• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you Simpson Crazy?

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    Just a thread to discuss about the Simpsons if you're a Simpsons fan.
    I liked watching those shorts that originally aired around 1987 before the it became an actual show. so I ask you all this... well... the title will ask...

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
    Favorite simpsons episode?

my favorite episode is Probably that christmas trilogy thingy,it's a recent one also that one where homer becomes ceo of the power plant

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    For me, there's really no topping "King-Size Homer". Homer despises the nuclear plant's new exercise program, and decides to gain 61 pounds in order to claim a disability and work at home. He soon begins to experience the negative aspects of being obese, and his life starts falling apart. It's amazing, and there's rarely a day that I honest-to-God quote something from it. Whether it's Homer's dialogue with the computer ("To start press any key. There doesn't seem to be any "Any Key"! I see Esc, C-tar-l and Pig Up.") to Bart's assertion that in the future he'll "wash himself with a rag on a stick" to Lisa's defence and subsequent embarrassment of defending Homer to Ralph Wiggum on the school bus after Homer drives next to it with a stolen ice cream truck ("Mmm, that's raspberry!"). It's just an amazing piece of The Simpsons and of television in general.

And yes, I am Simpsons crazy! As long as Simpsons is defined as (1989-1998)

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
    i don't know why everyone hates the mike scully era stuff i think i'm the only who dosan't despise it, i mean it was bad, but still better then a lot of the other garbage out their

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I find a lot of the Scully era extremely patchy. There are some hidden gems in there, but most of it is complete dirge. I agree that the hatred is particularly exaggerated by some corners of the Simpsons fan-base, but in comparison to what came before... can you blame the fans for feeling slightly cheated?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like seasons 1 through 9. With 8 being the last great season. Seasons 4 and 5 are my favourite and Marge VS. the Monorail is probably my favourite episode.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I have no idea what seasons but I love all the episodes. Without doubt Homer makes me laugh in every episode. Does anyone remeber the Halloween parody of The Shining, my god that's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE
    When he sees his own face in the mirror and falls down the stairs, I was crying all the way through the ad breaks.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I have no idea what seasons but I love all the episodes. Without doubt Homer makes me laugh in every episode. Does anyone remeber the Halloween parody of The Shining, my god that's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE
    When he sees his own face in the mirror and falls down the stairs, I was crying all the way through the ad breaks.
    Shhh.... do you want to get sued?

I think that's the same episode that had Home travelling through time. I love that short. I'm the first non-Brazilian person to travel through time!

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    i liked the episode when Homer couldn't get his BBQ Pit up right. his scream was funny in that episode... Homer's my favorite character because of his behavior in the episodes.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I was previously into The Simpsons way more than I am now. But I don't know if the quality of the episodes is degrading; in fact, I think it's simply because I'm moving on. My tastes in television and humour are moving on and The Simpsons isn't as suited to me as it used to be.

I do recall having some favourite episodes, though. Usually Christmas ones, incidentally! As long as they weren't full of singing. I hate it when that happens, tbh.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years

I do recall having some favourite episodes, though. Usually Christmas ones, incidentally! As long as they weren't full of singing. I hate it when that happens, tbh.

I don't blame ya... I feel the same way about shows that have singing... if they'r short songs fine but if half the episode, nah! I can't stand it!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm quite a vivid watcher. I'll watch it whenever it's online or I'm bored. I always enjoy it. In fact, I quite enjoyed last weeks christmas episode, in the future. :3 It is probably one of the best shows on television.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Nope. Not anymore. New Simpsons are getting boring, old ones were best. Few years ago I watched The Simpsons few times in a week but not anymore, I rarely watch The Simpsons anymore. They are still funny and has same characters but nah... My favourite character would be meaby Ned or Bob.

Years
    I don't blame ya... I feel the same way about shows that have singing... if they'r short songs fine but if half the episode, nah! I can't stand it!

Hah so I'm not the only one:)

Anyway, i'm also more into the older series, with Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure as my favorite characters :P

Back