh Victory Road, but I'd probably prefer a forest or much probably a huge building full of trainers and the last upper 5 floors are the Elite Four and the Champion. ^^

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I liked the Victory Road for Unova. IMO you had to bring too many HM's for Sinnoh & Hoenn. I didn't mind Kanto's since it was so easy to get through and it was pretty straight forward. Johto's was also easy, but the lack of trainers made it annoying to grind.

I'd love for Victory road to change from just a cave and a few tough trainer along with Rock, Ground etc Pokemon. I want it to have like a river inside that has strong water types and maybe a few secret passages for a legend or something, along with a grassy plain. It would be so nice and a refreshing change. o3o;

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    What about a Victory road that takes place in a house?
    (abandoned power plant, haunted house or whatever it is)

Or maybe a fiery cave with Fire Pokemon!
    (Volcano road *o*)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I would like to see more changes to Victory Road, definitely. I literally couldn't even grind on Victory Road in Unova because the Pokemon weren't the right type :( I had to go to weaker wild Pokemon since I had defeated every trainer already, lol.

Although one change that I think would be interesting is if somehow you get blocked into Victory Road once you go in, no Escape Ropes to get to the PokeMart or anything.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    What about a Victory Road where you choose your path?
    Like there could be four different directions you take all lead to the Pokemon League.
    Door 1: A forested area full of grass/bug/poison types and a few other types with some trainers who run those types in their teams.
    Door 2: A cave area full of the stereotypical cave pokemon and trainers that run them.
    Door 3: A complex water route with many water/flying/ice types and some other types with trainers who utilize those types.
    Door 4: A trainer challenge. This route is all through a building. It goes straight forward to the pokemon league but it's continuous trainer battle after trainer battle. Maybe one or two medics in there. They use a wide range of pokemon for variety.

I think this would be awesome. A choose your own Victory Road.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
    the victory road looks more like a victory cave (victory cliff in B/W)
    at least make the victtory road have some other pokemon and change the scenery in certain areas (like entering a new area in vic road)

the johto route 27-26 is more of the victory road than the victory road itself

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
    Years
    ^^ This idea would be good, but for this to work,the trainers would need to be slighty overleveled/have a very good typing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I think of Victory Road, I think of a long, winding road filled with strong wild Pokemon and trainers. Every single Victory Road so far is in a cave, so I'd like to see a future Victory Road that looks more like a road (and possibly have a smaller cave in it).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well, Durant is steel but I suppose thats similar to the whole Rock/Ground type cycle but It's a cave so really.. it's expected, thats why we have certain areas for certain Pokémon i.e Viridian Forest for Bug types, Water routes for Water Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    What about a Victory Road where you choose your path?
    Like there could be four different directions you take all lead to the Pokemon League.
    Door 1: A forested area full of grass/bug/poison types and a few other types with some trainers who run those types in their teams.
    Door 2: A cave area full of the stereotypical cave pokemon and trainers that run them.
    Door 3: A complex water route with many water/flying/ice types and some other types with trainers who utilize those types.
    Door 4: A trainer challenge. This route is all through a building. It goes straight forward to the pokemon league but it's continuous trainer battle after trainer battle. Maybe one or two medics in there. They use a wide range of pokemon for variety.

I think this would be awesome. A choose your own Victory Road.

I think that would be great too!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    They should just make one giant bridge for the Victory Road. It'd be just like the bridge north of Cerulean City but 10 tiles wider and like 500 tiles longer so you can have one extremely long and linear path for you to hatch your Pokemon eggs on.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    An ideal Victory Road for me would be a microcosm of pretty much everything you've just faced. Bits of forest, a patches of grass, water levels, maybe a little bit of cave, an ice part... getting progressively harder and with a greater variety of Pokemon to capture and trainers to battle. That would be a better 'test' to see if you're ready for the E4 than another cave, no matter how elaborately designed it is or if it has outdoor access, as in Unova.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    The Unova Victory Road for me was a very welcome change from the standard cave. I liked the mountain style, and how you had to slide down ledges to get where you needed to go, or if you go down the wrong one, you have to start back from earlier. It has much more interesting mini-puzzles with the ledges.

As far as future changes to Victory Road, how's this sound? As the name suggests, it should be a road of some sort. How about they make it more like a long route? You would have to use every HM in the game to navigate. There would be grassy areas, mountains, surfing areas, waterfalls, and tough trainers left and right.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I've never really liked Victory Road actually. First of all because I could never figure it out when I was younger lol, and second because I just don't like caves. And it's repetitive.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Victory Road should be more creative.
    It would be cool if they add a pond, a tree puzzle or any random stuffs.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i hate that it has too little trainers to me to battle xD

Back